Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

Not sure why some people cannot accept that there is an audience out there who buys apple products (audio) for the convenience factor and not the SQ.

Similarly, when people speak of super high end devices don't realize most people don't really care about those and are perfectly happy with their cheaper tws.

And yes I understand that you have used apple products and feel robbed and now have sworn to never buy those again but then there are others who will.

Also before anyone starts labeling me as always defending apple, please understand I am not trying to defend them here and I actually loathe so many things they do and if I was a fanboy I would have all their latest and greatest stuff but I don't.
I still use a 5.5 year old 6S and my wife uses a 3+ year old X. My watch is bought back in 2017 and is series 3 and not latest.

Also it is understandable people are upset that they cannot see this new feature but don't you guys know that India is always bottom of the list when it comes to services for Apple. We are not first world country who spends a lot on services and will first look at free options.
But please understand that you are getting upset for a feature that was not even available when you took the apple music subscription so its not like your primary feature of high quality (not lossless) was taken away from you. It is an added feature that hasn't hit you your device / account yet.

I am not subscribed to apple music but if there is a way I can verify let me know since I do hold a US apple account. May be the feature is only for (for now) for certain countries' apple accounts? No clue, I am just assuming.

Logic in Apple threads ? You crazy boy ! :D

How does the HD599 SE compare to the 598? Reason I am asking is that I can only find the 599 SE. No listings for the 598 anywhere.
HD599 have a smaller but precise soundstage with slightly more emphasis on highs. Some may prefer it over 598. But I like the laid back sound of 598 for casual listening.
Logic in Apple threads ? You crazy boy ! :D
But lossless audio and iphone in the same thread!!
It's so weird, back in 2009-10 we used iPod touch with fiio amps happily!!
I completely understand the sentiment of newer Apple users...can't help myself from pulling their legs little bit, specially when it comes to audio.
But most of these new users don't realise how good Macs are for audio. It's not only convenience, Mac OS is miles ahead of Windows in this department with the awesome core audio, built-in drivers for many external DAC/ Amps, a very clean headphones out, a very decent built in amp section. And some softwares are considerably cheaper and better on Mac than Windows.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you raks.
Lekin kuch cheesey samajh nehi ata hai..
1. Why is Apple creating thing hype around their high res streaming? None of their wireless headphones can go beyond AAC.
2. What the hell music has to do with 360 audio and other similar crazy things? 99 percent of music is recorded in stereo. Even 32bit ,192 kHz during production is a major PITA due to higher noise floor.
Upsampling / stereo seperation into multi channel will introduce even more noise, phase issues and what not.
That thing will be shoved in the ears through incapable drivers of earpods, 1000XM4 and other assortments of rubbish wireless headphones. What's the point?

Well it is apple. They will hype the hell out of the simplest feature and present like they are first to invent it. It's their marketing and to be honest it does work for them. Features available in android will be advertised like apple got it first which we know is lie and people on forums (0.001% population) will make fun and all but eventually out there, most people will buy stuff based on advertisement and word of mouth and such.
Hi resolution audio is for a super duper niche audience. Pretty sure 99% people in India who use Saavn, Spotify,gaana etc all use free tier which doesn't even give them 320 kbps (myself one of them) and still with lower than that quality they are satisfied.

HD599 have a smaller but precise soundstage with slightly more emphasis on highs. Some may prefer it over 598. But I like the laid back sound of 598 for casual listening.

But lossless audio and iphone in the same thread!!
It's so weird, back in 2009-10 we used iPod touch with fiio amps happily!!

