Apple launches 'iPad'

Too bad it doesn't fit in the back pocket. ;)

ipad.jpg

So who's first in line on TE to get his hands on this shiny new baby?

Re: The Apple ipad unveiled :p

Uh Uh....no 3G connectivity mentioned yet....so a big iPod is what it is...till now anyway....let hope for some more!!

They are trying to change how world looks towards netbook.

Though they haven't cleared anything regarding its release date.

I Want iPad!!!

Its finally here guyz,
the definative ebook reader / portable internet browser / portable gaming device / iPhone HD
:clap: :clap:

what do you guys think about it??
Do you think its worth the moolah or is this just for a very very niche market

Specs (released so far)
1/2 inch thin. Just 1.5 pounds
9.7 IPS display
Multitouch
10 hours of battery
Accelerometer, Compass, Speaker, Mic, dock connector
Wifi + 3g

So $499 for 16GB of iPad. That's the base model. 32GB is $599, 64GB is $799. 3G models cost an extra $130. $629, 729, and 829 with 3G.

So far it has been the most pointless device ever. I was saving up to jump for the apple tablet but now I think I will just use it for spring break.

its not so pointless. i mean they still don't have flash, but are you checking out their productivity suites? iWork is supposedly running smoothly on this. maybe it will end up beginning the race for lighter OS on tablets *looks at windows 7*

Alright!! Optional 3G connectivity at affordable prices!!

And it starts at $499 for the 16GB model! not bad Steve uncle.

This is one of those products that hangs in between and is not a good choice for whatever you plan on doing.
Its neither a phone, its not a complete multimedia device, games arent full of eyecandy, cant multitask.
$500 for 16gb + no 3g is a ripoff imo, he just made it sound attractive by going from 1000 to 499 .
Put 500$ more u get a alienware m11x which can run most pc games at good frame rates.
put 500$ more u have a superb desktop at home.
put 200$ less u can browse net + get 160gb hdd space with a bigger screen.
put 300$ less and get a e-reader for ur pdf's
So as u see this doesnt actually fulfill everythin to the max to justify its price tag or existence.
In the end it's just a glorified ipod touch made for rich kids who fall for stuff with no clear purpose.
However if u have $500 to waste this is the perfect thing to buy :p
But i believe the hardware changes + price drops + quality of apps over the years can push this thing in the right direction.

Re: I Want iPad!!!

bennysachdev said:
i think 500bucks is what the iphone sells for.
AND this is double the screen real estate.

LOL try finding a brand new unlocked 3GS for $500.

I'm mildly disappointed with the iPad - no multitasking, no phone calls, no Flash support and the shame of having to wait until July to get the low down on deals with international carriers. That said, I'm probably going to plonk down the moolah for a 32GB WiFi-only iPaaaaad.

I am sure in india ,apple will jack up the prices . Do not expect it to cost any less than 40,000 for the basic model.

updates on iPad
- prices of device range from $499 to $999
- 1GHZ Apple A4 processor chip
-10 hrs battery life
-Wifi+3G(only in the high end models) , bluetooth
- solid state drive
- iphone apps run out of box but with lower resolution
- being positioned as reading device apperant in demo by the number of reader applications shown
- apple launching a store for ebooks on the lines app store.

phoenix844884 said:
its not so pointless. i mean they still don't have flash, but are you checking out their productivity suites? iWork is supposedly running smoothly on this. maybe it will end up beginning the race for lighter OS on tablets *looks at windows 7*

Alright!! Optional 3G connectivity at affordable prices!!

And it starts at $499 for the 16GB model! not bad Steve uncle.

Can you see yourself typing on that keypad? Hold it in landscape and you have to type with one finger. And I already pay $30 for unlimited 3g on my iPhone. Ohhh and guess what? AT&T! I see that you live in Chi-city, so you should know that AT&T have one of the worst networks ever. I can keep up the rant, but after all the hype before the launch, I honestly think this is a piece of pointless novelty device.

sandy453 said:
I am sure in india ,apple will jack up the prices . Do not expect it to cost any less than 40,000 for the basic model.

updates on iPad
- 1GHZ Apple A4 processor chip
-10 hrs battery life
- solid state drive
- being positioned as reading device apperant in demo by the number of reader applications shown
- apple launching a store for ebooks on the lines app store.

$499 to $829

Three memory options, 16, 32 and 64 gigs, and all three have the WiFi or WiFi+3G option.

Comments in-line:
sandy453 said:
updates on iPad
Where'd you get $999. $829 is the cost of the top end model.
3G is available all through the range. Just add $130 for 3G.
Nope, they can be redrawn for a full screen experience.
Well, iWork and the e-mail app are pretty cool, so I'm sure buyers will use it just like a netbook.

@Smith

You are right man. AT&T was the biggest bummer of all. As for the typing, id I can type pretty quick on the iPod Touch, then this should be better, even if slightly.

I am really disappointed about them going to AT&T again. Does this mean that there will be no deals with Verizon at all? Even for the iPhone?

I was excited about the device in general, but the short comings of this "new" device are there for all to see.

No mention about cameras, neither front facing nor back.

AT&T 3G. Sucks.

No multitasking. The whole point of a tablet is lost when they don't put multitasking onto the device.

The operating system is the sole thing that is keeping me interested in this thing.

:( Very very disappointing. I was in the market for a netbook and thought this could replace it. No multitasking, no camera, no access to file system...

Well, my wait for a nice tablet continues. Maybe HP Slate could do better. (But I doubt it)

(I don't like how it looks either, bezel is too thick.)

Back