Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ The problem is that I am not getting that option. Can u please explain detaily how to do it plz?

EDIT:When I try to import the app crashes
import from sim never worked for me -_- And it crashes the app also . And that is the issue with stock rom or say that only works with at&t sim till i think .

Got my new black burst , this came with ICS installed , had only used GB in my old burst, battery lasted longer in GB

how to get usb tethering working in ICS?

When i tried first in stock unrooted i was getting message that there was a "temporary network problem"

I tried the secret codes revealer method , then i started getting the "dial 611 message

I rooted it , still getting same dial 611 message , in GB when i had rooted it the dial 611 message went away & i was able to use tethering

- - - Updated - - -

^ nothing works. i've reinstalled the drivers more than 3-4 times now. it shows p9070 in device manager with an exclamation on it. the usb drivers wont work properly with windows 8. guess i'll have to setup a vm with win7 on it.

- - - Updated - - -

[Solved] Success!! Got the drivers to work on windows8 x64 successfully
Turns out that the pantech usb drivers were the ones creating the problem. If uninstalling the pantech usb drivers only wont solve the problem, do this method.
1. Uninstall Pantech PC Suite & Pantech USB driver v1.1 from programs, restart.
2. Connect phone to computer. It will install drivers automatically.
3. Disconnect Phone. Install PC Suite. It will also install those pantech usb drivers.
4. In programs files, uninstall the pantech usb drivers.
5. connect phone. drivers will get installed automatically. You should be able to see pantech 9070 in devices.
6. Run pc suite and it will find the device properly now. you can connect to the phone as usual.

tested under adb devices and it recognizes the device too. :D

Not working, drivers dont get installed automatically , i go into device manager & search online still cant find drivers

Last edited by a moderator:
AndroidRedTriangle.JPG

my phone currently looks like this when i booted in cwm after following this guide for rooting ics Hack notes on Pantech Burst/Presto/P9070 with ICS update 10/3/2012 | TAU ? It's All About The Negative @attn1
kuduku crackuc

what to do?

- - - Updated - - -

The guide says "You may have to install it several times before the symlink at the end of the install works.
Reboot the phone."

I only did it once , i got a message superuser installation aborted & i rebooted,phone was rooted & working , i booted into cwm to make a backup, there wa no option to backup/restore in the cwm menu , when i choose reboot i get the above screen

- - - Updated - - -

Pressing the home button rebooted the phone , how do i make backup? there no option in the menu

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think cwm recovery is installed properly on my phone, Rom manager is prompting to install CWM recovery

@Arjun I did not use your links to get root on ICS . If you check my links i had done the ICS root as on xda . You need to get in download mode and flash stock GB , P9070.ZIP .
Get into download mode
Unzip P9070 and flash stock GB using P9070 downlod tool . Both are in P9070 folder.
Add CWM in GB and flash your choice of ICS which has root and CWM .

Arjun I did not use your links to get root on ICS . If you check my links i had done the ICS root as on xda . You need to get in download mode and flash stock GB , P9070.ZIP .
Get into download mode
Unzip P9070 and flash stock GB using P9070 downlod tool . Both are in P9070 folder.

I followed the below instructions to root , i just realised that i only booted in CWM & did not install it (correct me if wrong )

Phone fully booted, enable usb debugging
adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img
In Clockworkmod, select install zip from sdcard.
Then select Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip and install it.
Note: You may have to install it several times before the symlink at the end of the install works.
Reboot the phone.

So i had probably booted into the default recovery , does the default recovery have the option to backup?

I will look for a method to install CWM recovery in ICS first than downgrading to GB , there is this by method y @attn1

How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery with today’s ICS update: (root required)
adb push cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img /data/local/tmp/
adb shell
su
dd if=/data/local/tmp/cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
sync
exit

dont know if this will mess up something , dont want to try it, maybe there will be some way to install the new CWM 6 now that it does not brick the phone ,

Is there any other guide for installing CWM recovery in ICS?

Please check your sources more carefully. XDA had nothing to do with it. Zero. Zip Nada. I did the first custom recovery for this device and worked out official CWM with Koush - no one else.

