Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

I have made almost everything to work but cannot get Transmission to auto-start whenever I boot/restart my router. I double checked the file entry in init.d but it just does not start unless I enter the start command manually.

@ramkrsn

Thanks
<

-------------------------------------------------

@dinjo

Thanks
<

Changed it to 500MB..Should I extend more ?

@dinjo

hav been using ASUS RTN 13U B1 with DDWRT for downloading Torrents as per your Guide but after restoring device to factory defaults settings the device fails to mount USB pendrive (enabled USB service ,automount and /opt options in services USB) ,checked with PUTTY .Im stuck at this point ,plz help me to enable USB mount and installing optware.

@ReVo_007

Successfully made Transmission to work !!!

As Mount <acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym> by download method did not work for i tried mount <acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym> by direct access method.

Followed as per " http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U " but i created 3 patitions 1st opt 2nd mnt and third lowest size (1mb) left Unformatted , later formated and Block transfered the driver file located temporarily in the 1st partition into the 3rd partition for direct access.

My startup script:

mkdir /tmp/etc/config

sleep 15

echo "cd /tmp/var/tmp"

echo "tar -zxvf /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

sh /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd

sleep 60

echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 50000 -j logaccept

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Installed optware and transmission as per first page ..........Transmission working fine for me.

I feel mount <acronym title='For Sale'>FS</acronym> by direct access method is more reliable ,

Using stable firmware r16994

yeah this will work very good on that firmware
<
the new v18777 has a few differences ....but am glad all is working good fr you

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

yeah this will work very good on that firmware
happy19.gif
the new v18777 has a few differences ....but am glad all is working good fr you

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

i have v17027 installed,

where can i get the latest version ?

and what are the differences ?

and i want to limit the network bandwidth (to say 50 KB/s) for some of my clients, how can i do that ?

thanks

i have v17027 installed,

where can i get the latest version ?

and what are the differences ?

and i want to limit the network bandwidth (to say 50 KB/s) for some of my clients, how can i do that ?

thanks

differences include the ext3 module being loaded in deafult fw and vsftp so far not working. Other than that v18777 seemed stable . My WAN port died yesterday so no router for now .

differences include the ext3 module being loaded in deafult fw and vsftp so far not working. Other than that v18777 seemed stable . My WAN port died yesterday so no router for now .
can you give me a link where i can download the latest version ?

thx

can you give me a link where i can download the latest version ?

thx

DD-WRT v18777

here you go.

Code:
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt

this is the difference in mount point and you have to use proftpd instead of vsftp
sad.gif
. Apart from that every thing is same as the older firmware
happy19.gif

for reference my start up script is [transmission works on port 50000 for me]

Code:
sleep 5

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt

sleep 30

@bajaj151

Use stable firmware r16994

Mount <acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym> by direct access method (download method has its own disadvantages)

Created 3 patitions 1st opt 2nd mnt and third lowest size (1mb) left Unformatted , later formated and Block transfer the driver file located temporarily in the 1st partition into the 3rd partition for direct access (Do it with Terminal as root user , UBUNTU LIVE CD required)

start up script:

mkdir /tmp/etc/config

sleep 15

echo "cd /tmp/var/tmp"

echo "tar -zxvf /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

sh /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>FS</acronym>.wanup

sleep 60

and follow other steps as per first page ,thats all Transmission will work and resume even after power break down!!!

Prob. solved...
happy19.gif

Startup Script used :

EXT3="YES";EXT3P="part1";EXT32="YES";EXT3P2="part2";mkdir /tmp/etc/config

echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

if [ "$EXT3" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup; fi

if [ "$EXT32" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup; fi

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P -o noatime,nodiratime /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P2 -o noatime,nodiratime /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/<acronym title='For Sale' class='bbc ipSeoAcronym'>fs</acronym>.wanup

1) Why port is closed ?

2) How to resume downloads after router restarts ?

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Asus RT-N13U in a couple of days.

Before buying that, i just gone through this topic for dd-wrt install.

I can able to understand upto the flashing of dd-wrt after that i did not understand linux parts like how to mount the harddisc?, how to install transmission? etc

I am noob in linux. is it easy to do all these stuffs? and if brick my router is it possible to get it repaired either by Asus?

Also what is the best price to get these router now.

Hi All,

I can able to understand upto the flashing of dd-wrt after that i did not understand linux parts like how to mount the harddisc?, how to install transmission? etc

I am noob in linux. is it easy to do all these stuffs? and if brick my router is it possible to get it repaired either by Asus?

You'll start understanding the commands once you get your router. It happened to me as well. I dint at all understood those commands at first. But when you get your router, you'll automatically learn it.

Regarding the price: Its about 3K+ on FK. You may get it for less locally.

Hi All,

I bought it locally for 2.7k about 6-8months ago. And as for the Linux part you will learn them slowly , and you might not even have to learn them if you use it as a seedbox . Just following the guide and pasting the commands at right places will help you build the whole setup with good stability.

Back