Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

The fact that professional sound engineers are jumping ship in an instant (from Tidal/Qobuz to Apple Music) is a testament of how good of a launch this has been from Apple. If Apple can continue what they're doing, we have a winner on our hands.

Also, MQA has become just a buzzword now. Thankfully, now audio product companies will stop charging more for that dedicated MQA label.

Professional engineers!! My ass!! Those are Abyss headphone enginners..boss of DMS.
Audio engineers are guys who work in studios with musicians.
These guys are from completely different field..a bunch of audiophile engineers for Abyss.
Please stop posting absolutely misleading videos and meaningless posts.
What does this even mean "Professional engineers are jumping ship instantly"?

Professional engineers!! My ass!! Those are Abyss headphone enginners..boss of DMS.
These guys are from completely different field..a bunch of audiophile engineers for Abyss.
Tbh when any review says stuff likes jumping ship instantly instead of a nuanced view, no matter who it is from, it sounds like those sauna belt ads which can turn a beer belly to 6 pack in 10 days.

Fwiw though, apple not charging more for the service is definitely a good thing for the consumers.

The fact that professional sound engineers are jumping ship in an instant (from Tidal/Qobuz to Apple Music) is a testament of how good of a launch this has been from Apple. If Apple can continue what they're doing, we have a winner on our hands.

Also, MQA has become just a buzzword now. Thankfully, now audio product companies will stop charging more for that dedicated MQA label.
This is possibly the most misleading post I've ever seen in TE.
Please leave audio engineering alone boss!!
Enjoy your headphones/ IEMs / Apple music or whatever floats your boat.
I have all the respect for Abyss engineers...they make great headphones for sure...lakin mera bhai, yeh log headphone engineers hain...audio engineering is completely different!!

Last edited:
This is possibly the most misleading post I've ever seen in TE.
Please leave audio engineering alone boss!!
Enjoy your headphones/ IEMs / Apple music or whatever floats your boat.
I have all the respect for Abyss engineers...they make great headphones for sure...lakin mera bhai, yeh log headphone engineers hain...audio engineering is completely different!!
I love how you conveniently diss and disregard others take on Apple Music, just because you don't like it.
These guys work for one of the best headphone makers in the world and you compare them to your butt. Just shows how small your mentality is.

These guys design, build & test headphones for a living and saying that they don't know anything about sound is like saying game developers don't know how to play the games that they make.
I really don't know what to say, big boy. In fact, I'm disgusted by how people like you treat industry insiders like that.

In fact, you did the same with Crinnacle previously. Dude helped Moondrop created a better earphone than the original model released by the company itself, and you propagate that he doesn't know anything.

Truly disgusted!

Disclaimer : I am not an Apple hater and actually loved the ecosystem when I had Apple devices earlier - Ipod Touch and the SE. I want to try Apple Music later in the year once its fully rolled out. Again I am not a supporter of MQA. I am only trying to highlight or understand what is actually being stated.

I am not clear when you say that professional sound engineers are jumping ship. Do you mean that the studio recording labels are moving their business to Apple now ? If yes then I would love to see some evidence of that.

I agree that Tidal/MQA marketing did a pretty f#$*ed-up job of defining how MQA works and what "lossless" constitutes for the end consumer and when the consumer understood the reality they felt cheated that its not lossless in the "true sense" and that they simply went with the marketing buzz. But if you try and understand how MQA works then you would realize that its not meant to be just a buzzword. Its a pretty neat way of encoding only the "music" which the consumer will actually hear and then optimizing it for streaming purposes. It also "attempts" to fulfil the requirement of "provenance" to a certain extent. You would probably be aware that you do not even need MQA certified hardware to "listen" to it. Just the Tidal app and your subscription will suffice. I doubt that unless you are purist or have perfect listening you would even be able to make out any difference between the various levels of "decoding". The extra hardware bit is just to enable the purists to listen and also identify with what is the "closest" they could get to in the recording studio. I am tried to keep it simple but in reality what the MQA algorithm does is pretty complex and some reading would definitely help.

