ASUS Xonar D2X Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

titana

Adept
Hello Friends,

I finally got to convince my self that i do not need my Xonar D2X any more, because i started using my AVR ( Marantz 4003 ) with my ATI 5670 HDMI out & iam loving it.:eek:hyeah:

Item : ASUS Xonar D2X Sound Card
Mint Condition
Importer : Rashi
Purchase Date : 09-03-2009
Accessories : All included
Original Box : Yes
Price : INR 6500 + shipping @ actual
Ebaylisting
eBay India: ASUS Xonar D2X Sound Card (item 140399361146 end time 21-Apr-2010 11:43:49 IST)
Pics :

PCI Express version is considered to be the BEST among all Xonar cards.

I wish I could buy this one, I had someone gifted me a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Gamer Pro Platinum 7.1.... :( just 2 months back.

Well dude first of all congrats on your AVR purchase I'm in same boat as yours looking for upgrade my A/v experience n since you have used both types of audio solutions can you spend few moments to tell me the overall difference in between soundcard based audio n AVR based.

Well do check again its not 3 years only 1 year....Sorry fr the POST but I feel users should know this....
If I am wrong will edit this post....chances are low though.

Titana...Can u pls confirm its a 3yr warranty?

Guys, I have already paid for the product.... I will seriously reconsider if the warranty is not for 3 yrs:(

vercetti said:
Titana...Can u pls confirm its a 3yr warranty?
Guys, I have already paid for the product.... I will seriously reconsider if the warranty is not for 3 yrs:(

Vercetti does it really matter so much that after paying you will want to backout.
I mean its a sound card not a graphic card that usually go kaput.
Personally i have yet to come across soundcard going bunk on you.
Cheers its a wonderful card and a deal. :hap5:

I could not consider it 'coz it is pci express based and i have to upgrade my mobo to fit this card (the RAM come in the way) :mad:. Vercetti go for it dude....:hap2:

Same here dude...I had a DX and the RAM came in the way but I managed to squeeze the card in:)

Hoping to do the same for the D2X....but warranty does matter dudes...

I am waiting for titana to respond though and confirm the warranty...I bought the card as soon as it was listed as I knew that it was a good deal and the card was in warranty... Although not much has changed but the bang-for-buck certainly goes down with this:)

I sold my DX at a discount due to similar reasons:(

card received Titana...Nice packaging 10/10..Everything is in order. (Although I am a little dissappointed with the xonar d2X sound quality itself...was expecting more:()

I suggest u keep the thread open till the deal is complete which includes:

1. Warranty confirmation from redbull

2. 3 day testing warranty(I have already connected the card and its working flawlessly so 3 day testing is more of a formality:))

I checked with my dealer mate, and he is saying that ASUS has reduced the warranty to 1 year on products apart from mobo.But I am sure it was 3 years warranty.Even buygamingstuff had acknowledged the same.dunno why they have backtracked.

&%^& fcuk ASUS...It would have been good to have a sticker or some written thing on the 3 yrs warranty:(

Anyways,...Thnx redbull for the update...

RedBull said:
I checked with my dealer mate, and he is saying that ASUS has reduced the warranty to 1 year on products apart from mobo.But I am sure it was 3 years warranty.Even buygamingstuff had acknowledged the same.dunno why they have backtracked.

@Vercetti : there is no point cursing Asus, you were offered a full refund even after the ebay purchase but you still went ahead.
This is a sale thread & I would request you to only air the grievances that you have against this particular sale.Kindly discuss Asus's warranty policies on a separate thread in the forum.

@RedBull : Thanks for coming forward with the information.

Err...Chill Titana..I am not cursing the deal or you...I am just cursing ASUS because they changed the 3yr warranty to a yr's warranty.

And the reason I went ahead with the deal was beacuase I had already paid for the card and didn't wanna get stuck up in paisa pay refunds <which takes 20-25 days>. But at the time of payment, I bought the stuff thinking it had a 3 yr warranty(confirmed by you)...

Again...I was expecting the warranty to be void yet was expecting a miracle prolly but when the actual news of the warranty came I felt sad and so the venting out on ASUS.

Again, if u read my post I have not said anything about you or the deal. I agree that u had another buyer in place if I backed out and so u agreed for a refund. but it was already too late for me as I was alsready in anticipation of the card and din't want to get stuck in paisa pay refund cycle. The ebay account was new and so i didn't want to take any risk.

So, u gave ur side of the story...its only fair that I give mine:)

Not sure why u said the above comment..Redbull himself has said that the dealers have gone back on thier words...My only intention for the comment was to be=ring out that ' its better to have the warranty terms in written' rather than spoken words....

Anyways u should closethisthread before it leads to a heated argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back