Audio Audiophile and gears

So someone recommended these and also read fairly good stuff for this so cheap -

Placed an order. Lets see.
Lol same it was Rs 300 today and have heard great things about it and also was curious.

Also Kind of like to keep 2/3 super cheap but very good sounding buds / iems with me that i can keep wherever or are always tangled or whatever . I have a taotronics bt ones that sound super awesome but also ve monks which are excellent for jogs ( as they are buds and dont isolate so I can hear neaby cars etc ) and I can treat them like trash and have even survived couple of washing machine washes having stayed in my pocket lol.

Hopefully these tcl ones sound good as well , reviews are pretty good and a friend i know has it too and raves about its mic being very clear for calls.

another economical option. It gets rave reviews too.
I am aware of these. Unfortunately I could never get used to earbuds since my college days. I always found them to be uncomfortable and a painful fit.

another economical option. It gets rave reviews too.

Ha just mentioned them in my post , sound great but obv you have to keep expectations limited as they cost like 10$ but if you like buds they are best vfm , but dont expect iem like clarity obviously .

I am aware of these. Unfortunately I could never get used to earbuds since my college days. I always found them to be uncomfortable and a painful fit.

They do come with those ( i am not sure what you call them ) sort of small foam covers than you put on top of earbuds which make them comfortable ( bit like pads for headphones ) . In fact all buds in past used to come with them but earpods dont . They are good when you dont need isolation , also growing up with earbuds that came with my walkamns and old sansa i infact found iems uncomfortbale as I dont like something entereing inside ear canal feeling at all . I do use iems but for prolonged listening i would always prefer headphones or buds . But thats just personal preference i guess.

I know I feel the same.

I was trying to find cheap airpod loops to try to fit those earphones for comfortable wear.

Very cheap on AE. I have ordered a couple to my aunt in the USA, she will be back this week.

Lets see how it works out.

Ha just mentioned them in my post , sound great but obv you have to keep expectations limited as they cost like 10$ but if you like buds they are best vfm , but dont expect iem like clarity obviously .

They do come with those ( i am not sure what you call them ) sort of small foam covers than you put on top of earbuds which make them comfortable ( bit like pads for headphones ) . In fact all buds in past used to come with them but earpods dont . They are good when you dont need isolation , also growing up with earbuds that came with my walkamns and old sansa i infact found iems uncomfortbale as I dont like something entereing inside ear canal feeling at all . I do use iems but for prolonged listening i would always prefer headphones or buds . But thats just personal preference i guess.
Yes the foam cover help a lot in holding them in place & they sound best with foam cover, bass response improves a lot.

I don't like iems & don't own any except the ones that comes with Samsung. I don't use them at all, may be for a minute here & there.

My ears cannot tolerate anything big sitting inside so even with the IEMs, I am finicky. Small ones are fine but these days most of my listening is on headphones especially the Deva or Senn 599SE with big comfy earpads.

Haha! I can't disagree my friend. Of late these are the things I have ended up buying:

JBL104 Monitors
Marantz PM5005 Stereo Amplifier
Auris Blume HD
MICCA MB42 Bookshelf Speakers (2.0, Passive)
FiiO E10K
FiiO M3 Pro
Sennheiser HD599 SE
Wharfedale Linton Heritage (Waiting to get the stereo listening setup done in my new house).

I blame it on post-COVID buying syndrome or maybe it's boredom induced? I don't know... LoL!
Very good speakers you have Linton Heritage.
If you can step up to a better amp you will be able to bring out more of the Lintons.

You will probably have some noise and crackles with the microphone inputs.
Just buy a cheap Behringer interface for the microphones.
View attachment 110925
I'm pretty sure, nothing can sound this beautiful ( with perfectly fine details, balance etc.) in a home portable setup under 500 EUR
(This combination costs around 180 EUR)
If you're stuck at home and planning to buy an IEM...please consider a big cheap planar like this, it sounds MUCH better than 1200 EUR IEMs.

I have
Sennheiser HD 280
Sennheiser HD 598 SE awaiting on earpads
KZ EDX
BLON 03
KZ ZS3

Dragonfly Black
Musiland MU2
Fiio K1
Apple USB C dongle

Does it make any sense to buy the Hifiman Deva, primary listening sources are phone and laptop, would it make a major sound difference/quality

I have
Sennheiser HD 280
KZ EDX
BLON 03
KZ ZS3

Dragonfly Black
Musiland MU2
Fiio K1
Apple USB C dongle

Does it make any sense to buy the Hifiman Deva, primary listening sources are phone and laptop, would it make a major sound difference/quality

I'm in a similar dilemma mate. There is not a single thing I dislike about my Sennheiser HD 599 SE which is why I can't tell if spending on the DEVA will actually make any difference or not! I'm more inclined to picking up a pair of Mission LX-2 speakers for my sitting room instead.

