Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

bajaj151 said:
After flashing to DD WRT....Power LED is OFF even when Router is ON.

Is there any problem with Router or firmware ??

This happens here too. Its ok.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

allrounder799 said:
I am little new to flashing the router with custom firmwares, so I had the following query in mind

some days back I flashed my asus rt-n10 with DD-WRT, but was overwhelmed by the options and got completely lost

So I re-flashed it with asus stock firmware again

Now after this I think DD-WRT is offering options way beyond my usage so now I am trying some other firmwares, mainly tomato

Now my main question is: Which should I usE Tomato or DD-WRT?

I want more options for configuring QoS, Firewall, Port forwarding and triggering and domain name setup

Does Tomato offer such features or should I stick with DD-WRT?

Go with DD WRT. Makes sense too. Plus gr8 community too.

The modded firmware used to restart the router randomly .. this direct FS method has no such issues .. no READ ONLY bugs ... been running over 30hrs now :) . Really good alternative for offline File-System management :). Running r16994 with Direct FS method .

deathgoddg said:
Just tested it ... DD-WRT works with Reliance Netconnet broadband + [Huawei EC150]... works good shared the net on laptop and mobile simultaneously :) and speed were 300kBps north :)

Anyone has any idea , if DD-WRT will work with tata photon plus (Huawei EC 152) usb modem ? I have ASUS RT-N13U Rev B1 model (firmware - 2.0.2.0)
If yes, then i will also do the DD-WRT setup.

Thanks.

Sorry could not get back to you on chat as i was down with fever , are you doing a dd for inbuilt fs support ?

Shalini_mahajan said:
Anyone has any idea , if DD-WRT will work with tata photon plus (Huawei EC 152) usb modem ? I have ASUS RT-N13U Rev B1 model (firmware - 2.0.2.0)

If yes, then i will also do the DD-WRT setup.

Thanks.

No idea . I tested what I had in my home . And am pretty sure DD-WRT has more linux drivers inbuilt than stock F/W . But still cant be 100% sure. DD-WRT has the support for almost all major manufactures and models .

dinjo said:
Sorry could not get back to you on chat as i was down with fever , are you doing a dd for inbuilt fs support ?

Yes , I repartitioned Optware and dd the fs.zip onto the small partition and its working great :) . Just need a small change in your startup script , in the part where source of zip is extracted :) .

Its a pain since the last time i saw it was poorly documented and if you dont have linux installed it makes the job even much more difficult , did you do it via Gpart ?

you just need a terminal with dd support .. i think gpart ISO will have that... anyway i have a ubuntu dual boot :) i used that .

Ok gparted never worked since wget do not work , I'm trying to come with a easier method to do so.

Hi, I just bought this router and using Asus firmware right now. I found my speed is not coming right it's round about 1.50 Mbps but whenever I connect plug the cable into my laptop I get more than 2 Mbps. Why this happing ? Sorry I'm new in this caterory be nice.:D

dinjo
all this seemed too interesting so i went and got myself a rt-n13u b1 router off ebay. absolute n00b with dd-wrt and havent touched linux before. dont kw a line of code either.
ill be using the router to download to my external HDD and setup wifi

the guide in the first page will do right? word by word...?

anu0512 said:
Hi, I just bought this router and using Asus firmware right now. I found my speed is not coming right it's round about 1.50 Mbps but whenever I connect plug the cable into my laptop I get more than 2 Mbps. Why this happing ? Sorry I'm new in this caterory be nice.:D

Its a extremely low power CPU and you have to do port forwarding as well from router the speed i get from Transmission is almost equal if not the same.

@winXPHE

Yes.

dinjo said:
Its a extremely low power CPU and you have to do port forwarding as well from router the speed i get from Transmission is almost equal if not the same.

So first I have to flash with custom firmware then do the port forwarding right.

hey how do you get scheduling to work in transmission. for those with night unlimited plans?

google got me this

For different times / days, you could just create entries in your crontab to start / stop the transmission-deamon at certain times.

00 02 * * MON service transmission-daemon start

00 07 * * MON service transmission-daemon stop

00 03 * * TUE service transmission-daemon start

00 07 * * TUE service transmission-daemon stop

My solution to this is this Python script:

http://gist.github.com/642874

1. Make sure you have installed transmission-remote

2. Enable web client in Transmission (allow only for 127.0.0.1, do not use authentication)

30 2 * * * path_to_script/torrentcontrol start

0 8 * * * path_to_script/torrentcontrol stop

In addition to that your could also schedule it to connect at a specific time.

I wrote a shell script with a simple graphical user interface to help with that. Check it out at https://launchpad.net/autoconnect

care to simplify and put it in the guide. in the settings.json or wherever it goes

---------------------------------

have a problem. i flash with dd-wrt and wan ip shows. i edit wan settings to ppoe, enter my Username and password of ISP. and DNS1 and DNS2 and save settings and then wan ip becomes 0.0.0.0

what should i do. i tried reflashing several times. hard reboot, the 30/30/30 reboot

there is no ip conflict as i set the router ip to 192.168.2.1 and modem ip is 192.168.1.1

the wan ip goes out as soon as i save settings for ppoe. pls help

Back