Don't really care about your "personal feelings"
Where did I say I don't like Apple music? We earn the highest from Apple music compared to other streaming services.
You said audio engineers...I have utmost respect for all of them at Abyss and know DMS personally ( you can find about it in older posts)
They are mechanical and electrical engineers FYI.
Audio engineering is a completely different thing!!
Not going to discuss audio engineering with you, as everything will go way above your head.
According to your theory cricket bat manufacturers are the best batsmen!!
Ignorance is really a bliss, specially for wannabe audiophiles.
Heard about Axel Grell? I'm sure you haven't. Would you post a video if Grell uploaded something like they did ( never will, as he is too busy)?
Go ahead, ask DMS about audio engineers and headphone engineers.
Thought I know nothing about engineering...but you beat me to it!! Mechanical engineers ko audio engineer bana diya!! What else can be expected from Crinacle fan!!??
Aur koyi example yad nahi aya? You're so heavily into chi-fi, yet couldn't find anything beyond Moondrop which was helped by reviewers!!?? Sad indeed!!
^Now expecting the 'you are a kid and don't know nothing'/ 'I was teaching Hendrix how to jam before you were born'/ 'I know boxing bruh, you wanna fight? Come at me' rant from our resident Kabir Singh.
Oh!! You're that shy guy?? Grew a spine to talk back? Regarding boxing, it requires to stand up straight first.
Audio engineers don't/ can't jump ship easily. And jump from where to where? They just track/ mix/ master audio and upload them to streaming services ( more the merrier) and smaller bands make most money from Apple music.

Last edited:
Nah!! I made the same mistake before (confusing Aindrashis Gupta with an old knowledge member!!) and letmein!! No man!! I would rather reply to the 130 plus medical queries one by one Screenshot_20210621-204334_Opera.png
Seriously, not kidding.
My apologies for wasting time on misleading videos instead of replying to your medical / other queries.
Will reply everyone ASAP.
@letmein etc. instead of trying to embarrass me, please do something meaningful. Have no idea of what you people do in real lives but sincerely hope you guys are doing well.
If you're...please try helping others in this small TE community.

Last edited:
I made 265 EUR last month..it's okay for me as it's just a hobby. But many people I collaborate with are full time musicians..just think about it...streaming is booming..even our music ( with 6 online collaborations) was liked by more than 20 thousand people in a month, yet some amongst us is having difficulties to put food on table.

Link to your work ?

Chinaski, now defunct Tři sestry, Škwor : mixed and mastered some of their music.
The biggest I've worked with
https://www.last.fm/music/Kabát
Small bands mate, very small bands..
Kado la vie ( by Lucie) was partially produced in our small home studio.
These are old bands...now they can't even hire established producers.
BTW, Kabir Singh kaun hain?

Last edited:

I have tried watching their chit-chat show many times but sadly I can't comprehend what are they trying to say or the kind of message they want to convey to their audience. No offence to Abyss fans but these guys remind me of Steve Guttenberg type people of audiophile world where they like just about everything under the sun. I doubt these old farts are even able to hear anything beyond 6k region.

PS: I really want to try their Diana line especially V2 on some fine day.

Basically they are saying that they have a 10000 USD set up for Diana V2 in which Apple music sounds amazing.
DMS works as the product presentation designer or something like that. He also maintains their webpage etc.
It's a completely useless video, uploaded as a joke ( DMS is not an idiot) to mock Apple lossless music.
It's like Axel Grell giving a demo of Apple music with Orpheus.
But you can't argue with Aindrashis here as he doesn't know the difference between engineers. According to his analogy, game developers are the greatest gamers.
https://signaturesound.com/9-great-audio-engineers-you-need-to-follow-and-why/
These are audio engineers!! This simple thing can't penetrate his skull.

Okay so watched the whole video and it's interesting that they didn't even named Qobuz. They are like Tidal sounds shit (to which I whole heartedly agree) and Apple Music is a revelation. Okay but what's the point here, just keep talking for the sake of it. I always fall asleep whenever I try to watch their episode, can't blame them for it.

E9964808-91AC-4FBD-9946-F8C3F8694444.jpg
BA590C0B-F265-403E-94BC-07C6F4B0ECB6.jpg
97592EC0-9C70-4726-9197-C769C50E438A.png

looks like lossless is available now. based on the file size.
dolby atmos is still not available even though the icon shows on the album/song
trick is to add the song/album to your library and then download it.

on the other hand i tried dolby atmos on mac with a different apple id on a different country and i’m disappointed. the sound quality sucks when you enable dolby atmos and there is no immersive feeling too.

however on the iphone with indian apple id spatial audio works on music videos and that sounds much better than it does on the mac with just dolby. i doubt head tracking is the only difference between those two cos the sound quality is way different.

Back