Audio Audiophile and gears

Have you heard any of those yourself? Can you imagine any IEM any more laid back than Starfield?
I've not heard a single one of those except FH3 and Starfield.
Starfield was one of the biggest hyped up IEM in recent years. It was like Shure SE535 of 2010. Everyone and his friends bought it and never listened to them after 3 months.

Please don't recommend expensive stuff to others without having first hand experience.
I could easily encourage others for CA Solaris or AK Layla as I have both of them and Layla is easily one one best non custom IEM ( don't need Crinacle's list for it, as I've compared it repeatedly with my custom pairs and they are comparable)
Here's a person who is trying to upgrade from bundled IEMs. Instead of suggesting something like RHA / Sennheiser ( I didn't because I've not heard any in years) you are suggesting him Moondrop IEMs?
Ever tried to RMA these brands from India, where headphonezone is the highest standard of audio?

Last edited:
Those are a Frankenstein version of LCD2 and X.
Audeze ****ed me over so much that I begged Austrian Audio to repair my LCD X...they sent me those.
Yes, they are somewhat dark, but not like LCD2.
They are superb for transient detection in drum tracks and sample replacement.
Few humble requests to my audiophile friends here:
1. Please don't suggest random stuffs to others after reading a few headphone subreddits. Average age for those people fighting there is possibly less than 18. Some of them don't even know there are many types of 2 pin and mmcx connectors!!
2. Suggests things that you have/ had/ used
3.Please remember in a time like this, a 500 Rs IEM seems way too much for many. And you can listen to your music at that budget without any problem.
4. If you have old but working gear that you don't use, give them away...PLEASE

Last edited:
Have you heard any of those yourself? Can you imagine any IEM any more laid back than Starfield?
I've not heard a single one of those except FH3 and Starfield.
Starfield was one of the biggest hyped up IEM in recent years. It was like Shure SE535 of 2010. Everyone and his friends bought it and never listened to them after 3 months.

Please don't recommend expensive stuff to others without having first hand experience.
I could easily encourage others for CA Solaris or AK Layla as I have both of them and Layla is easily one one best non custom IEM ( don't need Crinacle's list for it, as I've compared it repeatedly with my custom pairs and they are comparable)
Here's a person who is trying to upgrade from bundled IEMs. Instead of suggesting something like RHA / Sennheiser ( I didn't because I've not heard any in years) you are suggesting him Moondrop IEMs?
Ever tried to RMA these brands from India, where headphonezone is the highest standard of audio?
Firstly, when it comes to IEMs, I don't suggest stuffs that I haven't listened to. I strictly restrict my suggestions to a small group of IEMs that are priced under $200. You'll rarely see me suggesting IEMs over $200 because I don't have much experience with high-end IEMs.

Moreover, why do I feel that you only think your audio suggestions matters and not the others in the forum? Elitist/gatekeeping much?
With all due respect, the world doesn't revolve around you. Not everyone has the same preferences, mentality or tastes.

I don't stick to any particular brand. I'm always in search for the value provider. And I'm not CHIFI-phobic.

If there were competent IEMs offerings from Sennheiser or RHA under the 10K INR bracket, I would have gladly suggested. But, these companies are more concerned in looting customers than providing a value-for-money product under the $200 bracket. If CHI-FI brilliance was not there, people would have continued to buy those overpriced items from Senn, Shure, VModa or RHA.

And I'll continue stick to my suggestions for Moondrop Aria & TRI Starsea/Fiio FH3, because these IEMs are actually worth your money, unlike others.

Fellas, I’m looking for a 100$ iem. Till recently, I was contently using samsung akg iem I got with s9plus. After going through the threads here, I finalised ie40 pro which is selling for around 6k on amazon. But, i read somewhere that monitor headphones cause fatigue after few hours, and they have too much treble, and sibilence. Apparently, audiophiles love them and other might not. So, i’m mighty confused. Please help me out!
Heard great things about BLON BL03 and BL05s (latter available at conceptkart). I'd recommend starting with a slightly more affordable pair like these to see if you like them, and move up later on if you crave more. That way you won't regret spending that much money on something you don't like, plus will also get the experience you're looking for.
Be warned though, this hobby is a very slippery slope :)

Last edited:
Firstly, when it comes to IEMs, I don't suggest stuffs that I haven't listened to. I strictly restrict my suggestions to a small group of IEMs that are priced under $200. You'll rarely see me suggesting IEMs over $200 because I don't have much experience with high-end IEMs.

Moreover, why do I feel that you only think your audio suggestions matters and not the others in the forum? Elitist/gatekeeping much?
With all due respect, the world doesn't revolve around you. Not everyone has the same preferences, mentality or tastes.

I don't stick to any particular brand. I'm always in search for the value provider. And I'm not CHIFI-phobic.

If there were competent IEMs offerings from Sennheiser or RHA under the 10K INR bracket, I would have gladly suggested. But, these companies are more concerned in looting customers than providing a value-for-money product under the $200 bracket. If CHI-FI brilliance was not there, people would have continued to buy those overpriced items from Senn, Shure, VModa or RHA.

