Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

I remember you gave similar details in another apple thread but everyone just ignored it and discussed around it because they had no answers and because.....

Of what @alekhkhanna said
How do you argue with someone who compares Windows and Apple's "support".

How do you make someone understand the gradual deterioration of Apple when they don't even know MBPs used to come with 2 CDs, one with the OS, another with GarageBand etc.

People just assume we haven't used Apple products ( in reality many of the pissed off people have used Mac and iOS for more than decades and eventually gave up when Apple became synonymous with iphone and started ignoring their most loyal customers)

It's really sad that even techies and geeks here can't defend Apple with the great things Apple did to personal computing. Possibly because most of the long term Mac users have already left. And the new fans don't even know how genuinely good Apple was.
As usual Apple fans are on back foot playing defensive game, come on :p
I still love the Mac OS, but absolutely hate some of their hardware decisions...which group shall I defend?
Honestly I can defend Apple far better than the few wannabes who are trying to set up 3 home pods for "ultimate" audio experience.
Heck I can even defend shitty things like Airpod Pros, APM far better than these people.

I called you all these things. 3 homepods for the ultimate audio set up...you're way worse than those mild words.
Apple doesn't make Airpods Max...they are called Airpod Max ( BTW you get a free leatherette bra with every pair)
3 homepods for ideal set-up!! Is it the newest idea from Apple?
FYI I was a Mac user for more than a decade, iphone from the 3G one, and still use an iMac as main production computer, an older ipad Pro everyday. Oh!! Almost forgot..I'm actually using an iPhone ( the cheap old XR)
And yes, Apple forced us to hate it ( the most loyal customers who also bought their amazing softwares..LPX and FCPX) by first removing the 3.5mm audio out from iphones (others followed soon, so it's not only an Apple issue now)
But what they did after that was unimaginable!!
Removed all ports and slots from the MBP and replaced the perfectly fine keyboard with rubbish butterfly keys ( with close to 100 percent failure rate in 3 years..if you're extremely lucky) Thankfully those arrogant pricks went back to older design after 5 years and 5 millions complaints.
Not even going to their weird logic board design and gluing up everything (I don't understand much about internal components, but older MBPs were much more easier to repair, even a noob like me could upgrade the RAM, replace the crappy slow HDD with SSD)
Now I hate Apple because they have become a freaking phone and toy headphones, crappy speaker manufacturer.
The same company who bought Camel audio and gave us Alchemy for free with Logic!!
But you possibly have never heard about these genuinely great thing Apple did ( pretty obvious from the homepod set-up)
We hate Apple now, because we know how good it was even 10 years ago and what it has become!!

Since you used the best iphones, you should understand how good Apple was and how pathetic it has become!!
Apple gave us Alchemy for free!! You can make an entire album with this one software Synth, just one Synth!! Think about it!!!

Your rant, and it is a rant, is because you (and many others) used the ecosystem in a way you like, and then Apple decided they want to go certain other way (as a company they are free to do that), which isn't conducive to you.
I'm sure you've tons of other products in the market for your needs. Needlessly bringing up music production everytime someone even talks about enjoying anything made by Apple is just being plan stupid.
We get it, your stuff doesn't work with Apple. Well, deal with it. Move on. They sure have moved on.
Apple clearly is moving from industry standard to prosumer/consumer lineup. Can't blame them, the money lies in the current hot segment.
And they have done fabulous work on the new chips. Their ecosystem integration is increasing (multiple pods and devices work even more seamlessly now).
Apple TV+ is leading with some class apart shows.
Apple Arcade is miles better than what Google could do. Great gems.
iOS and iPadOS are slowly changing trends, with better widgets than Android, better multi-tasking, file browsing etc.
They were the first to do DV recording in their phones - milestone (and before someone harps what's the use - many among us have sets capable of showing DV content).
At the end of the day, they are in the business of making money, and selling experiences. They will market the shit of their releases (every brand does that).
If you're aligned to what they're selling, use it. If not, again, options are dime a dozen.
But these rants are getting old honestly. Same old crap spewed again and again.
You're an old user, and you'll not be a new user now. And that's fine. There's a natural progression to things. Apple will find it's new audience, and you'll find your new brand.

