Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Check the Image Upload , config your DD-WRT like that , Then Download Filezilla software

>install it > when it ask for IP address , enter 192.168.1.1 [IP of ur ASUS ROUTER]
Username: User
Password : 1234 <-------- I shown in Image , if you want to change password , edit it in dd-wrt gui as shown in image

Thanks Rajesh, i will try this once i reach home.

Check the Image Upload , config your DD-WRT like that , Then Download Filezilla software

>install it > when it ask for IP address , enter 192.168.1.1 [IP of ur ASUS ROUTER]
Username: User
Password : 1234 <-------- I shown in Image , if you want to change password , edit it in dd-wrt gui as shown in image

=======================================

ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/

I didnt note exactly on which build swap was working , but i think its one of the following build

06-06-12-r19327 06-06-2012 00:00:00
06-08-12-r19342 08-06-2012 00:00:00

Any1 way even with Latest version + Transmission + pyLoad http/ftp/ Web GUI downloader , still i have ~ 5MB ram remaning , May be because i limited max active Transmission torrent Upload and download , My Active Download is 1 Torrent at a time and Upload is 2
It was for u..
This app:mad:

Actually You can use Many methods to download from Router once NAS is enabled like i said

1) Easiest is FileZilla [Graphically]
2) From Web Browser - > ftp://192.168.3.1/ <---Replace the IP with your Router IP
3) From Cmd - Open CMD (Win+R ) - > type ftp 192.168.3.1 [Your IP]
then browse folder with CD command ,
To download file from cmd , type get "File Name"
File Name should be Quoted

It was for u..
This app:mad:

Replied

=============

Request TO Dinjo

Hi, in your guide you have explained each and every process what is happening in each step but missed on Firewall config on Router

Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:8080

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 22 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:22

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 21 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:21

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 8080 -j logaccept

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 22 -j logaccept

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 21 -j logaccept

Can you Please add what is happening in these steps like you did in other part of the guide

Thank you

Its port forwarding for http , ssh and ftp.[DOUBLEPOST=1364872948][/DOUBLEPOST]
noob question, torrents are completed, how can we view /mnt/data/torrents?, because gui shows "Unable to find path mapping".
How to use program options to setup path mappings?
I mentioned this on first page itself

Thankyou .so if I am using different network ip address I have to change network to the network I am using

192.168.1.1 in firewall to 192.168.X.X. based on my network ID and ip address

Thankyou

Use these instead it would get your router ip whatever you have configured, i tried amending first post but forum is not allowing me to do so it fails with "Message should be less than 1000 characters"

Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 80 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):8080

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 22 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):22

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr) --dport 21 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):21

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d $(nvram get lan_ipaddr) --dport 8080 -j logaccept

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d $(nvram get lan_ipaddr) --dport 22 -j logaccept

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d $(nvram get lan_ipaaddr) --dport 21 -j logaccept

No error nthing
I kill transmission
Edit json
Save it with no errors
Start transmission
Again gets the older settings:mad:

Delete this line from startup config or put HASH before

wget http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

to

#wget http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

Now use kill all command to kill transmission

type ps [small letter] to check if transmission is running ]

Edit the setting

Reboot

Delete this line from startup config or put HASH before

wget http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

to

#wget http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json # Get the settings.json from internet just in case local file gets corrupted can you remove this if u dont want

Now use kill all command to kill transmission

type ps [small letter] to check if transmission is running ]

Edit the setting

Reboot

i dont use this command
everytime .json is getting overwritten :(

Remove this LIne from startup config in Router​
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

then Press Apply ,Safe ,
Press Reboot

POwer Off manually

wait 1 minute

Now turn on Router Asus N13ub1

Connect to telent via Putty

type kill all transmission

Now type ps <---- SMALL LETTER}

and see if any transmission -deamon running [ ALSO take a screen shot and Give me ]

Now edit setting via Putty

using VI /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

to save file

Press Insert Button on keyboard

now type

:wq​
Re open the file to see it saved​
===========​
After confirming it is modified and saved​
Edit your startup config and Add the delete line again​

People who has too many confusion on config of N13, You can go with N16.

New default software of Asus works like a charm on N16, No DD WRT required.

Back