Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pantech ICS and XDA ics by user dave are not same .
Yes use the link you posted to root and add CWM to your GB
Download xda user dave ICS from CWM rom manager or the other link 4shared.com folder linked earlier and flash normally from CWM recovery . First factory reset , than cache wipe and finally dalvik wipe

is there a correct procedure on how to do that?
should i make a folder in external_sd named clockworkmod and put juus09032012-deodex ics zip in this location?
Should the zip file be renamed to something else like update.zip?
then restart phone, go to cwm mode and browse to location of zip, hit update and keep fingers crossed hoping all goes well.

is there a correct procedure on how to do that?
should i make a folder in external_sd named clockworkmod and put juus09032012-deodex ics zip in this location?
Should the zip file be renamed to something else like update.zip?
then restart phone, go to cwm mode and browse to location of zip, hit update and keep fingers crossed hoping all goes well.
Renaming of zip not required . I update my S2 by flashing AOKP updates every third day . Correct procedure is use jivy kernel cleaning script [CWM Flashable] Kernel Cleaning Script - xda-developers , that is flash in CWM . Cache and dalvik wipes and then flash the zipped rom .

Bought pantech burst at 10.042K. ! Wait for me I'm comming to modding guys aswell :D

- - - Updated - - -

tell me the best and cheap scratch guard and sim cutter :D

Renaming of zip not required . I update my S2 by flashing AOKP updates every third day . Correct procedure is use jivy kernel cleaning script [CWM Flashable] Kernel Cleaning Script - xda-developers , that is flash in CWM . Cache and dalvik wipes and then flash the zipped rom .

is that kernel cleaning file just 172KB in size? it does not seem to have anything in it.
so if i change from gb to ics i have to flash kernel cleaning first (which cleans out every cache i think), then use cwm to flash ics?
as a backup should i put stock gb zip too on the sdcard?

@6pack yes its small in size and do as you wrote
After kernel cleaning , also do cache and dalvik wipes for surety
Keep GB also on SD if any issues

- - - Updated - - -

6pack yes its small in size and do as you wrote
After kernel cleaning , also do cache and dalvik wipes for surety
Keep GB also on SD if any issues
Thanks for the reps . Did you flash it ? everything fine ?

Last edited by a moderator:
how can i get one for the minimum price.... need one...
thanks, and wish u all very happy diwali.. :)
theres one available at 9.4K please grab that asap from ridstore something . And dude thats 10.2K Bargain he'll offer at 10,050 (same he offered me but i got msg late so :/ ) Than use 7% off coupon and get it at 9.3K . BTW i got msg from i2c too that there shipping issue (fail lie ) is resolved but i couldn't see listing if they selling at 9.3K again than use coupons and get at 8.7K ^_^ / .

theres one available at 9.4K please grab that asap from ridstore something . And dude thats 10.2K Bargain he'll offer at 10,050 (same he offered me but i got msg late so :/ ) Than use 7% off coupon and get it at 9.3K . BTW i got msg from i2c too that there shipping issue (fail lie ) is resolved but i couldn't see listing if they selling at 9.3K again than use coupons and get at 8.7K ^_^ / .

thanks for the reply, but please clarify, where do I find ridstore and i2c, (don't know em) are you referring to sum guys over ebay or they are different online stores.:)

thanks for the reply, but please clarify, where do I find ridstore and i2c, (don't know em) are you referring to sum guys over ebay or they are different online stores.:)
contact that rid store seller. Ask him to lower the price down till 9400 . negotiate as far as possible than he'll get it to 10K exact or lower ( if u got extreme skills :p ) Than use the coupon code and get it at 9.3K :D

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to get his one :D please tell me is this scratch guard clear than this one ?

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200838504572#ht_1676wt_1139

does nexus cover will get fitted in pantech burst ? I'll be okay with some hot blade cutting . But will it get fitted ?

Yup fitting is near perfect ,no need to cut anything as both phones have identical screen sizes. It's just that Nexus S screen size is little smaller than burst screen.

Yup fitting is near perfect ,no need to cut anything as both phones have identical screen sizes. It's just that Nexus S screen size is little smaller than burst screen.
okay i'll oder the sratch guard :D . BTw u missed one question :p , does hard cases will get fitted also ? or silicon ones ? Nexus's cases are cheaper than pantech :p

- - - Updated - - -

anyone odered burst from this seller ?

http://myworld.ebay.in/vishalrkhatwani/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

He's transmitting through professional couriers and i read some reviews of that courier they were f*king bad :'( .

I'm gonna get the phone by tomorrow. It got ICs by default. Shall i downgrade it the time itself ? Or can someone tell me things to do first with pantech burst to enjoy the most of phone in start :p

okay i'll oder the sratch guard :D . BTw u missed one question :p , does hard cases will get fitted also ? or silicon ones ? Nexus's cases are cheaper than pantech :p

Of course Nexus s cover will not fit in pantech burst because the whole back layout including the camera cutting is different and it is a hell of a "task" to manually cut it. :p

@kuduku, i did not flash it yet. I was about to flash it the next day. took a full phone backup with nandroid or something (from within cwm menu) to my external sd. had put ics zip and all on external sd, but saw battery was less than 40% so didnt go ahead. i put to charge, and after that i forgot about upgrading it. might do it this weekend hopefully.

I was wondering how do i take a screenshot in this phone? read somewhere that volume down + power button pressed at same time = screenshot. but where does the pic get saved? in memory? do we need any photoshop like app installed to import from clipboard in this phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its only for xperia handsets.

- - - Updated - - -

contact that rid store seller. Ask him to lower the price down till 9400 . negotiate as far as possible than he'll get it to 10K exact or lower ( if u got extreme skills :p ) Than use the coupon code and get it at 9.3K :D

i got mine from ridstore today./ upgraded to ics. can i root it now or too late?
I still havnt figured where is this ridstore seller, on TE, ebay or sumthing else. o:O and toxicdrift, how much did u shell out for this phone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back