Can we have a separate thread for people to shit on Apple so that we can keep this thread to its topic which was the new Audio features only. Not iPhones, not Macs, nothing else just the new Audio features?

If you like or use a different product, then go ahead please, nobody is stopping you, nobody is asking to you to switch. Just stop starting unnecessary "Ha Apple bad" in every Apple related thread.

Can we have a separate thread for people to shit on Apple so that we can keep this thread to its topic which was the new Audio features only. Not iPhones, not Macs, nothing else just the new Audio features?

If you like or use a different product, then go ahead please, nobody is stopping you, nobody is asking to you to switch. Just stop starting unnecessary "Ha Apple bad" in every Apple related thread.
Every topic on Apple or Google is becoming very polarizing these days. boils down to name calling and flame-baiting.
We all are technical people here. (at least i would like to think so) but we debate like Arnab’s tv show. too much drama instead of technical discussions.

Your rant, and it is a rant, is because you (and many others) used the ecosystem in a way you like, and then Apple decided they want to go certain other way (as a company they are free to do that), which isn't conducive to you.
I'm sure you've tons of other products in the market for your needs. Needlessly bringing up music production everytime someone even talks about enjoying anything made by Apple is just being plan stupid.
We get it, your stuff doesn't work with Apple. Well, deal with it. Move on. They sure have moved on.
Apple clearly is moving from industry standard to prosumer/consumer lineup. Can't blame them, the money lies in the current hot segment.
And they have done fabulous work on the new chips. Their ecosystem integration is increasing (multiple pods and devices work even more seamlessly now).
Apple TV+ is leading with some class apart shows.
Apple Arcade is miles better than what Google could do. Great gems.
iOS and iPadOS are slowly changing trends, with better widgets than Android, better multi-tasking, file browsing etc.
They were the first to do DV recording in their phones - milestone (and before someone harps what's the use - many among us have sets capable of showing DV content).
At the end of the day, they are in the business of making money, and selling experiences. They will market the shit of their releases (every brand does that).
If you're aligned to what they're selling, use it. If not, again, options are dime a dozen.
But these rants are getting old honestly. Same old crap spewed again and again.
You're an old user, and you'll not be a new user now. And that's fine. There's a natural progression to things. Apple will find it's new audience, and you'll find your new brand.
True I am old, so are my musician friends. We are old MBP and Mac Pro ( trash can and before) using dinosaurs. Forget about us. What about the hundreds of studios ( both video and audio)?
The very shows you love are all edited in the trashcans. The new music you're listening to with your APP or APM were tracked, mixed and mastered in LPX ( a program we dinosaurs use daily)
Basically whatever you're consuming through streaming went through some of the old people like us who can still work in a DAW or video editor without touching the mouse/ trackpad all that much.
Sure it's a rant. As a consumer you're paying far less to Apple compared to a producer. I could perfectly work with a band and record , mix, master in the same MBP you are using if they gave us a single USB A port.
But no!! I have to pay 20 times more to get some freaking ports for a computer that I can't carry around and don't really need so much of power either.
My only fault being, I've learnt Logic, every single short-cut, all the tricks over 10 years.
And no!!A dongle may serve your purpose, but it's not enough ( not even bare minimum) for me. All I need is a SD card slot and one ****ing USB A port. MBP is neither that slim or light weight that that they had to ditch those.
Yes, it's a rant..a very long rant...and boring too.
But you possibly didn't learn any software for 10 years to understand the frustrations.
Every topic on Apple or Google is becoming very polarizing these days. boils down to name calling and flame-baiting.
We all are technical people here. (at least i would like to think so) but we debate like Arnab’s tv show. too much drama instead of technical discussions.
What kind of technical discussion? Calling up Microsoft and Apple and compare their "support" as a new Mac user has messed up the sleep image file?

