Graphic Cards Are you guys using your GPUs to mine?

Too bad I don't have desktop anymore. What would be good profitable new desktop config strictly for mining only?
If you already have a GPU then it's profitable. With the current GPU prices and EIP-1559 expected to roll out mid-july which might bring down mining profits by 20%, I don't think setting up a mining rig now would be a wise idea.

Just to try, I installed nicehash in my laptop and selected several plugins. I have a AMD laptop with some Radeon Vega something GPU. I got a dismal earning capacity of 0.05 USD per day. Ran for an hour to see if the Stats change and it didn't so just shut it off.

Just to try, I installed nicehash in my laptop and selected several plugins. I have a AMD laptop with some Radeon Vega something GPU. I got a dismal earning capacity of 0.05 USD per day. Ran for an hour to see if the Stats change and it didn't so just shut it off.
Don't run it on a laptop. Its very power hungry and produces a lot of heat which a laptop cannot dissipate. Temps will easily cross 100C.

I tried it too on my Ryzen 4500u laptop. :p

My laptop with gtx 1050 can generate 100 per day based on current profits. But mining will it wear it very fast, so didn't bother.
don't take that risk, even I have 1060 3gb for my desktop so can mine some coin other than ETH BUT NO... I don't want to risk it :D

If you already have a GPU then it's profitable. With the current GPU prices and EIP-1559 expected to roll out mid-july which might bring down mining profits by 20%, I don't think setting up a mining rig now would be a wise idea.
I have a laptop with NVIDIA Quadro T2000 4GB available at my disposal which I am thinking to try. Is there any way to do GPU-based mining inside VM with GPU pass-through or docker?

Ethereum and Bitcoin fell around 10% yesterday, but Nicehash's profit calculator still shows the same amount. Anyone know how this works?

Ethereum and Bitcoin fell around 10% yesterday, but Nicehash's profit calculator still shows the same amount. Anyone know how this works?
Still a lot of transactions happening on ETH ig. The bitcoin amount I receive is the same but value in Euros is definitely fluctuating.

I've switched to T-Rex miner and linked my WazirX ETH wallet directly. Is that okay ?

Also I'm using ethermine pool, and I'm seeing that the minimum payout is 0.1 ETH which would take me prolly 2 months to reach :hungover: . Are there any other pools which have better/more efficient payout rates ?

I've switched to T-Rex miner and linked my WazirX ETH wallet directly. Is that okay ?
Nope, don't use your exchange wallet address to mine as the address allotted to you may change, and as a result you might lose all your eth. Better to mine on an external wallet (personally I use Exodus) and then transfer it to exchange for withdrawal)

Nope, don't use your exchange wallet address to mine as the address allotted to you may change, and as a result you might lose all your eth. Better to mine on an external wallet (personally I use Exodus) and then transfer it to exchange for withdrawal)
Damn :(. I've started mining on the Wazir Wallet address. Is it okay to change the address midway ? Will I lose the currently mined amount ?

Damn :(. I've started mining on the Wazir Wallet address. Is it okay to change the address midway ? Will I lose the currently mined amount ?
Yep, you will but if it's a small amount then just take it as cost of learning and move on - better to lose something like 0.0008 eth than mine for 2 months, reach the 0.1eth and then find out that your wazirx wallet address is not the same. I have 0.0005 eth or something on quite a few wallets because I wasn't decided on which one to sue when starting out lol.

RIP my 0.002 ETH

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

Back