You know it's marketing, man. Every company does it. Maybe WHO should take a leaf out of it. :pompus:

Hope I didn't come out as apple hater in my previous post, I only suggested what's "good" value for the money. At the end of the day people buy what they want based on their priorities.

and I was thinking AirPods Pro sounds the best. I'm waiting for my shiny new iPad Pro 12-inch with the fancy new xdr display to get delivered to watch some HDR movies in Apple TV app. They already look amazing on 4k monitors. Can't wait to watch on the new iPad screen.
I was actually going to order a matching airPods max in space grey to go along with it. But now I'm really thinking about AirPods max.
Is India even getting the atmos on music? I'm still waiting apple.
Btw, 3 HomePods with the audio beam forming tech is the best for speakers right? 2 stereo and 1 acting as woofer blows everything out of the water. Can't get better than that for sure. I can personally vouch for it.

and I was thinking AirPods Pro sounds the best. I'm waiting for my shiny new iPad Pro 12-inch with the fancy new xdr display to get delivered to watch some HDR movies in Apple TV app. They already look amazing on 4k monitors. Can't wait to watch on the new iPad screen.
I was actually going to order a matching airPods max in space grey to go along with it. But now I'm really thinking about AirPods max.
Is India even getting the atmos on music? I'm still waiting apple.
Btw, 3 HomePods with the audio beam forming tech is the best for speakers right? 2 stereo and 1 acting as woofer blows everything out of the water. Can't get better than that for sure. I can personally vouch for it.

But didn't apple say that the max won't support this lossless over bluetooth and not even over cable or I am missing something? Airpods Pro may sound good (to you) and may be to most folks but may not really satisfy audiophiles for sure who (rightfully) will say you cannot great SQ in bluetooth and wired is the way to go.

But didn't apple say that the max won't support this lossless over bluetooth and not even over cable or I am missing something? Airpods Pro may sound good (to you) and may be to most folks but may not really satisfy audiophiles for sure who (rightfully) will say you cannot great SQ in bluetooth and wired is the way to go.
oh.. then I guess I just have to wait for the technology to catch up so I can try them wireless someday.

Not sure why some people cannot accept that there is an audience out there who buys apple products (audio) for the convenience factor and not the SQ.

Similarly, when people speak of super high end devices don't realize most people don't really care about those and are perfectly happy with their cheaper tws.

And yes I understand that you have used apple products and feel robbed and now have sworn to never buy those again but then there are others who will.

Also before anyone starts labeling me as always defending apple, please understand I am not trying to defend them here and I actually loathe so many things they do and if I was a fanboy I would have all their latest and greatest stuff but I don't.
I still use a 5.5 year old 6S and my wife uses a 3+ year old X. My watch is bought back in 2017 and is series 3 and not latest.

Also it is understandable people are upset that they cannot see this new feature but don't you guys know that India is always bottom of the list when it comes to services for Apple. We are not first world country who spends a lot on services and will first look at free options.
But please understand that you are getting upset for a feature that was not even available when you took the apple music subscription so its not like your primary feature of high quality (not lossless) was taken away from you. It is an added feature that hasn't hit you your device / account yet.

I am not subscribed to apple music but if there is a way I can verify let me know since I do hold a US apple account. May be the feature is only for (for now) for certain countries' apple accounts? No clue, I am just assuming.
Oh I was thinking why you didnt reply on this thread yet, I must have missed your post. :)

And still you keep saying that you are not a defender of apple. Anyone who posts anything across TE about apple which is not praise, gets a response from you highlighting to them why they are wrong.
Jeez the kind of Apple haters that this forum has makes me think like Steve Jobs personally hurt them in some way.
Jeez the Apple loyalists that this forum has makes me think like Steve Jobs must have done them some personal charity or favor for them.

Which he did to nobody while he was alive!!

Oh I was thinking why you didnt reply on this thread yet, I must have missed your post. :)

And still you keep saying that you are not a defender of apple. Anyone who posts anything across TE about apple which is not praise, gets a response from you highlighting to them why they are wrong.

Jeez the Apple loyalists that this forum has makes me think like Steve Jobs must have done them some personal charity or favor for them.

Which he did to nobody while he was alive!!

I never said they are not wrong. I myself told you I am pissed about many things that apple does, be it removing headphone jack and putting entire industry in dongle hell which they even did on macbooks. I am not sure why you think I lust apple. I just mentioned something that you think is me praising while you can just open a thread cursing apple tv because you were unable to figure something out and rightly no one even bothered to reply due to the way it was framed. If you would have just asked the question properly, I am sure some people would have suggested something even if they don't know what is to be done.