Last edited:
True I am old, so are my musician friends. We are old MBP and Mac Pro ( trash can and before) using dinosaurs. Forget about us. What about the hundreds of studios ( both video and audio)?
The very shows you love are all edited in the trashcans. The new music you're listening to with your APP or APM were tracked, mixed and mastered in LPX ( a program we dinosaurs use daily)
Basically whatever you're consuming through streaming went through some of the old people like us who can still work in a DAW or video editor without touching the mouse/ trackpad all that much.
Sure it's a rant. As a consumer you're paying far less to Apple compared to a producer. I could perfectly work with a band and record , mix, master in the same MBP you are using if they gave us a single USB A port.
But no!! I have to pay 20 times more to get some freaking ports for a computer that I can't carry around and don't really need so much of power either.
My only fault being, I've learnt Logic, every single short-cut, all the tricks over 10 years.
And no!!A dongle may serve your purpose, but it's not enough ( not even bare minimum) for me. All I need is a SD card slot and one ****ing USB A port. MBP is neither that slim or light weight that that they had to ditch those.
But you possibly didn't learn any software for 10 years to understand the frustrations.

And that's where I am coming from. Apple has moved on, for better or for worse.

Does it suck ? Yeah.

Can you do anything ? No.

Can you rant ? Yes.

Does it make sense ranting about the SAME things in EVERY Apple thread ? No.

Will the world still work, listen to music on AM, Spotify and others if Apple continues the same way ? Yes.

However important you think your rant is, or you music production is, things will go on. People will find a way.

And please stop with the "you possibly didn't learn this or that" on every thread. Most of us don't know enough about each others' life to make that comment.

just the new Audio features..
What's there to discuss about the "new Audio features"?
High res audio is nothing new.
Positional audio is a disaster.
Apple hardware can't stream high res wirelessly.
DSP correction is an interesting topic, but how many will understand?
Most people don't even know positional audio files ( basically 5 channel from stereo) can be created with 2 very expensive DAWs ( Sequoia and Pyramix) from stereo wave files.
But nobody is interested in creation, all you people crave for consumption.

What kind of technical discussion? Calling up Microsoft and Apple and compare their "support" as a new Mac user has messed up the sleep image file?
The kind of generation that think they can do all work on iPad is to be blamed for this, Tim Cook putting M1 in that toy slate making same kind of people drooling over it. Apple is happy serving those dumb people these days makes me wonder if it's the same company that is behind the revolutionary MacOS.

And that's where I am coming from. Apple has moved on, for better or for worse.

Does it suck ? Yeah.

Can you do anything ? No.

Can you rant ? Yes.

Does it make sense ranting about the SAME things in EVERY Apple thread ? No.

Will the world still work, listen to music on AM, Spotify and others if Apple continues the same way ? Yes.

However important you think your rant is, or you music production is, things will go on. People will find a way.

And please stop with the "you possibly didn't learn this or that" on every thread. Most of us don't know enough about each others' life to make that comment.
If people stop sending DMs and ask questions about music production and Mac, will surely stop.

No these rants everywhere actually helped. Apple will possibly give us back at least one usb A port..and it's a huge achievement.
@quaratineinthesejeans I guess this forum hardly has people interested in music production. I am sure there must be other hubs for it. Most people will anyway be consumers (and creators elsewhere).
Trust me there are..just beginners and confused. Plus audiophiles. If they stop asking I will stop posting.
I can write nice and true things about Apple that most new users don't even know.
Not a pure hater mate, I was in that "ecosystem" for a decade, it's fine for consumption. But Apple was not for consumers. It stood up for creators during the ProTools rampage with their native system.
As a tech forum I expect people to know about some basic things.
Instead of ranting I can write a guide on how to make your own spatial audio from any wave file. But will anyone be interested in listening to Billie Eilish saying duh from above your head or behind ass cheeks?

