Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
motorola defy+ wiped from flipkart :'( i was about to get it in january .. now options for me is only pantech burst ! Need fair review !

How's the build quality ?
How much battery lasts exactly with moderate usage ?
And if i just upgrade it from Gb to ICS w/o rooting , will i be suffering from those network change issues ?
Is the worth spending money ?

^^ The build quality is decent. Its average at best and I don't see any major drawbacks to its design. Havent drop tested it though.

I think I have some software issue as my battery barely lasts 10 hours before being completely drained with even light usage (30 mins of calling and maybe 15 minutes of Angry birds. No music or video watching). Going to root the device and remove all the stock AT&T apps and see if there is any difference.

Some people have reported no problems with the network after upgrading. I have faced this problem but its not really bothering me since I needed 3G anyways. The phone switches to 2G automatically when 3G network is not available. If you want full time 2G network then simply select 2G in GB and upgrade to ICS.

Phone does not get recognized in win 8 , driver issue

- - - Updated - - -

Drives are mounted fine , can do data transfer on internal and micro sd card from laptop
Panatech Pc suite doesnt work and i dont use it also . Its when you asked then i opened and checked the pc suite

for me even drives are not getting detected ,what to do ?

@Arjun Device manager\ install the generic usb driver instead from Pantech drivers which dont work

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thats for usb tethering , i want to access the phones storage kuduku
Win 8 should have them . Select device manager
Pantech usb hub...
update driver software
browse my computer for software
let me pick from list of drivers from my computers
keep show compatible hardware checked

it should have 2 entries , one pantech second Win 8 default . Use that .

Hello Guys,

I got my burst today with the great help of a great and humble TE member (@tech.addict). I am not sure if you guys know me, I usually build custom roms for the phones I own. So, here with I am presenting the hopefully the first custom rom for our burst. Its nothing different, but just a stripped down and some goodies added version as of now. But I will try my level best to bring in more features as we go further....

Features:
- Deleted tons of AT&T Bloat (now rom zip stands at 278 MB from 348MB of stock ics)
- Replaced the stock launcher with Apex 1.3.3 (thanks to anddoes)
- Baked in the GoogleNow for ICS (thanks to Mickey)
- Baked in the latest camera & gallery from android 4.2
- Added in the Latest keyboard from 4.2 w/Swipe support.
- some more I dont remember...

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2012-11-03-15-42-52.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-43-03.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-43-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-43-26.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-44-22.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-44-42.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-45-30.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-45-45.jpgScreenshot_2012-11-03-15-46-13.jpg

If anybody wants to try it out. I can post the link :)

^^ great work man. Could you also replace the statusbar icons with the stock android icons. the ones by pantech look garish

Hello Guys,

I got my burst today with the great help of a great and humble TE member (@tech.addict). I am not sure if you guys know me, I usually build custom roms for the phones I own. So, here with I am presenting the hopefully the first custom rom for our burst. Its nothing different, but just a stripped down and some goodies added version as of now. But I will try my level best to bring in more features as we go further....

Features:
- Deleted tons of AT&T Bloat (now rom zip stands at 278 MB from 348MB of stock ics)
- Replaced the stock launcher with Apex 1.3.3 (thanks to anddoes)
- Baked in the GoogleNow for ICS (thanks to Mickey)
- Baked in the latest camera & gallery from android 4.2
- Added in the Latest keyboard from 4.2 w/Swipe support.
- some more I dont remember...

Screenshots:
View attachment 15872View attachment 15873View attachment 15874View attachment 15875View attachment 15876View attachment 15877View attachment 15878View attachment 15879View attachment 15880

If anybody wants to try it out. I can post the link :)

Why wouldn't anyone want to try this ? :p Please do post the link along with the instructions for the same. I shall update the first link with respective post once done so that it is of use to other members who haven't been regular in this thread

Hope you continue working on the same and improve it further. Are you on XDA as well ?

Btw, everyone seems to be complaining about memory leak on ICS. Has anyone found the reason for that ?

here comes the download link..

Stock Lite Rom v0.1

Feel free to report any bugs that you may come across. Just wipe data / cache / dalvik from recovery and do a fresh install for the best results. Yes, I will continue to work on this rom further and make it as perfect as possible. Yes I am on XDA as well. But since we have a large user base than xda for burst, so I decided to post it here first.

Stock Lite Rom v0.1

Feel free to report any bugs that you may come across. Just wipe data / cache / dalvik from recovery and do a fresh install for the best results. Yes, I will continue to work on this rom further and make it as perfect as possible. Yes I am on XDA as well. But since we have a large user base than xda for burst, so I decided to post it here first.

whats the procedure for people currently on a rooted GB get this?

does that mode changing problem occurs in this rom also ? BTW how much the exact battery life is ?

^^ The build quality is decent. Its average at best and I don't see any major drawbacks to its design. Havent drop tested it though.

I think I have some software issue as my battery barely lasts 10 hours before being completely drained with even light usage (30 mins of calling and maybe 15 minutes of Angry birds. No music or video watching). Going to root the device and remove all the stock AT&T apps and see if there is any difference.

Some people have reported no problems with the network after upgrading. I have faced this problem but its not really bothering me since I needed 3G anyways. The phone switches to 2G automatically when 3G network is not available. If you want full time 2G network then simply select 2G in GB and upgrade to ICS.
I have a budget of 10K and I'm gonna buy the phone in january and Even i short listed 2 phones Karbonn A21 and This pantech burst.. But battery life is kinda imp to me and i even want to taste ICS w/o any issues ... ICS i can still adjust but battery i can't if it even lasts for 20 hours on moderate usage i won't be getting this -_-

Cyanogen Mod 9

here comes the download link.. Stock Lite Rom v0.1 Feel free to report any bugs that you may come across. Just wipe data / cache / dalvik from recovery and do a fresh install for the best results. Yes, I will continue to work on this rom further and make it as perfect as possible. Yes I am on XDA as well. But since we have a large user base than xda for burst, so I decided to post it here first.
Hey bro, nice to see that we have a Developer among us. Can you port the CM9 to our Bursts? Because I believe that would be the ultimate solution to all our battery as well as network switching problems.

Hey bro, nice to see that we have a Developer among us. Can you port the CM9 to our Bursts? Because I believe that would be the ultimate solution to all our battery as well as network switching problems.
yeah port the latest CM 10 bro not the CM9 as device can easily handle even CM20( means when it will be released ) The HTC explorer the low end device got CM10 support so Pantech burst a pretty high end device can handle every andro version .. And Cyanogen is good aswell .. there will be no issues .. And if u want any support from us we are everytime with us. .Even if u need some donations than i don't think anyone should hesitate :p 50 rs anyone can give and if everyone gives than that won't be anything much but something for nothing :p I don't have pantech burst but i'm planing to buy it soon And reading reviews of u guys influencing me to buy it asap :D

Stock Lite Rom v0.1

Will try it and let you know. BTW, ICS kernel source is out........You know what i mean :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back