Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ thanks, so i should flash the detoxed file right? i had downloaded the level99 JUUS09032012 zip file and was planning to install it tomorrow.

Text sms message sending problem [solved]
I put another sim and hit refresh number in the phone information page. It gave setting as "sms center number",145. ex vodafone prepaid sms center number here is +919820005444. So I had to put "+919820005444",145 in the smsc box and hit update for it to work. I did not put the ,145 first and just put number in quotes and hit update. It didn't do anything. So I hit refresh and the ,145 came automatically next to it. After that I hit home button and tried sending a text message and it was sent successfully.

So if any of you have problem sending text messages, just put the smsc number in quotes and hit update. The comma and 145 or whatever number should populate automatically I think.

@Freaky or @veer_singh, please update the first post with the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks, so i should flash the detoxed file right? i had downloaded the level99 JUUS09032012 zip file and was planning to install it tomorrow.

Text sms message sending problem [solved]
I put another sim and hit refresh number in the phone information page. It gave setting as "sms center number",145. ex vodafone prepaid sms center number here is +919820005444. So I had to put "+919820005444",145 in the smsc box and hit update for it to work. I did not put the ,145 first and just put number in quotes and hit update. It didn't do anything. So I hit refresh and the ,145 came automatically next to it. After that I hit home button and tried sending a text message and it was sent successfully.

So if any of you have problem sending text messages, just put the smsc number in quotes and hit update. The comma and 145 or whatever number should populate automatically I think.

Freaky or veer_singh, please update the first post with the solution.
Yes flash the detoxed one from CWM rom manager . It will be fast and devoid of any AT&T crapware

It shows 8776 and discount coupon BHEJOMYDIWALI to make it 7776[h=3][/h]
Out of stock :3 only black one is availble but thats 11K :3 even now i2c one showing shipping can't be done in ur locality :/ very strange 2 days back it used to ship here but now :(

So now instructions for going into GB
These are confirmed and people have done it in xda

Flash back to GB
- Install Pantech PC Suite (If not already installed)
- Download and extract this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkdoxq7q7cw8dmj/P9070.zip
- Install P9070_Download_Tool_v3.3.exe
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78NxrFo-Rv8VlhFZzBFZ2dXWVU/edit
- Put your phone into SW Download mode (power off, then hold +,- and power simultaneously).
- Run the Download Tool, select pdl and flash
Dropbox users add this to your dropbox and than download , will save bandwidth of original poster for other users .
Use pdl tool to go back to GB. Root, install cwm, and factory reset plus cleaned dalvik cache. Install ics update zip and factory reset and clear cache again.

I want to remove the crappy bloatware on my pantech burst running GB , and want to update to ICS. Are Pantech ICS and Xda ICS are the 2 different things ?

So i follow the above method to first root GB and remove all crapware and then install ICS or follow this guide xda-developers - View Single Post - Pantech Burst Essentials

I want to remove the crappy bloatware on my pantech burst running GB , and want to update to ICS. Are Pantech ICS and Xda ICS are the 2 different things ?

So i follow the above method to first root GB and remove all crapware and then install ICS or follow this guide xda-developers - View Single Post - Pantech Burst Essentials

Pantech ICS and xda dave ics are different . Download daves rom from CWM rom manager . GB root and CWM it , than normal factory reset , dalvik and cache wipes

I didn't get you..plus when i recently attached my pantech to windows 8 it is not recognizing, then i again attached to my rear usb pannel and voila it shows the internal storage.

My question is does any one here facing problem with front panel usb in win 8.

I didn't get you..plus when i recently attached my pantech to windows 8 it is not recognizing, then i again attached to my rear usb pannel and voila it shows the internal storage.

My question is does any one here facing problem with front panel usb in win 8.
Pantech ICS and XDA ics by user dave are not same .
Yes use the link you posted to root and add CWM to your GB
Download xda user dave ICS from CWM rom manager or the other link 4shared.com folder linked earlier and flash normally from CWM recovery . First factory reset , than cache wipe and finally dalvik wipe

- - - Updated - - -

There should be other ways of fixing this problem. Factory reset would be last resort. Would clearing delvik cache mess up already installed other applications in anyway?

I have couple of more doubts...
I hide on icon in menu (not standby screen), thinking i will be able to unhide it in other group on pantech. But its gone. How to unhide it?
Also i have installed widgetsoid to try switching between 3G, 2G etc. but its icon didnt show up anywhere. Even while adding widget to standby screen, its not shown as one of the option. Where as google play shows its installed.
cache and dalvik wipes doesn't mess with anything . Do it
You are using GB or ICS ? I am using Apex launcher and didnt face this issue

Finally my dad agreed to get me pantech burst before diwali :bigok: But i think i2c is not selling anything now i just lost this phone . i2c made shipping to no where and lying that its some technical fault . Truth might be that phone store usa's stock is empty and they can't sell more . rather than directly saying there stock is over they did that shipping dupe -_-

Pantech ICS and XDA ics by user dave are not same .
Yes use the link you posted to root and add CWM to your GB
Download xda user dave ICS from CWM rom manager or the other link 4shared.com folder linked earlier and flash normally from CWM recovery . First factory reset , than cache wipe and finally dalvik wipe

I have tried installing ADB drivers in Win 8 and no luck here. Any help ??? :(

@Nalin, I still face front usb panel problems in Windows 7. It will recognize the phone, but drivers show failed status. as in they are installed but wont work. have you enabled usb debugging in the phone?

Anyone used this EZlauncher? I tried it and all the widgets need to be downloaded. weird. i thought even widgets would be included with the launcher to be a complete theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you installed Androis SDK tools ?

Yup i have installed all 3 package files like android tools,SDK tools and google driver,i have tried the default Win 8 drivers also including Pantech pc suite. When i write "adb devices" in command prompt it shows blank screen..what am i doing wrong here ?

Nalin, I still face front usb panel problems in Windows 7. It will recognize the phone, but drivers show failed status. as in they are installed but wont work. have you enabled usb debugging in the phone?

Yup i have enabled usb debugging.. i have never faced any front panel usb problem in Win 7 though, but now it seems like now my front panel doesn't anymore in Win 8 :unsure:

When i write "adb devices" in command prompt it shows blank screen..what am i doing wrong here ?
Its exactly the same error i was getting. In this the pantech mdmnet or some driver fails to load. But if you look into control panel, the phone will be listed there under devices and printers.

Try usbdeview to remove the drivers associated with the front panel hub numbers. next time you attach the phone it will reinstall the drivers again. you can also try installing pdanet. It may or may not work.

In my case, for the phone to get recognized, I just changed the port. I use back usb port now.

I have already tried usbdeview and pdanet no use, will finally take my phone to friend's place and get it done there as he is having a Win 7 laptop with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back