Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

well AFAIK the router are not biased :p people here only have used it with BSNL setups .. I didnt ever so sorry but someone here has used similar setup they will come to help am sure.

Setup proper port forwards. DMZ is not to be used in these circumstances if you want to access ADSL WAN page also.

Say, use port 80 for ADSL, port 81 for N13. 9091 is for transmission, 23 for SSH, 22 for telnet etc...

You will first need to set these up in ADSL port forward, and send them to N13, then repeat same with N13 with actual IPs if there are any.

thank you , configured NAT -- Virtual Servers

Now i am able to access
TPLink ADSL router page from net
Asus N13ub1 Page
and
Transmisssion
FTP
Putty
myWebsite
rdp(not tested)

Nope, Just downloaded r24461 yesterday.

How is it ?transmissison and putty working fine ? and bugs? [i am still on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/29/14) std(SVN revision 23838]

NAT.png

Last edited:
well AFAIK the router are not biased :p people here only have used it with BSNL setups .. I didnt ever so sorry but someone here has used similar setup they will come to help am sure.
thanq, neone here with bsnl setup plz, help me to configure my bsnl modem to work with this router for internet access.

thanq, neone here with bsnl setup plz, help me to configure my bsnl modem to work with this router for internet access.
I assume ur ADSL modem have default settings
so IP is 192.168.1.1

a) configure PC IP as 192.168.1.2

1) Now connect your PC to Asus router and configure as follow's
image.png

Now change PC's IP address back to auto

How is it ?transmissison and putty working fine ? and bugs? [i am still on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/29/14) std(SVN revision 23838]
Putty worked fine, couldn't test transmission or anything else. My WAN port is dead, was trying different builds to see if it works on any other build or if the substitution of LAN port for WAN port works. It doesn't and I don't have enough experience to experiment on it more. So finally got a RT-N10E(without USB), now the fight is to configure the N13U as WiFi repeater and hope transmission works with that.

side note: N10E range is really good, now I get about 35-40% signal at the farthest corner of my house; where previously with the N13U(with increased transmitting power) I couldn't catch any signal.

Putty worked fine, couldn't test transmission or anything else. My WAN port is dead, was trying different builds to see if it works on any other build or if the substitution of LAN port for WAN port works. It doesn't and I don't have enough experience to experiment on it more. So finally got a RT-N10E(without USB), now the fight is to configure the N13U as WiFi repeater and hope transmission works with that.

side note: N10E range is really good, now I get about 35-40% signal at the farthest corner of my house; where previously with the N13U(with increased transmitting power) I couldn't catch any signal.

Internal vs External - External will always be better, especially with the 3dBi internal of the N13 vs the 5dBi external of the N10.

Why not try the N13 as an AP. And keep the WiFi off by using the scheduled settings?

Internal vs External - External will always be better, especially with the 3dBi internal of the N13 vs the 5dBi external of the N10.

Why not try the N13 as an AP. And keep the WiFi off by using the scheduled settings?
As an AP? I am trying to set it up as a repeater to the N10E which is connected to the ISP. What I want to do is have the N10E host the WiFi SSID, then have the N13U in another room set up to extend the range of the WiFi + run transmission 24/7. Should I be setting up the N13U as AP or Repeater? I am confused now.

Can I setup N13U for WDS. I know it can be set as repeater but SSID has to be different. The other unit I have is Asus DSl-N10E connected to MTNL.

As an AP? I am trying to set it up as a repeater to the N10E which is connected to the ISP. What I want to do is have the N10E host the WiFi SSID, then have the N13U in another room set up to extend the range of the WiFi + run transmission 24/7. Should I be setting up the N13U as AP or Repeater? I am confused now.

Its up to you. The reason I mentioned AP is for keeping the N13 wired. If you can do it on repeater mode - then that's great.

Its up to you. The reason I mentioned AP is for keeping the N13 wired. If you can do it on repeater mode - then that's great.
I dont know if wired would work, because the WAN port is dead, so I am left with only the LAN ports. If I connect one of the LAN ports on the N10E with one on the N13U, will that give internet access to transmission? I am not so sure about that; not a networking expert, but I think the LAN ports are basically a switch and hence not bridged.

Did look up the repeater mode settings and would give it a try today. My primary concern is that Transmission should work.

I dont know if wired would work, because the WAN port is dead, so I am left with only the LAN ports. If I connect one of the LAN ports on the N10E with one on the N13U, will that give internet access to transmission? I am not so sure about that; not a networking expert, but I think the LAN ports are basically a switch and hence not bridged.

Did look up the repeater mode settings and would give it a try today. My primary concern is that Transmission should work.

AP mode works with LAN ports only. If you want the WAN port to be used - you need to make it into a LAN port.

Why were you not able to make another LAN port to the WAN port?

Hello Friends.

Facing a problem with my N13U-B1(r23838) for the last 3-4 days, the WAN port wont connect. Even when I connect a cable directly from the WAN port to my laptop or PC, the WAN light doesnt come on. The technician from my ISP says that the WAN port is faulty and the same cable coming from my ISPs switch when connected directly to Laptop/PC works fine.

So I was looking at the port assignment help on the DD-WRT page but this doesnt seem to work. Everytime I enter the commands via telnet and try to commit the NVRAM, I get an error saying "Deadlock detected, fix it first". I wanted to know if anyone has tried this here, I am trying to assign the port 4 to WAN vlan and connect to internet through that(using PPPOE).

nvram show | grep vlan.*ports does show the ports 0 4 5 assigned to vlan1 but when I connect the cable from the ISP to the port 4, PPPOE doesnt connect and a bunch of MAC addresses show up in the LAN page as connected clients.

I am not done experimenting here, already flashed different builds(23919 and fresh 23838) to see if that helps. Alternately I am looking for a replacement for the router with some WiFi router having RJ45 WAN + 1/2 LAN ports + USB support to run transmission. I think I could still use the N13U as a WiFi repeater to improve coverage. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

AP mode works with LAN ports only. If you want the WAN port to be used - you need to make it into a LAN port.

Why were you not able to make another LAN port to the WAN port?
That is the question. I am quoting my previous message about the issue I had with substituting a LAN port for the WAN port. Thats the reason I bought the N10E, so that I can use it to connect to the ISP using PPPOE.

That is the question. I am quoting my previous message about the issue I had with substituting a LAN port for the WAN port. Thats the reason I bought the N10E, so that I can use it to connect to the ISP using PPPOE.

Sorry - I just remembered that Ralink devices do not support VLANs on DD WRT. Without this, you cannot convert a LAN port to WAN.

Did Fresh (SVN revision 24461) install Everything working fine , transmission auto statup , Pyload Downloader,web Access of Router page, DD-WRT , Transmission,Pyload,Website etc

Last edited:
Back