Apple September Event Thread

I consider the following 5 factors when comparing any phone:

Build Quality
Battery Life
Price
Software with support
Camera

in that order.

I feel for the Price the OnePlus trumps every flagship from HTC to Apple as of now. The only thing left out to watch is Nexus. Heck even Mi4 looks much better now with its 5" screen and MiUi compared to everything. I am just not a fan of its back.

I am sure iPhone 6 Plus is huge with its bezels for normal hands. I mean even the OnePlus feels big on my hands. iPhone 6 Plus is even bigger. And I don't understand the concept of going thinner while compromising battery life. Who the hell wants to brag about thinness when the battery gives up by 6:00 in the evening. Go a few mm thicker and slap in a bigger battery there. Why do you want to maintain the same battery performance of iPhone 5S when people are already complaining about the same.

umm, I still don't get it. What u mean by single brand retail? Isn't Google/Samsung/Apple single brand? I'm sorry if this sound idiotic, I'm n00b at this.

Even in single brand retail only 51% FDI is allowed and even for that the rule is that the company has to procure at least 30% of their resources from small and medium scale industries.
So, no, Samsung and Apple don't own these stores. These are just distributors/retailers at these moment who get preferential treatment because they promise not to sell any other brand at their shop.

One thing that always irritates me is the spec comparisons between a droid and an iPhone. I mean how on earth do you think that the higher specs on droids are giving you better user experience when compared to lower specs in other OS's (talk about IOS or Win8 here)??

Alright, you have high end S5's and M8's. Are they all totally lag free and a smoother experience like the iPhone 5s which is much inferior in specs?? Specs doesnt decide anything. Its what each OS needs and if they are adequate, we should be satisfied by them and check only if we are getting premium experience for the premium we are paying.

PS:: I havent used any iPhones (extensively) and am a regular droid user here (Nexus 5, coming from Note 2). But I for one, do not look for specs but the value that i get for the specs of the phone. I only need a smooth (butter like), elegant, not so heavy and daily usable phone.

PSS:: Cameras and the specs of it are a totally different story and I havent referred to it here

One thing that always irritates me is the spec comparisons between a droid and an iPhone. I mean how on earth do you think that the higher specs on droids are giving you better user experience when compared to lower specs in other OS's (talk about IOS or Win8 here)?

Agreed. Some are fanboys, others.. blind fanboys who compares specs. Though the thing with iPhone is , sure they are making hardware which gives the best performance with the iOS. But that same hardware costs alot less of what Apple charges people for. They are ripping everyone off. That's the thing that bugs me.

Agreed. Some are fanboys, others.. blind fanboys who compares specs. Though the thing with iPhone is , sure they are making hardware which gives the best performance with the iOS. But that same hardware costs alot less of what Apple charges people for. They are ripping everyone off. That's the thing that bugs me.

I agree Apple charges a bomb for the specs they provide, which is unfair. I also believe that specs doesn't matter, what matters is user experience which Apple provides.

But if you are looking for a complete package phone, right now nothing comes close. I look for great User experience, Screen, Audio quality thru head phones, Camera and gaming experience. Apple provides all this. I really like htc m8, hope they improve their camera and release a version with mini size 4.7 may be and m8 specs.

I still feel Apple shud reduce their pricing as there is nothing innovative in this edition of iPhone

Again, the premium they are charging (its indeed a premium and is not completely worth every penny now) for an iPhone is not just for the specs that they are built on but for the features and experience they are offering in the name of an iPhone.

Looking at it as a spec sheet (which is exactly what I am saying is absurd) will only make it even more worthless as you tend to compare the spec sheet with others and their pricing.

One thing that i have learnt over these years of droid experience and IOS is that, iPhones delivers the best in class for what they pomise for a premium and connot be customized as what the user needs (of course). But droids can be customized the way the user wants his phone to look like but compromises on the quality and experience on the eco system understandably because of open platform and lower scrutiny in app development.

^i really dont know what you are classifying as user experience? micro seconds lag??? User experience is not only the microseconds lag... all the features like widgets, notification center, NFC payment system, broken theory of phone size... all were existing in few year old droid phone... If you expect the user to traverse 3 levels of menu to access wifi or network setting is called user experience???

As much as i would like to say pricing is unfair and this and that, the reality is i am actually annoyed/ miffed with myself for not being able to afford the iphone or in other words, annoyed with myself to have not achieved the level of financial prosperity i thought i would in order to be able to afford whatever gadget my heart pleases :p

^i really dont know what you are classifying as user experience? micro seconds lag??? User experience is not only the microseconds lag... all the features like widgets, notification center, NFC payment system, broken theory of phone size... all were existing in few year old droid phone... If you expect the user to traverse 3 levels of menu to access wifi or network setting is called user experience???
Lets talk about the lags, the better (no random force closes) apps, intuitive feel, premium build of the phones, uncluttered and app centric UI.
Oh yeah!! I feel it pinching when my "high spec" droid lags. After all I paid my hard earned money for the high end device (30k/50k) and I expect it to work the supreme way.

So you mean to say you are ok with the lag that u have on the high specs you are boasting about?

As much as i would like to say pricing is unfair and this and that, the reality is i am actually annoyed/ miffed with myself for not being able to afford the iphone or in other words, annoyed with myself to have not achieved the level of financial prosperity i thought i would in order to be able to afford whatever gadget my heart pleases :p
This sums it up for me as an average earning Indian who has a high spec mobile that still lags but is convinced for the fact that iPhone doesnt have the specs that my phone does LOL :)

10698416_10205085564725081_5354656295531032507_n.jpg

Lets talk about the lags, the better (no random force closes) apps, intuitive feel, premium build of the phones, uncluttered and app centric UI.
Oh yeah!! I feel it pinching when my "high spec" droid lags. After all I paid my hard earned money for the high end device (30k/50k) and I expect it to work the supreme way.

So you mean to say you are ok with the lag that u have on the high specs you are boasting about?
As i said, you are talking something without having any experience of so called high specd and the iphone... I'm giving the facts based on my experience in the iphone 5, s4+ and Lumia 1020... please read my post once again. Random force closes.. in which century you are? oh.. intuitive feel? Have you used iOS dialer? it doesn't even have the basic T9 prediction... And you are talking about intuitive..how great it is :)

I think Apple could have done something different when it comes to pricing. They themselves created 2 price points last year with 5c and 5s. So they could very easily have launched the 6 as successor to 5c and 6+ as successor to 5s.
Also no one is talking about the iPhone's specs or it's great implementation. We are talking about features like NFC and a bigger screen and bigger internal memory which has been available and even Apple could have given 2 years ago. Yes they charge a premium for better cohesiveness and the environment but they can very easily have done this 2 years ago as well, if they cared a little more about innovation and stopped milking their customers.
And if you also want to talk about better apps (no FC) you should also take into account the disadvantages of their closed ecosystem which doesn't even let on choose default apps for specific actions.
That comparison is not about specs but about showing that Apple have lost the ball when it comes to innovating. They still might provide a better user experience for most people, but as more people start using their phones more extensively, they start feeling choked by the limitations and eventually move to Android, which most definitely has it's own share of issues.

I am going for iphone plus. But no fricking way going to stand on the line. Will take my sweet week or 2 after it is released.

The biggest selling point to me is the 128GB model. This means I can sell my ipod touch finally. :) and have 1 device. :D

Back