Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Seriously i dont have any spare time to sort this , you have to do it on your own.

Thanks
hey what happened atleast tellme...
that ext2 is not a problem i was using this script on my pen drive too...

sry if i said anything bad :'(

i have mounted opt as ext3 by using
Code:
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /opt
it still doesnt help :(

Hi

I have installed the latest version (20675) of DD-WRT on my ASUS RT-n13U B1 router.

I formatted my external hard disk 80 GB into Ext3 partition (single partition) and connected it to the router.

I installed Optware on the drive and then installed Transmission (version 2.77-1).

I edited the settings.json file and it has:

"rpc-port": 9091,
"rpc-url": "/transmission/",
"rpc-username": "",
"rpc-whitelist": "192.168.1.*",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": true,

I am able to start transmission using PuTTy. When I try to access the page at http://192.168.1.1:9091, I get an error -

"403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it."

At times, the page does come up. I add a single torrent and after 5 minutes, the Transmission page shows an error. It appears that the process stopped (or rather was killed) because of memory issues.

I have added only 1 torrent in Transmission and the output of the command dmesg is:

<3>Out of memory: Kill process 488 (transmission-da) score 94 or sacrifice child
<3>Killed process 488 (transmission-da) total-vm:10340kB, anon-rss:5632kB, file-rss:2028kB
<3>Kill process 489 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 490 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 491 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 499 (transmission-da) sharing same memory

The router's default DD-WRT status page shows 61932 kB as available memory out of which 91% is used and 9% is free. Also, the CPU load average is 100% (Load Average 100% 0.94, 1.63, 0.87)

Any suggestions on what I should do now to ensure that the Transmission process runs without failure ?

Hi

I have installed the latest version (20675) of DD-WRT on my ASUS RT-n13U B1 router.

I formatted my external hard disk 80 GB into Ext3 partition (single partition) and connected it to the router.

I installed Optware on the drive and then installed Transmission (version 2.77-1).

I edited the settings.json file and it has:

"rpc-port": 9091,
"rpc-url": "/transmission/",
"rpc-username": "",
"rpc-whitelist": "192.168.1.*",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": true,

I am able to start transmission using PuTTy. When I try to access the page at http://192.168.1.1:9091, I get an error -

"403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it."

At times, the page does come up. I add a single torrent and after 5 minutes, the Transmission page shows an error. It appears that the process stopped (or rather was killed) because of memory issues.

I have added only 1 torrent in Transmission and the output of the command dmesg is:

<3>Out of memory: Kill process 488 (transmission-da) score 94 or sacrifice child
<3>Killed process 488 (transmission-da) total-vm:10340kB, anon-rss:5632kB, file-rss:2028kB
<3>Kill process 489 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 490 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 491 (transmission-da) sharing same memory
<3>Kill process 499 (transmission-da) sharing same memory

The router's default DD-WRT status page shows 61932 kB as available memory out of which 91% is used and 9% is free. Also, the CPU load average is 100% (Load Average 100% 0.94, 1.63, 0.87)

Any suggestions on what I should do now to ensure that the Transmission process runs without failure ?
make rpc-whitelist enabled to false

make rpc-whitelist enabled to false

Hi

I have made the change in the settings.json file.

After making the change, I started Transmission again using the command:

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Until that point my router's CPU usage was 16%. I had a previously running single torrent in Transmission. Executed ps command and the output showed

2274 root 7544 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.
2275 root 7544 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.
2276 root 7544 R /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.
2277 root 7544 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.
2284 root 7544 S /opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.
The CPU usage on the status page of the router, slowly kept increasing and reached 100% within 3 minutes (2 minutes 30 seconds approx) and within 3 minutes, the Transmission process was killed automatically. I ran ps command once again and the process was not there. Also the page at 192.168.1.1:9091 gave me the error:
"Connection Failed
Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect."
Please check my initial post. My question was not on how to access the webpage at 192.168.1.1:9091
It was on how to ensure that the Transmission process runs without failure ?

Its not the best one.

Hi

Which one would you recommend?

Your original article was written several months back and since then there have been many updates. I am not sure which one is "good". I thought that the latest firmwares are the best (with most bugs and issues resolved).

Also, do I have to flash back to the original Asus firmware and then re-flash to the version you would be suggesting ? Or, can I just download the *.bin file and select firmware update on the router page? Could you guide me on how to change the firmware version to an older version?

Thanks

Though it was way back its still one of the solid firmware i know a firmware came out which was pretty much stable @ReVo_007

Last edited by a moderator:
well I cant use a HDD with my router currently so apart from the optware setup but r18777 used to work fine previously.I didnt face any problems on it as I remember.

Hi Dinjo

I followed the setup steps you have mentioned in your first post on this topic.

After several unsuccessful attempts to mount both the partitions during boot-up, I realised that the issue was because your script is missing a command:

sh /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup
I am n00b in Linux and scripting and I am not sure if the command was left out on purpose. Please update the post if it was left out by mistake.

No its probably due to the new firmware has changed the busybox cause of which its not getting executed.

Is there anyone in Bangalore, who is successful in doing it. I am much of a noob when it comes to Linux. I am not able to mount the drive at all.
Reqeust someone to take over on team viewer. Revo was kind enough to help over TV & finished in 10 mits which I tried for 2 hours.

Is there anyone in Bangalore, who is successful in doing it. I am much of a noob when it comes to Linux. I am not able to mount the drive at all.

Hi Chaoseater

I am from Bangalore and I successfully did the Custom FW flashing and installation of Optware and Transmission.

I managed to complete all the above very recently (only yesterday).

I would be glad to help you out. Please PM me your contact number or email address.

Back