Graphic Cards Are you guys using your GPUs to mine?

@sehajjn how to get ethereum address ?
Don't know if you've found an answer to this.

You don't get an ethereum address. Instead, you setup a wallet and then get a wallet address to receive your eth. Few recommended wallets are - Exodus, Metamask, Argent etc.

Then you enter this address into your miner .bat file. Another thing you need is a pool address. You can choose a pool from any of the given on this site - https://miningpoolstats.stream/ethereum
Then visit their site and find the server address closest to you for eg. asia1.ethermine.org and Port: 4444 on Ethermine pool.

Don't know if you've found an answer to this.

You don't get an ethereum address. Instead, you setup a wallet and then get a wallet address to receive your eth. Few recommended wallets are - Exodus, Metamask, Argent etc.

Then you enter this address into your miner .bat file. Another thing you need is a pool address. You can choose a pool from any of the given on this site - https://miningpoolstats.stream/ethereum
Then visit their site and find the server address closest to you for eg. asia1.ethermine.org and Port: 4444 on Ethermine pool.
yep got help from @sehajjn :)

Saw the biggest dip today in BTC since last 4 months. GPU prices are also coming down.
yep see the official price for 3080Ti now in india :p

just 1.7 lacs instead of 1.22 lacs. and for 3070ti 53k only ;)

1624378597209.png

1624378666337.png

Serious question, no sarcasm.

How is crypto mining profitability looking right now? What's the turnover time for costs? Last I read it was 90-100 days, at the peak of eth prices.
What's the current situation like?

I am assuming most miners would have recovered their costs by now and just waiting to dump stock if crypto prices fall too low. Would like know other people thoughts.

How is crypto mining profitability looking right now? What's the turnover time for costs? Last I read it was 90-100 days, at the peak of eth prices.

I am assuming most miners would have recovered their costs by now and just waiting to dump stock if crypto prices fall too low. Would like know other people thoughts.
Current situation is not good but still you should be able to make some-profit though.

Not good, prices tanked today again and expected to go lower soon. Thing is miners gonna mine even if the price tanks, the price recovery from the last major dump of 2017 has given most of them the idea that the prices go up eventually even if it takes a few years. People mining ETH will continue to do so until it moves to POS, then they'll probably move onto some other sh*tcoin.

If you see the professional or long term miners; it doesn't matter to them - they already have rigs and having recovered the cost of their hardware it hardly matters - plus anytime they can sell the cards/hardware.

Most vulnerable are the ones who jumped the bandwagon looking at profits and have just started. If the all news and predictions go as they deemed conveyed about - we will see the vulnerable group jumping out and trying to reduce the profit, in that situation I see people like us will get benefit. Otherwise for professional miners it is still opportunity to go further. You can still see the miners buying the new cards at current prices.

Back