FS: Home Audio Video Audioengine A2 & Audioengine D1 DAC

If I do find a repair shop that is willing to help repair this I will inform you.

However, that being said the parcel was definitely not packed well, and there were no separate boxes for each of the speakers. They were wrapped in thin pieces of paper and then bubble wrapped (deflated), and were then put inside a show box that was just lined with more crumpled paper. You can see this in the pictures I took. I should have really taken a video instead.

The newspaper crumpled further (owing to the obvious weight of the speakers) and the package must have moved around a lot to have received the damage to the left side as a result. I did agree to the risks after mentioning that "as long as it is packed well, it should be fine". I'm quite disappointed really, but there's not much we can do. It may be a mere 6K to you, but to me that's quite a large amount is why I'm upset.
Option 1: I can return the 6k, if you return the speakers in full working order.
option 2: share repair cost if u intend to keep them after repair.
option 3: contact shipping partner for the damages

If I do find a repair shop that is willing to help repair this I will inform you.

However, that being said the parcel was definitely not packed well, and there were no separate boxes for each of the speakers. They were wrapped in thin pieces of paper and then bubble wrapped (deflated), and were then put inside a show box that was just lined with more crumpled paper. You can see this in the pictures I took. I should have really taken a video instead.

The newspaper crumpled further (owing to the obvious weight of the speakers) and the package must have moved around a lot to have received the damage to the left side as a result. I did agree to the risks after mentioning that "as long as it is packed well, it should be fine". I'm quite disappointed really, but there's not much we can do. It may be a mere 6K to you, but to me that's quite a large amount is why I'm upset.
There's a reason manufacturers have custom made boxes and thermocol for products. You should've asked for a more sturdy box to pack them in before finalizing shipping as the ones in the picture don't look that sturdy. And opting for air mode could've made some difference as ground mode is not really good for anything unless it's in manufacturer packing.

I suggest you find people that can repair them and split the cost as seller is offering, you knew the risks so there's no point in complaining now. The shipping company won't give any meaningful refund that is if they give any.

Last edited:
If you look closely in the original post, the left speaker surround suspension is not in original shape like the other driver specially towards right side of the driver, and it looks peeled from some sides, also to consider the original post was made in June so that picture is 3 months old and the condition must've deteriorated over this 3 months time, and then this product is shipped to Shillong from Chennai, if you ask me this was bound to happen. and I am guessing that's the driver which got damaged.

Always insure the package. For DTDC it’s like 2% of the cost value, I bare these costs myself for own piece of mind.

Also the buyer should have asked for a video of it working either live or with a date and name on paper next to it.

Always insure the package. For DTDC it’s like 2% of the cost value, I bare these costs myself for own piece of mind.

Also the buyer should have asked for a video of it working either live or with a date and name on paper next to it.
FYI working video sent to the buyer before finalising the deal.

You have to have to use thermaco/styrofoam when sending stuff like speakers IMHO.
Exactly. Bubble wrap won't protect from impact from sharp objects, like the corner of another box. This is why the outer box also needs to be hard/rigid.

And it also needs to be ensured that there's no empty space inside the box, so that there's no space for the product to move around. Crumpled paper will do that only if stuffed properly, but if there's no hard shell around the product, crumpled paper itself can damage something like speaker diaphragm.

Packing something like speakers is fraught with risk, unless you know how to pack stuff properly.

In general, if unsure, pack it in 3 layers, hard shell -> soft padding -> hard box.

@ op, the issue is the outer box mate. It doesnt matter how well you stuffed it and how many layers were used, the outer box has collapsed and has led to the damage. A simple 50 Rs hard carton (like amazons), would have done the job and avoided this issue completely.

Back