You are so prejudiced against apple that you actually think anyone using their products are moron and dumb and are burning money. I have had bad experiences with android devices but I don't go bashing it in every thread. I also have had (very few) bad experiences with apple products (iPhone 6 Plus touch disease) but overall I have had only positive experience so I am ok with it. My father used to use iPhone 5S but doesn't like anymore and same with my brother but I don't go taunting them at home saying they use android. I don't care what they use.

If you would have just asked the question properly, I am sure some people would have suggested something even if they don't know what is to be done.
I wasnt able to figure it out, you are so wrong. How can one not figure out how to enter login password and press enter!! It turns out that it is a glitch where Apple wrongly reads cookies of the users and tags it to the ISP node instead of your IP, which leads to users getting blocked due to wrong programming.

I googled that and found out. Created a new id and vpn'ed it. Basically what any tech user would do.

It was supposed to be a rant. It was to highlight that a company that promises glitch-free experience for noobs or 'superior experience' as its only reason to charge manchaha premium is not glitch-free. I dont care if anyone responds or not. I am sure based on the views many saw my experience which is what the purpose of the post was.
oh.. then I guess I just have to wait for the technology to catch up so I can try them wireless someday.
You can buy a sony headphone that supports LDAC and get 3 times the bandwidth of bluetooth, close to 900kbps on Android. Most of the 'cd quality' tracks on Tidal are anyways 900 kbps, so you can experience the huge jump now and not wait for the future.

Last edited:
@raksrules - yes, you are so right. Someone called me naive, inexperienced and borderline arrogant just because they think owning apple products or being able to afford them is arrogance.
Some people are just so delusional to think a certain list of things perceived to be good value for money to them should be the same for others which might not be the priority for others and anyone who disagrees is naive, inexperienced or is blowing money.

@raksrules - yes, you are so right. Someone called me naive, inexperienced and borderline arrogant just because they think owning apple products or being able to afford them is arrogance.
Some people are just so delusional to think a certain list of things perceived to be good value for money to them should be the same for others which might not be the priority for others and anyone who disagrees is naive, inexperienced or is blowing money.

I was myself someone who would do this back until 2011. I called my friend naïve for buying an iPhone 3GS while I held (I think) ZTE Blade in my hand. All this changed in 2011 end when I was in US and I bought my wife a second hand iPhone 4. Next year, got myself a 4S and changed it only in 2015 end and still using 6S now.

I called you all these things. 3 homepods for the ultimate audio set up...you're way worse than those mild words.
Apple doesn't make Airpods Max...they are called Airpod Max ( BTW you get a free leatherette bra with every pair)
3 homepods for ideal set-up!! Is it the newest idea from Apple?
FYI I was a Mac user for more than a decade, iphone from the 3G one, and still use an iMac as main production computer, an older ipad Pro everyday. Oh!! Almost forgot..I'm actually using an iPhone ( the cheap old XR)
And yes, Apple forced us to hate it ( the most loyal customers who also bought their amazing softwares..LPX and FCPX) by first removing the 3.5mm audio out from iphones (others followed soon, so it's not only an Apple issue now)
But what they did after that was unimaginable!!
Removed all ports and slots from the MBP and replaced the perfectly fine keyboard with rubbish butterfly keys ( with close to 100 percent failure rate in 3 years..if you're extremely lucky) Thankfully those arrogant pricks went back to older design after 5 years and 5 millions complaints.
Not even going to their weird logic board design and gluing up everything (I don't understand much about internal components, but older MBPs were much more easier to repair, even a noob like me could upgrade the RAM, replace the crappy slow HDD with SSD)
Now I hate Apple because they have become a freaking phone and toy headphones, crappy speaker manufacturer.
The same company who bought Camel audio and gave us Alchemy for free with Logic!!
But you possibly have never heard about these genuinely great thing Apple did ( pretty obvious from the homepod set-up)
We hate Apple now, because we know how good it was even 10 years ago and what it has become!!
I was myself someone who would do this back until 2011. I called my friend naïve for buying an iPhone 3GS while I held (I think) ZTE Blade in my hand. All this changed in 2011 end when I was in US and I bought my wife a second hand iPhone 4. Next year, got myself a 4S and changed it only in 2015 end and still using 6S now.
Since you used the best iphones, you should understand how good Apple was and how pathetic it has become!!
Apple gave us Alchemy for free!! You can make an entire album with this one software Synth, just one Synth!! Think about it!!!