Apologies, but I should have mentioned your name. Sorry :ashamed:

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 17722

my phone currently looks like this when i booted in cwm after following this guide for rooting ics Hack notes on Pantech Burst/Presto/P9070 with ICS update 10/3/2012 | TAU ? It's All About The Negative @attn1
kuduku crackuc

what to do?

You are on stock Android Recovery (3e) . Power button does nothing here except remove the text.

Home button is for selection, volume keys for up/down.

- - - Updated - - -
@Arjun I did not use stock codes but modified a .db file to enable soft AP. This method has been discussed on XDA --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1878466

I had done the same above without the knowledge of the same. Had looked at tethering on the Note and other AT&T phones and tried it out.

@vivek.krishnan had already seen that thread about renaming .db , someone in that thread wasnt able to boot after trying that so i wanted to make a complete backup before trying & that is the reason i want to install CWM , now i think i have only rooted without installing CWM , how come in ginger bread after rooting tethering started working ?

can i do

adb reboot bootloader

then make a backup?

vivek.krishnan had already seen that thread about renaming .db , someone in that thread wasnt able to boot after trying that so i wanted to make a complete backup before trying & that is the reason i want to install CWM , now i think i have only rooted without installing CWM , how come in ginger bread after rooting tethering started working ?

can i do

adb reboot bootloader

then make a backup?

Yes, you can make a backup, but would suggest to try modifying the db files, it worked for me. Did not need to do any fix permissions either.

You could also use the latest CWM 6.0.2.7

View attachment 17722

kuduku crackuc

what to do?

- - - Updated - - -

The guide says "You may have to install it several times before the symlink at the end of the install works.
Reboot the phone."

I only did it once , i got a message superuser installation aborted & i rebooted,phone was rooted & working , i booted into cwm to make a backup, there wa no option to backup/restore in the cwm menu , when i choose reboot i get the above screen

- - - Updated - - -

Pressing the home button rebooted the phone , how do i make backup? there no option in the menu

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think cwm recovery is installed properly on my phone, Rom manager is prompting to install CWM recovery
Now no choice left -_- You didn't followed what was written in the tut . Why u didn't made the installation several times after it was written also ? Till you get successful installation you should install it again and again . BTw now try to downgrade to GB with PDL .

Please check your sources more carefully. XDA had nothing to do with it. Zero. Zip Nada. I did the first custom recovery for this device and worked out official CWM with Koush - no one else.
Davemper's touch cwm 6 recovery works well also . the one in rom manager fu*ks everything . I'm using cwm 6 since i got my fear off from flashing stuff -_- . Will try yours when i'll get full response of working .

Now no choice left -_- You didn't followed what was written in the tut . Why u didn't made the installation several times after it was written also ? Till you get successful installation you should install it again and again . BTw now try to downgrade to GB with PDL .

Before attempting i had read on XDA that even rebooting after one attempt works , even if you get the error the phone is rooted & superuser installed, i was confused because i thought CWM recovery was also installed , i had booted in to the stock android recovery & assumed it was cwm recovery , it was never installed, my phone works as it should , rooted .

finally got the second burst I had ordered. Its SIM locked. Can anyone tell me how to unlock it. The first time I had bought the unlock code off ebay. But I guess its easy to generate it yourself? I downloaded loginplus but it doesnt seem to be running.

Edit - okay, got it working. The version linked in this thread doesnt work on Windows 8. The latest version from http://mkey-support.com/LoginPlus/ works fine on Windows 8.

Arjun I did not use your links to get root on ICS . If you check my links i had done the ICS root as on xda . You need to get in download mode and flash stock GB , P9070.ZIP .
Get into download mode
dude link you shared for P9070.zip file is down....do you have back up of the same? can you reupload?

finally got the second burst I had ordered. Its SIM unlocked. Can anyone tell me how to unlock it. The first time I had bought the unlock code off ebay. But I guess it easy to generate yourself? I downloaded loginplus but pantech burst doesnt seem to be running.

pm imei to @prateekS

Not working, drivers dont get installed automatically , i go into device manager & search online still cant find drivers

there are drivers in the phone. how can they not be installed as soon as you attach the phone via usb to comp? weird. i hope you're running windows 8 right? cause that guide is for windows 8 x64 only. for windows 7 you only have to install pantech pc suite first then connect the phone to computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back