Last edited:
No these rants everywhere actually helped. Apple will possibly give us back at least one usb A port..and it's a huge achievement.

Trust me there are..just beginners and confused. Plus audiophiles. If they stop asking I will stop posting.
I can write nice and true things about Apple that most new users don't even know.
Not a pure hater mate, I was in that "ecosystem" for a decade, it's fine for consumption. But Apple was not for consumers. It stood up for creators during the ProTools rampage with their native system.
As a tech forum I expect people to know about some basic things.
Instead of ranting I can write a guide on how to make your own spatial audio from any wave file. But will anyone be interested in listening to Billie Eilish saying duh from above your head or behind ass cheeks?

I believe there can be a separate thread for music production - Apple and non Apple. Will ensure Apple threads don't get bogged down with the same comments, and beginners can learn from you and others.

Instead of ranting I can write a guide on how to make your own spatial audio from any wave file
I, for one would be supremely interested in this. Could you please do this? Ever since I switched to open back I've stopped using Dolby Atmos, but still prefer to use it sometimes for some very specific music (ARR, Radiohead, Sparklehorse off the top of my head). But yea overall Atmos isn't that great, especially with music that has been mastered keeping stereo in mind (The Strokes and most other rock). So if there's a way to get the Atmos experience universally I'd be a happy camper!
Plus Atmos still sounds great for games

@quaratineinthesejeans I guess this forum hardly has people interested in music production. I am sure there must be other hubs for it. Most people will anyway be consumers (and creators elsewhere).
Wow so if someone doesn't go with your pro apple agenda now you are going to kick them off the forum?

I for one find red dragons post 100 times more useful than the same old posts which you and others keep posting over and over...He has clearly laid out the limitations of lossless audio on certain hardware and drawbacks of spatial audio... Some users kept highlighting apple hardware for no reason on lossless music thread... Are you calling them out? No. Because they are aligned with what you want to hear.

This is what yours and most of other users posts look like on any apple thread..

Wow 6 years of updates wow... Wow

Wow 7 years of updates.. Wow

Do these post help anyone? No

Do. These post add anything to the discussion? No

Do these post belong in a thread on lossless music? No

Does someone who is in the music industry contributing to a thread on lossless music is in the wrong? No

Is someone who is calling the above person to leave the forum and the thread is in the wrong? YES

Just because someone can't hear a bad thing about a company justify kicking the other forum member out of the thread or the forum? No

For some reason it is assumed by apple fans that they "own" threads about apple and that it can have only positive things said about apple... You're welcome to start a thread saying.. Apple fanboy club only positive things allowed... If you want such a thread

Last edited:
Wow so if someone doesn't go with your pro apple agenda now you are going to kick them off the forum?

I for one find red dragons post 100 times more useful than the same old posts which you and others keep posting over and over...He has clearly laid out the limitations of lossless audio on certain hardware and drawbacks of spatial audio... Some users kept highlighting apple hardware for no reason on lossless music thread... Are you calling them out? No. Because they are aligned with what you want to hear.

This is what yours and most of other users posts look like on any apple thread..

Wow 6 years of updates wow... Wow

Wow 7 years of updates.. Wow

Do these post help anyone? No

Do. These post add anything to the discussion? No

Do these post belong in a thread on lossless music? No

Does someone who is in the music industry contributing to a thread on lossless music is in the wrong? No

Is someone who is calling the above person to leave the forum and the thread is in the wrong? YES

Just because someone can't hear a bad thing about a company justify kicking the other forum member out of the thread or the forum? No

For some reason it is assumed by apple fans that they "own" threads about apple and that it can have only positive things said about apple... You're welcome to start a thread saying.. Apple fanboy club only positive things allowed... If you want such a thread

I believe there can be a separate thread for music production - Apple and non Apple. Will ensure Apple threads don't get bogged down with the same comments, and beginners can learn from you and others.

