Audio Audiophile and gears

Yes, I saw Deva being sold in amazon.in for 11-12K, at that price it's a superb deal and was kind of expected to go OOS within minutes.
The 400i 2020 is almost impossible to find anywhere.
However, there's another option available, that usually goes under the radar..the 400SE.
It's definitely not an inferior/ cheaper 400i, except the rubbish cable.
It's possibly a slightly differently tuned 400i with almost identical drivers ( Deva uses a completely different driver)
If I were in India, would have bought the 400SE and a good cable. Can't access amazon.in now, but it was available for around 10k!!
10k for a planar!! Unimaginable even a year ago.
Have/ had all these hifiman planars and can confidently say the 400SE sounds as good as 400i or Deva ( but not sure about the QC issues in them, Hifiman took care of the stupid internal wirings, driver mismatch and flexes in 400i and Deva, since the SE came out later, it should be good too)
Sundara is now in a weird position. It doesn't make much sense to spend 300EUR when you can get very similar sound spending less than half. Of course Sundara sounds more refined, but the difference is not that significant.(Ananda however is completely different, anyone with no experience will pick Ananda everytime from all low to mid range hifimans, I definitely prefer them over the old LCD X for any kind of music, even the modded and "corrected" LCD X Austrian Audio made for me)
BTW, Is Austrian Audio's X65 available in India yet? They were supposed to launch in Asia by July.
It blows Sennheiser's HD600, here, it's available for 350EUR, should be under 30k in India..but if they partner with Headphonezone, it will cost lot more. And after asking Meze, I'm pretty sure, it's not the import duties alone.

HPZ operates with really big profit margin. I forwarded the Meze's email to Raghav..of course he didn't reply (the same guy used to send multiple e-mails daily when I was about to buy a very expensive ibasso or Cayin DAP from them and was undecided)
Try to avoid that website, almost everything is grossly overpriced there and they blame everything on import duties. Hifinage is run by much more honest owners, so is audiostore.in
They are much smaller companies but run by passionate and experienced audiophiles (Raghav and his sidekicks are not even seasoned audiophiles and borderline crooks...their recommendations are jokes, I'm in this hobby long enough and have dealt with MANY dealers in China, Singapore, EU, US and India..Audeze and VModa outside US are the worst manufacturers, HPZ is the worst online store)

I hope Amazon and other small players starts selling more audio gear but until then HPZ is most likely our only option. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

The best audio deals I found so far is on a particular FaceBook group which has excellent audiophile gear on sale.

Well the DEVA went OOS on Amazon. I'm not very sad honestly. Now I can quietly enjoy my HD 599 in peace and not worry about whether I want to pull the trigger or not!

This frees up the funds for the Mission Speakers though... so I'm going to take the plunge soon!

Anyone here using oratory1990 EQ for their headphones? Any idea How it compares to wavelet auto eq?
I'm guessing they should be similar, I like the wavelet auto eq and yet to try the oratory1990 one

I hope Amazon and other small players starts selling more audio gear but until then HPZ is most likely our only option. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

The best audio deals I found so far is on a particular FaceBook group which has excellent audiophile gear on sale.
Which group is that? Link please

HPZ operates with really big profit margin. I forwarded the Meze's email to Raghav..of course he didn't reply (the same guy used to send multiple e-mails daily when I was about to buy a very expensive ibasso or Cayin DAP from them and was undecided)
Try to avoid that website, almost everything is grossly overpriced there and they blame everything on import duties. Hifinage is run by much more honest owners, so is audiostore.in
They are much smaller companies but run by passionate and experienced audiophiles (Raghav and his sidekicks are not even seasoned audiophiles and borderline crooks...their recommendations are jokes, I'm in this hobby long enough and have dealt with MANY dealers in China, Singapore, EU, US and India..Audeze and VModa outside US are the worst manufacturers, HPZ is the worst online store)
I was about to order arias from them.

Chances are less for Amazon but small players are coming close for competition. I've never seen anything like a deal at HPZ. Their return policy is even worse as you'll get only store points. Even if you sell your own item in preowned section its just store credit.
Only thing HPZ is good at is they've got variety and many brands, obviously it happened within past 10 years but certainly they are expensive and asking a premium amount.
Definitely I'll look forward to theaudiostore and hifinage.

Hifinage sells often for less but at the cost of warranty, they've different warranty periods like 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and no warranty.
Yes, I've noticed that mutiple options for warranty. It's like an advantage for me saving more (selection 1 month warranty or no warranty) while buying some 1-2k INR chi-fi item or accessory.
they were selling that popular tinfi or blon earphones the cheapest may be 2k with 1 month warranty.

If I remember correctly, the owner of hifinage is/ was a member of TE & that shop has quality Xduoo products at the best prices.
Anybody remember his name/ username?

Yes, I've noticed that mutiple options for warranty. It's like an advantage for me saving more (selection 1 month warranty or no warranty) while buying some 1-2k INR chi-fi item or accessory.
they were selling that popular tinfi or blon earphones the cheapest may be 2k with 1 month warranty.
Do chi fi iems rarely fail, making warranty a gimmick?
Blon bl03 right now is cheaper at hpz(with warranty), though the price drop was recent.

Can vouch for theaudiostore and hifinage for what it's worth. Bought tempotec sonata hd pro from the former and xduoo mt-602 from the latter in the span of 2 months, very happy with how things turned out. Fast shipping, courteous and polite people over the phone and no communication gaps. Would highly recommend both.

Do chi fi iems rarely fail, making warranty a gimmick?
Blon bl03 right now is cheaper at hpz(with warranty), though the price drop was recent.
Chi fi iems are nothing special, manufacturers better know about their items as it passes through various quality checks . Things may become faulty but If it works fine initially then may not be an issue if you take care and protect it from humidity. Whatever happens it usually happens within 2-4 days only or after warranty.:laughing:

Chi fi iems are nothing special, manufacturers better know about their items as it passes through various quality checks . Things may become faulty but If it works fine initially then may not be an issue if you take care and protect it from humidity. Whatever happens it usually happens within 2-4 days only or after warranty.:laughing:
I have got blon bl03 and so far ( 6 months) so good. Now I'm thinking of getting tin t2 plus or moondrop arias, any experience with these?

Back