Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

@suryansh.gupta

Yes,

Check the 1st page of this post & Follow awesome tutorial made by OP.

Use DD WRT & download torrents super smooth.

thanks for guide , I installed successfully but got stuck on a weird problem :( I'm using my asus router in repeater mode with my other adsl+modem router. the problem is my mtnl's modem has an option of mac filtering. but when I enable that option my asus router doesn't connect, it only manage to connect when I disable MAC FILTERING option in my mtnl router+modem, I checked asus router's mac address and put all the mac address in mac filter option of mtnl router.
still I'm not able to connect. Is mac address of asus router is different what it showing on dd-wrt ?

please help me out guys :)

Current version of dd wrt for B1 model has issues running in repeater mode,have created a ticket for the developers for it

Hi leomax,

Thanks for your reply. Can you help me setup dd-wrt with Beetel 450BX1 and RT-N13U? How can I have 2 different networks - 1 with Beetel Router and other with Asus?

Thanks

Hi dinjo,

Thanks for posting the guide. However I am facing a issue trying to get the basic folder structure of Transmission.

When I try to enter below code in putty, I get "Permission Denied"

"With the command above you get the basic folder structure of:
Code:
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json  #file
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/stats.json       #file
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/blocklists 
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/resume          
/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Refer the guide again you do not need to run the commands

The below command would start transmissions and create the respective folders, its just for checking that the folder structure was created

Code:
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

killall transmission-daemon

If you still getting errors of permission denied while running transmission give the output of following commands

Code:
dmesg

mount

ls -lR /mnt/data/torrents/.config

You might have mounted the drive in readonly mode.

Thanks dinjo it worked. However, when i upload torrent to transmission to web client it fails after sometime. Dont know why?

Also I tried using Transmission Remote Gui, but while trying to setup connection it says "Host Not Found". Can you help me with these issues as well?

Thanks again for all that you are helping. Very much appreciated...

dinjo said:
Refer the guide again you do not need to run the commands

The below command would start transmissions and create the respective folders, its just for checking that the folder structure was created

Code:
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon
killall transmission-daemon

If you still getting errors of permission denied while running transmission give the output of following commands

Code:
dmesg
mount
ls -lR /mnt/data/torrents/.config

You might have mounted the drive in readonly mode.

G0t0hellb4me said:
Hi leomax,

Thanks for your reply. Can you help me setup dd-wrt with Beetel 450BX1 and RT-N13U? How can I have 2 different networks - 1 with Beetel Router and other with Asus?

Thanks
I presume your beetel has 192.168.x.x network,so change the rt-n13u ip range to either 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x .

That is,In the rtn13u , go to LAN > Lan IP , change the ip pool ('IP Address' field) to say 10.0.0.1.

Now clients of rtn13u will have 10.0.0.x ip address,everything should be functional now.

Also make sure your DMZ in the beetel is forwarded to the rtn13u to avoid any port forward issues. (192.168.1.2 if you haven't changed anything)

@leomax

your beetel has 192.168.x.x network,so change the rt-n13u ip range to either 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x .

Can you pls tell why is it required ?

As i remember rtn13u has default ip range in 192.168.x.x range,which will cause ip conflict with beetel and wouldn't be able to route to wan.

So in order to avoid this and to keep things simple i asked you to change the ip range,so it easy to keep track of things. (LAN =10.x WAN =192.168.x).

You could very well do the other way also or even keep the same 192.168. range in both.In case if you want to reconfigure,troubleshoot after this,you would get confused by seeing both are similar range. hence i asked you to keep separate ip pools.

@leomax,

Thanks so much for your help :)

Kindly help me with 1 more question please.... How do I access the downloaded torrent files form my Windows PC? How can I save the files on my desktop?

Thanks again :)

@dinjo - Thanks :)

I am able to see all my downloads through ftp...

But with samba, I am only able to see 2 folders - dlq and www. I dont see any other folder than these 2.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

G0t0hellb4me said:
@dinjo - Thanks :)

I am able to see all my downloads through ftp...
But with samba, I am only able to see 2 folders - dlq and www. I dont see any other folder than these 2.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
vsftp is enabled by default did you moved to proper directory i wont recommend samba...

@arun687 - that worked. Thanks :)

@dinjo can you please detail more on the that. I didn't understand it properly....However after enabling samba, I am able to see the other partition as well.

Also, when I am downloading torrent, I get an error after sometime "Error: No space left on device (/opt/data/torrents/****(torrent name)).

I am using a 60 GB hdd with 2 ext3 partitions: 1st ext3 1024MB mounted on /opt, 2nd rest of the drive as ext3 mounted on /mnt.

Can you please help?

Give me the output for

Code:
mount

Code:
ps

then whatever is the output of ps check for something like this in ps outout

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.c

Essentially i need to know which transmission settings file are you using , so on which partition is the config file located show me the output using

Code:
cat /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep download

your config file might me on /mnt so ps tells where is located

For file transfer issue

Download Filezilla enter I.P of router and username as root and passwd of your router page, vsftp is part of optware package which we installed and once ftp'ed it gets started on its own so no manual starting of services this is preferred over Samba since samba is over resource hog process.

Hi dinjo,

Please see below the outputs of various steps....
did not find anything like this (/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.c) in ps output.....

dinjo said:
Give me the output for

Code:
mount

root@DD-WRT:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)
/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)
root@DD-WRT:~#

Code:
ps

root@DD-WRT:~# ps
PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1180 S /sbin/init noinitrd
2 root 0 SW< [kthreadd]
3 root 0 SW< [ksoftirqd/0]
4 root 0 SW< [events/0]
5 root 0 SW< [khelper]
48 root 0 SW< [kblockd/0]
60 root 0 SW< [khubd]
77 root 0 SW [pdflush]
78 root 0 SW [pdflush]
79 root 0 SW< [kswapd0]
80 root 0 SW< [aio/0]
670 root 0 SW< [scsi_tgtd/0]
676 root 0 SW< [mtdblockd]
689 root 0 SW< [dwc_otg]
709 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_0]
710 root 0 SW< [usb-storage]
849 root 1320 S resetbutton
939 root 0 SW [RtmpCmdQTask]
979 root 1116 S telnetd
996 root 728 S dnsmasq --conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.conf
1062 root 1252 S ttraff
1239 root 4928 S /usr/sbin/smbd -D --configfile=/tmp/smb.conf
1417 root 1772 S httpd -p 80
1501 root 1248 S process_monitor
1512 root 628 S cron
1665 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
1667 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
1821 root 1748 S /opt/bin/httpd -p 8080 -h /opt/share/www
1826 root 1456 S /opt/sbin/xinetd
1830 root 2344 S nmbd
1857 root 628 S udhcpc -i vlan2 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
1876 root 4628 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
1878 root 4628 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
1879 root 4628 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
1880 root 4628 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
1881 root 4628 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon
1882 root 1132 S -sh
1920 root 1116 R ps

then whatever is the output of ps check for something like this in ps outout

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.c

Essentially i need to know which transmission settings file are you using , so on which partition is the config file located show me the output using

Code:
cat /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep download

root@DD-WRT:~# cat /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep download
"download-dir": "/opt/data/torrents",
"download-limit": 100,
"download-limit-enabled": 1,
your config file might me on /mnt so ps tells where is located
For file transfer issue

Download Filezilla enter I.P of router and username as root and passwd of your router page, vsftp is part of optware package which we installed and once ftp'ed it gets started on its own so no manual starting of services this is preferred over Samba since samba is over resource hog process.

Back