When I get the music update , will I be able to enjoy lossless and atmos on my iPhone (using lightning to headphone dongle) or on MacBook Pro using Shure SE215 wired earphones ? I still have my old one. I want to check out what's really the difference and how much better it is than normal Apple Music on my airPods pro.
I just posted on this thread because I was excited to see the difference in music quality. I was already perfectly satisfied with Apple Music on AirPods Pro but instead dragged into unnecessary debate about which is better and name calling because of my preference to use certain things.

When I get the music update , will I be able to enjoy lossless and atmos on my iPhone (using lightning to headphone dongle) or on MacBook Pro using Shure SE215 wired earphones ? I still have my old one. I want to check out what's really the difference and how much better it is than normal Apple Music on my airPods pro.
I just posted on this thread because I was excited to see the difference in music quality. I was already perfectly satisfied with Apple Music on AirPods Pro but instead dragged into unnecessary debate about which is better and name calling because of my preference to use certain things.
Look mate, I will be very straight with you .
Of you're comparing with SE215, anything ( lossy/ lossless) and everything will sound thin, treble heavy.
SE215 has no treble, the sound is thick and slow as it's mostly midrange and mid bass.
With your present IEMs you won't hear any difference between lossy and lossless music (unless you're listening to 128kbps MP3 files)
SE215 is not a bad IEM per se, but it's not resolving enough. It was built for a seperate purpose.
If you are really interested in quality audio with your current set up with your present Apple hardware, I am ready to help you.
Please drop the 3 homepod idea. That's a guaranteed disaster. We have all kind of Apple and non Apple smart speakers in our small 2 storied apartment. Except the one in the kitchen, none of the rest are used. The kitchen one is used only because some genius thought it was a good idea to have an old ipad air 2 attached to one of the walls BEHIND who's actually cooking. I'm fully aware of the SQ of Homepod and the self acoustic calibration is a joke. Yes, it's slightly better in SQ compared to similar products but extremely restrictive.
They are not overpriced per se as proper speakers cost way more.
What exactly are you planning to achieve with 3 home pods? What's the size of the room?

Last edited:
Look mate, I will be very straight with you .
Of you're comparing with SE215, anything ( lossy/ lossless) and everything will sound thin, treble heavy.
SE215 has no treble, the sound is thick and slow as it's mostly midrange and mid bass.
With your present IEMs you won't hear any difference between lossy and lossless music (unless you're listening to 128kbps MP3 files)
SE215 is not a bad IEM per se, but it's not resolving enough. It was built for a seperate purpose.
If you are really interested in quality audio with your current set up with your present Apple hardware, I am ready to help you.
Please drop the 3 homepod idea. That's a guaranteed disaster. We have all kind of Apple and non Apple smart speakers in our small 2 storied apartment. Except the one in the kitchen, none of the rest are used. The kitchen one is used only because some genius thought it was a good idea to have an old ipad air 2 attached to one of the walls BEHIND who's actually cooking. I'm fully aware of the SQ of Homepod and the self acoustic calibration is a joke. Yes, it's slightly better in SQ compared to similar products but extremely restrictive.
They are not overpriced per se as proper speakers cost way more.
What exactly are you planning to achieve with 3 home pods? What's the size of the room?

I was joking about the HomePod setup.. I just have one by my bedside to listen to podcasts / music or some sleepcast while trying to sleep because wearing headphone or earphones is not comfortable. I just bought it because of the rave reviews about how great audio quality is by tech you tubers and all my devices are pretty much apple so it would play from all.
Honestly till now I thought Apple Music was the best, I sure would like to try the best out there (best for normal consumers who are not audiophiles and can see the difference ).
Can you suggest me the best music streaming service and 1 headphone or earphone with other needed accessories I can buy and try to get the best music quality out there?
I want it to work on iPhone and MacBook Pro.
Thanks.

Back