Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

Very practical suggestion. Don't go for the lossless thing unless you are using very expensive DAPs with good cans.
With wireless cans, proper 320kbps ( even 192 kbps) MP3 rips from Redbook CDs is adequate.
If you are serious about audio, discover music from streaming services, buy CDs of that music if possible and rip them carefully. Don't torrent them. Most pirated rips sounds really bad ( specially high res ones as they are often upscaled by sub-par encoders) p
However if you can download .iso image files, those are fine)
You can trust me on this, tried over many times ( rutacker is different, they often upload top notch rips)

This is not the case if you download torrents from either RED or Orpheus, Rutracker uploaders just crosspost from these two trackers.
I think most people don't have access to good private trackers like you have mentioned. I myself have tried in the past, but music trackers seem to be the most difficult to get into. Hence, I do my research first (which mastering to download of the specific album) and then download the best available options from rutracker.

I think most people don't have access to good private trackers like you have mentioned. I myself have tried in the past, but music trackers seem to be the most difficult to get into. Hence, I do my research first (which mastering to download of the specific album) and then download the best available options from rutracker.

RED is actually quite easy to get into, they have interviews just like what.cd used to have.
The hardest part is just the waiting on IRC, you just need to join the queue on a weekend when most staff members are active.

Why shying away from giving some actual money to the artists whom music you all enjoy. I am not telling you to start buying CD's in 2021 but if you can appreciate some real Hi-Res content then spending few bucks on services like Qobuz or Apple Music is not a bad deal. So much music is there that is left to be explored.

Why shying away from giving some actual money to the artists whom music you all enjoy. I am not telling you to start buying CD's in 2021 but if you can appreciate some real Hi-Res content then spending few bucks on services like Qobuz or Apple Music is not a bad deal. So much music is there that is left to be explored.
I would love to do that and I do pay for Amazon music as well, but low internet speeds in India and spotty coverage while travelling is the reason why I still prefer to have local music. In fact, even with Amazon Music now and Google Music earlier, I always used to download songs and then listen so that internet issues don't mar my experience.
Also, paying to the middleman does not always ensure fair remuneration to the actual artists. It is actually very similar to how we pay high prices for our food, but the farmers are still poor.

I tried some private trackers years ago...not worth it.
Simple Redbook CD rips are best for most.
No, I don't mind paying for music at all. By paying didn't mean streaming services.

Something HUUUGE is coming to Logic...spatial audio integration. It will be possible to mix in 5.1/7.1 completely within the box without using Waves plug-in.
Waves plugin is decent but of course Logic's native plugin will not kill the CPU and can be used at track level also ( along with send FX)!! Thank you Apple!! It's so hard abandoning you..like the first love..

Is this facility only for iPhones? I installed the app on my android and tried to enrol for the trial but damn thing is stuck after login page.

Also, point of lossless is moot for wireless earphones you say? Damn!
No idea on Android.
As for wireless earphones, its pretty much of no use I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Is it just me or apple still has'nt launched the lossless in India yet. I probably might not have to order a good wired headphones for listening. :headphone:

So much for 'smooth seamless universal standardized premium' experience by apple. It just works :facepalm: :D:p:DWell done!

Now the people repeating the above line blindly for years are running from post ot post trying to experiment with VPN, beta versions, reading wikipedia, hunting on reddit :)

all to just get access to lossless and spatial audio, where there are much better options existing and that actually work. Also the quality of apple's lossless streams are much inferior to other lossless music streams and definitely downloads/cds/vinyls. I am sure while hunting for above people would have read these reviews as well and ignored them as biased :p

Last edited:
So the only solution is to hope lg comes back into mobile or switch to tidal/qubos that is supported by uapp [emoji17]
Slim chance that lg comes back. I didn't know much about LG phones and their dacs so went with the usual samsung phones. Now that I've become aware of their superior dacs they are pulling out of the mobile market. Weird times :|
Also, point of lossless is moot for wireless earphones you say? Damn!
I hope this isn't true. But the way mobile manufacturers are dropping headphone jack from many flagships, will people who want good audio quality have to keep 2 devices, one for high end features(without headphone jack) and other, a decent music player. More and more ewaste :(

Last edited:
Back