Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Hi,

I've been considering using dd-wrt instead of asus fw. However, I don't have time to use the advanced features now. Will try those later. Does dd-wrt work properly out of the box as a router for sharing Internet connection.

Reason for going for it is that I can't access YouTube when I connect via router but, can access it properly when I connect directly from pc.

Yes, it does. IMO DD WRT is better even for those wanting to use basic features only as it does not need to restart for simple changes.

^Got one for 2.5k. I am planning to flash with DDWRT. Can you suggest me a good doc? As far as I know its work in progress and hence looking for a recommendation.

linuxtechie said:
^Got one for 2.5k. I am planning to flash with DDWRT. Can you suggest me a good doc? As far as I know its work in progress and hence looking for a recommendation.

Its on the first page itself

How to copy INCOMPLETE torrent from one hdd to other hdd and resume the download ??
It's 80% complete....when I copy this file to other hdd....it starts from 10%

Is the folder location correct ? That could be the 80% chances of that not being incorrect and 20% do a force hash check.

I copied the file from DISK 1 (using for downloads) to HDD (computer).....then paste the file from HDD to DISK 2 (New disk for downloads..)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ubergeek said:
you mean this on rite?
Flipkart: Asus RT-N13U: Router

how is the price and also is flashing the modem with ddwrt is hard? will i by any chance void the warranty during the process?
If you are comfortable with HOMESHOP18......they have same router at 2500 (after applying coupon)

Asus RT-N13U Wireless N Router Print Server . Buy Best Asus RT-N13U Wireless N Router Print Server at Lowest Price Online

- Flashing the modem is very easy (You just have to follow guide provided by dinjo sir)
- Make a backup of firmware that comes with router and do the flashing very carefully.Its easy but you have to be careful

bajaj151 said:
I copied the file from DISK 1 (using for downloads) to HDD (computer).....then paste the file from HDD to DISK 2 (New disk for downloads..)

Did you provided same path when you loaded the torrent on your pc ?

@ubergeek

Though flashing voids warranty you can always revert back to original firmware thus warranty remains intact

Back