I called you all these things. 3 homepods for the ultimate audio set up...you're way worse than those mild words.
Apple doesn't make Airpods Max...they are called Airpod Max ( BTW you get a free leatherette bra with every pair)
3 homepods for ideal set-up!! Is it the newest idea from Apple?
FYI I was a Mac user for more than a decade, iphone from the 3G one, and still use an iMac as main production computer, an older ipad Pro everyday. Oh!! Almost forgot..I'm actually using an iPhone ( the cheap old XR)
And yes, Apple forced us to hate it ( the most loyal customers who also bought their amazing softwares..LPX and FCPX) by first removing the 3.5mm audio out from iphones (others followed soon, so it's not only an Apple issue now)
But what they did after that was unimaginable!!
Removed all ports and slots from the MBP and replaced the perfectly fine keyboard with rubbish butterfly keys ( with close to 100 percent failure rate in 3 years..if you're extremely lucky) Thankfully those arrogant pricks went back to older design after 5 years and 5 millions complaints.
Not even going to their weird logic board design and gluing up everything (I don't understand much about internal components, but older MBPs were much more easier to repair, even a noob like me could upgrade the RAM, replace the crappy slow HDD with SSD)
Now I hate Apple because they have become a freaking phone and toy headphones, crappy speaker manufacturer.
The same company who bought Camel audio and gave us Alchemy for free with Logic!!
But you possibly have never heard about these genuinely great thing Apple did ( pretty obvious from the homepod set-up)
We hate Apple now, because we know how good it was even 10 years ago and what it has become!!

Since you used the best iphones, you should understand how good Apple was and how pathetic it has become!!
Apple gave us Alchemy for free!! You can make an entire album with this one software Synth, just one Synth!! Think about it!!!

I remember you gave similar details in another apple thread but everyone just ignored it and discussed around it because they had no answers and because.....

Of what @alekhkhanna said

Logic in Apple threads ? You crazy boy !

Love them or hate them, hold their stocks. That's the bottom-line.
Except if it is the years leading up to 1997 again. Never say never and never say always is the first thing any good trader or investor learns.
No company will forever grow and no company is too big to fail.
Constantly adapting and learning to unlearn what you know is the only investing technique that works.

Last edited:
yes.. I'm still using my iPad mini2 (the 1st version to have the retina display) till today because it still flies through everything I do on it which is reading books, browsing and watching YouTube and I'm someone who always keeps buying the latest apple products. It still gets software updates even if it's iOS 12 updates and it's one of the best value for money products I have ever bought.
I used a nexus 5 and one plus1 before switching to iPhone for good because android was just buggy and looked ugly whereas iPhone felt like it was from another planet. Ppl would say why not just install custom ROM or whatever to your liking? Guess what I never bothered to even change the wallpaper or the ringtone in both the phones. Those weren't really what I was looking for.
Don't even get me started on play store letting users to install all kinds of crap disguised as apps all over the internet and experts would just expect everyone to spend their time to learn and know how not to get hacked or what not whereas apple allows users to install only from the App Store thereby protecting it's users from crap apps and substandard software. Something I don't mind paying a premium price for. Same for when something doesn't work or I don't know how to do it. Calling apple support and fixing it in 15-20 mins instead of googling and troubleshooting for hours and creating threads and waiting for replies. When you call windows support they will tell you to contact the hardware manufacturer or reinstall windows altogether . Another reason I like paying a premium instead of wasting my time searching for solutions which don't even get fixed after wasting the time.

Back