Anyone on BSNL EVDO?

@Redbull :- I toh am getting only 2 towers as compared to your four.. Also i dont see "e" after EVDO... Although i havent tried it yet as activation isnt done even in 3 days.. but i am expecting it to be activated by tomorrow..

I am sure i am not gonna get full speed at half a range :eek: FINGERS CROSSED...

dipen01 said:
@Redbull :- I toh am getting only 2 towers as compared to your four.. Also i dont see "e" after EVDO... Although i havent tried it yet as activation isnt done even in 3 days.. but i am expecting it to be activated by tomorrow..

I am sure i am not gonna get full speed at half a range :eek: FINGERS CROSSED...

1.U have EVDO right there at top na and not 1X?

2.Get a good long USB extender cable and try all around the room, the range varies so much in my case that i sometimes have to place the modem in weird locations and directions to enjoy full speed.Try different rooms also if u cant get decent speeds above 1mbps atleast.

My friend just tested out his connection after waiting for almost a month to get it. Speeds are quite pathetic! He gets a max of 10-12 KBPS no matter what! He has tried multiple systems, and different locations, but still no use!

I am really fed up man.. I got it on Saturday.. Been calling customer care everyday since then.. Its still not activated..

"The remote computer did not respond"

Plus even CC guys are so dumb.. They are like it should work, it will definitely be activated by tomorrow..It can be activated only from Vadodara and we cant do anything and blah blah... I wonder when thier tomorrow will finally arrive..

Can anyone help me with Vadodara Customer Care.. Ill atleast press them to activate it..

Plus even range is not consistent.. Half of the day its INACTIVE.. The other half i get 2 towers.. Its not even activated but i feel it was a huge mistake..

Should have gone with Airtel Broadband..

Finally after 6 days.. went to thier office.. and problem was on thier end.. So now its cleared..

and so now its started.. Speed fluctuates a lot.. One second it gives 150KB/s and next sec its like 50KB/s.. was getting only 2 towers on my desktop so using it on my bro's Laptop.. Rarely get 4 towers.. Though getting 3 towers consistently..

Speed almost doubles if the signal strength is full as compared to 3 towers..

Anyways dont wanna be greedy... I am fine with this speed..as long as its consistent..

dipen01 said:
Finally after 6 days.. went to thier office.. and problem was on thier end.. So now its cleared..

and so now its started.. Speed fluctuates a lot.. One second it gives 150KB/s and next sec its like 50KB/s.. was getting only 2 towers on my desktop so using it on my bro's Laptop.. Rarely get 4 towers.. Though getting 3 towers consistently..

Speed almost doubles if the signal strength is full as compared to 3 towers..

Anyways dont wanna be greedy... I am fine with this speed..as long as its consistent..

With EVDO, signal matters a lot. In my case (Tata Photon), signal is very good where I stay but there are times when it goes from 5 to 4 bars and speed drops considerably (Say from 170+ to 100 or 110 :p) and back up when it regains. So, I can imagine the fluctuations when it goes from 2 to 3 or 4 signal bars.

Got a EVDO connection for testing:p

speeds are vary around 400-700kbps which is very nice considering that it is a Unlimited plan for 550/-. Its cheap & faster than any other UL plan

I am in Jaipur and there Signal Strength Varies a lot.

So i have to try various angles to find the perfect position:D

Yeah same thing Although i am facing frequent down times as in Signal disappears at night after 1 AM... Also It was down whole day, yesterday. Although right now since half hr, its avg 1300kbps - 1500kbps but i am sure its gonna get back to 300-600 :eek:

I hope to snatch PB, HIMYM, OTH by the time speed starts sucking again :bleh:

Got EVDO card three days from Bhawani peth Pune exchange. stillnot activate....Please let me know if anyone knows Vadodara customer care no. as cards activated from vadodara......

I am getting 2 bars and my evdo speeds are avg 260kbps...its very slow....in downloading i m getting 10-15kb/sec

how to increase it ?

Back