And I'll continue stick to my suggestions for Moondrop Aria & TRI Starsea/Fiio FH3, because these IEMs are actually worth your money, unlike others.
Right now I'm in India mate, you basically listed pretty much the catalogue of theaudiostore.in
I will ask you the same question once again...ever tried RMA with Moondrop audio?
I absolutely hate the in house sound of Shure and VModa and never recommended them.
Since you own these IEMs, what makes you think someone who may find IE40 Pro bright, will be fine with FH3? I'm fully aware of the nice non peaky treble it has, but the airy treble sounds very bright to most inexperienced ears. Hell even P2 sounds bright to these people.
No, I'm neither of those you accused me of.
12 years ago, I was that guy who wanted an upgrade from bundled IEM and people like you who only reads about IEM,. suggested PFE, I , like an idiot imported one and was shattered that I lost 8-9k ( basically 100 times over my usual budget) over a piece of shit!!
A kind soul here (esantosh) here, bought it from me.
Was PFE a bad IEM? Hell no!! Is it bad for a new person upgrading from bundled stuff? **** yes!!
Now I can afford 5000 EUR customs and throw them away if I don't like them. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy chi-fi. But won't recommend them to someone who has never jumped around their RMA hoops. I will simply recommend him something decent which he can use peacefully for 3 years ( and get a replacement very easily if it breaks)
If this attitude makes me an elitist, sure I'm an elitist.

Right now I'm in India mate, you basically listed pretty much the catalogue of theaudiostore.in
I will ask you the same question once again...ever tried RMA with Moondrop audio?
By your logic, everyone should get a Maruti because they have the widest service chain in India, even though their products are crap.
These days, every IEM is built like a tank - from 1K INR TRN MT1 to 12K INR FH3. Unless you're really bad at handling at your audio gear (I mean really bad), then you shouldn't be in this hobby.
These are not Soundmagic products that last 6 months (even though I still have my PL21 working superbly from 2015.
Since you own these IEMs, what makes you think someone who may find IE40 Pro bright, will be fine with FH3? I'm fully aware of the nice non peaky treble it has, but the airy treble sounds very bright to most inexperienced ears. Hell even P2 sounds bright to these people.
Maybe you should learn to read properly what the customer is trying to ask. He said and I quote, 'But, i read somewhere that monitor headphones cause fatigue after few hours, and they have too much treble, and sibilence. Apparently, audiophiles love them and other might not.'

The customer hasn't even listened to the IEM. It's his prejudice/hearsay, which is definitely not true at all.
The IE40 Pro has a good amount of treble. But, that treble is no where close to what a Balanced Armature produces, such as the Fiio FA1.
So, in this case 'too much' is non-quantifiable and it's varies from ears to ears.
Thereby, instead of educating the customer, you're wasting everyone's time attacking me without any reasons.
No, I'm neither of those you accused me of.
12 years ago, I was that guy who wanted an upgrade from bundled IEM and people like you who only reads about IEM,. suggested PFE, I , like an idiot imported one and was shattered that I lost 8-9k ( basically 100 times over my usual budget) over a piece of shit!!
I started my journey with a Fiio FH1S, which was a $90 IEM when I bought it. And I still love it to this day.
And I came from pretty basic stuff like Soundmagic ES18/PL21 & Philips SHE1350/SHQ1200.
So, maybe you should take your pitchforks elsewhere.

For most people out there, audio is a hobby. Just like gaming.
Now, if you're going to attack everybody else who's opinion doesn't resonate with yours, maybe it's futile to even have this discussion with you.

There is no guarantee that what is advised will always work out, before entering this hobby one should read and learn as much as possible about their likes/dislikes. Advises won't work here as everyone has different taste and everyone hears differently. What I like is no guarantee that other person will also like, hence it is very important to know your ideal signature. Also reading, buying, trying and selling is part of the game and that's what I enjoy the most. Perhaps we should stop fighting like kids and start behaving like a mature person should.

Oh God!! I mixed up @AINDRASIS_GUPTA with some knowledgeable old member from an audio forum and was thinking what the hell has happened to him ( that guy absolutely hates IEMs and is a headphone encyclopaedia!!)
Anyway, sorry mate...I shouldn't even post any reply to any of your posts....as you don't even seen or heard IE40 ( it's indeed treble happy,so much so that Sennheiser had to put a piece of foam in the nozzle to tame the highs)
BTW BA doesn't mean treble happy...other than SE 846 none of Shure BA driver IEMs has treble peaks.
And yes, for people living in India with a limited income, Maruti is a far better and safer option where 1000EUR a month is considered middle income group.
Life is too short to live in an imaginary bubble.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where can we find high quality source files of A.R. Rahman discography preferably in AIFF or any other lossless format.
So got Qobuz subscription today, hearing for the very first time some 24 bit 96 kHz Hi-Res tracks apart from the usual 16 bit 44.1 kHz CD quality on it. MacOS maxes out at 24 bit 96 kHz even though Qobuz client supports upto 24 bit 196 kHz but if we switch to that setting it starts soft decoding instead.

Initial impressions : First thing, tracks are much louder in volume when compared to 320 kbps mp3 found on YouTube Music. Details are very much in your face to the point that it can be overwhelming in a bad way. Reason could be the internal DAC of MacBook which has started showing its weakness here and maybe that's why there is so much fuss about Hi-Res players. To make Hi-Res sound good we need much more powerful dedicated players with good DAC. Don't get me wrong, Hi-Res can be enjoyed with MacBook internal DAC too but music will sound analytical instead, currently I prefer 320 kbps mp3 because it sounds more relaxed and easy. Thinking of getting L&P W2 now sooner than later.

Once the current passes through the coil it's burned, that's it. Listen for a couple of hours and enjoy!
Rest of the burnin is just about tuning your brain, listen to 8-10 days and you'll get accustomed to then new sound.
As for the Bl03, it's is already a favourite amongst many audiophiles.
enjoy your new earphones

Back