Also, does anyone else here feel fatigued when they use headphones in general? With over the ear cans I generally do well on cooler/ balmy days but on humid evenings keeping cans over my ears makes it unbearable after 15-20 minutes, be it closed back or open back HPs! My ears become all hot and red. This perhaps is the SINGLE reason I have stayed away from headphones unless I'm traveling. At home it's 90% listening on speakers.

I'm in a similar dilemma mate. There is not a single thing I dislike about my Sennheiser HD 599 SE which is why I can't tell if spending on the DEVA will actually make any difference or not! I'm more inclined to picking up a pair of Mission LX-2 speakers for my sitting room instead.

Also, does anyone else here feel fatigued when they use headphones in general? With over the ear cans I generally do well on cooler/ balmy days but on humid evenings keeping cans over my ears makes it unbearable after 15-20 minutes, be it closed back or open back HPs! My ears become all hot and red. This perhaps is the SINGLE reason I have stayed away from headphones unless I'm traveling. At home it's 90% listening on speakers.
Agree, the HD 280 have a very good fit, on a humid day it does kind of become uncomfortable after sometime (~30/45) minutes

No fatigue whatsoever, but can't use after 15-20 mins. Exactly same reason as yours "HEAT", the only reason I refrain myself buying more headphones. Earphones are OK but I'm more inclined towards headphones. So mostly use headphones from late nov to early march or for some quick listening session of 20-40 mins.

I have
Sennheiser HD 280
KZ EDX
BLON 03
KZ ZS3

Dragonfly Black
Musiland MU2
Fiio K1
Apple USB C dongle

When does audiophilia make any sense? I don't even know exactly how many headphones I still have ( not even thinking about the IEMs)
No, it doesn't make sense for a normal guy. But for me it does make a lot of sense ( not having a single planar will keep me up at nights)

When does audiophilia make any sense? I don't even know exactly how many headphones I still have ( not even thinking about the IEMs)
No, it doesn't make sense for a normal guy. But for me it does make a lot of sense ( not having a single planar will keep me up at nights)

LoL! This is exactly the scene with me now except I have way too many speakers at my home now than I need. I know it's a certain kind of madness to buy stuff you don't probably need but the moment it becomes sanity the fun diminishes. It's in the spots of insanity where in lies the enjoyment!

Haha! I can't disagree my friend. Of late these are the things I have ended up buying:

JBL104 Monitors
Marantz PM5005 Stereo Amplifier
Auris Blume HD
MICCA MB42 Bookshelf Speakers (2.0, Passive)
FiiO E10K
FiiO M3 Pro
Sennheiser HD599 SE
Wharfedale Linton Heritage (Waiting to get the stereo listening setup done in my new house).

I blame it on post-COVID buying syndrome or maybe it's boredom induced? I don't know... LoL!
It is probably both.. :)

Any experience with Yamaha hph MT5. Looking for a solid headset more of balanced signature and this one looks be having good reviews

Do you own any planar headphone? If not, get the Deva, yes, Ananda is better...but 400i and Deva are great value for money (in India)
K712 Pro is also great ( so is K702)
But if you have Sennheiser HD 599, you won't find the soundstage that jaw-dropping with most music ( no idea about hindi songs though) it's the movies where they can scare you at times.
And these AKGs do need a little more power compared to Deva/ Ananda ( which is the easiest to drive)
If you are a smart audiophile (unlike me), you should give planars a try. The smartest audiophile has an open dynamic, an open planar, and one non boomy closed back (dynamic/ planar doesn't matter much in closed back world of headphones as the beautiful characteristic of a planar gets lost during the complex manufacturing process to reduce reflection etc.)
TLDR: All the headphones you mentioned are excellent. Buy whatever is the cheapest. Just remember with K712/702 some people miss the central sounds ( everything sounds hard panned to left and right) so audition the AKGs if possible ( shouldn't be very hard, many have the K702)

I currently enjoying my 598SE, recently acquired Samson SR850 :p.
Amp for the time being I will have to live with the Fiio Q10 mII, don't want to invest in amp at the moment.

I do own Venture Monk, enjoy them a lot.

Don't have any planar. I don't own 599.

Do you own any planar headphone? If not, get the Deva, yes, Ananda is better...but 400i and Deva are great value for money (in India)
K712 Pro is also great ( so is K702)
But if you have Sennheiser HD 599, you won't find the soundstage that jaw-dropping with most music ( no idea about hindi songs though) it's the movies where they can scare you at times.
And these AKGs do need a little more power compared to Deva/ Ananda ( which is the easiest to drive)
If you are a smart audiophile (unlike me), you should give planars a try. The smartest audiophile has an open dynamic, an open planar, and one non boomy closed back (dynamic/ planar doesn't matter much in closed back world of headphones as the beautiful characteristic of a planar gets lost during the complex manufacturing process to reduce reflection etc.)
TLDR: All the headphones you mentioned are excellent. Buy whatever is the cheapest. Just remember with K712/702 some people miss the central sounds ( everything sounds hard panned to left and right) so audition the AKGs if possible ( shouldn't be very hard, many have the K702)
The Deva went out of stock and is 4K more expensive on Headphone zone

Back