Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
in first post to select 2g/3g band - try *#2263# and select the GSM band.
after i type it in dialer it does not execute automatically. if i press dial, it says some mmi code something and throws error about something being invalid.

in network settings, phone says its edge band, but does not show any internet connectivity icon in top bar. example - like in old phone, above the signal bars there used to be inverted blue signal bars if internet was available in network.

In this phone *#2263# doesn't work. Use *#*#4636#*#* > phone information > scroll down to set preferred network type and select GSM only for 2G only.

Regarding internet, have you checked the APN?

@kuduku is usb tethering working on win8 ? i sometimes use 3g usb tethering on my laptop , my laptop now has win 8 installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
in first post to select 2g/3g band - try *#2263# and select the GSM band.
after i type it in dialer it does not execute automatically. if i press dial, it says some mmi code something and throws error about something being invalid.

in network settings, phone says its edge band, but does not show any internet connectivity icon in top bar. example - like in old phone, above the signal bars there used to be inverted blue signal bars if internet was available in network.
Which SIM , if airtel you have to manually add apn . Once Apn is found it will show a E or 4G icon all the time , whether you are using the data services or not
As tech.addict also said its *#*#4636#*#*

Hi Guys, how is the XDA ICS compared to the one provided by Pantech?
Any advantages?
The advantage of using ICS xda zip is that its rooted . So you install GB , root it and install CWM than flash ICS xda zip which gives you a rooted ICS with CWM
You can also flash Pantech ICS than you are required to root it and install CWM . You can root it only if you dont want CWM
For removing AT&T apps rooting is required and CWM not compulsory
I feel rooting and installing CWM is easier in GB and than just flash XDA ICS zip . The instructions I posted here are quite easy , just follow them as per the books
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/t-pantech-burst-discussion-thread-139452/p2/#post1728690
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28602780&postcount=3
follow xda posting and you can never go wrong

is there a way to stop apps from starting up and accessing internet? yesterday night i had charged my phone to full, and now its at 40%. there were some apps running which i did not even touch. like network location, maps, camera (it shows 3% used), some google services and some at&t services. in a spate of 3-4 hours, the battery was used so much by these stupid apps. :(

do you guys recommend a separate email ac for phone including buying google apps or do you use the same google ac which you use for emails on pc?

is there a way to stop apps from starting up and accessing internet? yesterday night i had charged my phone to full, and now its at 40%. there were some apps running which i did not even touch. like network location, maps, camera (it shows 3% used), some google services and some at&t services. in a spate of 3-4 hours, the battery was used so much by these stupid apps. :(

do you guys recommend a separate email ac for phone including buying google apps or do you use the same google ac which you use for emails on pc?
On my pantech login email id of mobile and store is different . I also just switch off data
In settings theres a dedicated data usage tab

^ yeah, i found that. "Enable data usage in network or something" in Network settings. It was on. After switching it off, the battery is around 78-80% now after charging to 90% in afternoon.

What is the reason and remedy for android showing 'Not enough disk space to install application'? I got this problem with both pantech burst and now with nexus 7 while side-loading application. There is ample amount of disk space available with inbuilt storage. No memory card inserted yet.. I tried google but its giving many irrelevant SERPS because of common words.

What is the reason and remedy for android showing 'Not enough disk space to install application'? I got this problem with both pantech burst and now with nexus 7 while side-loading application. There is ample amount of disk space available with inbuilt storage. No memory card inserted yet.. I tried google but its giving many irrelevant SERPS because of common words.
Wipe cache , dalvik factory restore , if not in CWM than from android recovery wipe cache and factory restore

There should be other ways of fixing this problem. Factory reset would be last resort. Would clearing delvik cache mess up already installed other applications in anyway?

I have couple of more doubts...
I hide on icon in menu (not standby screen), thinking i will be able to unhide it in other group on pantech. But its gone. How to unhide it?
Also i have installed widgetsoid to try switching between 3G, 2G etc. but its icon didnt show up anywhere. Even while adding widget to standby screen, its not shown as one of the option. Where as google play shows its installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back