Audio Audiophile and gears

Hello,
I am looking to get an IEM under 2k strictly
I am currently looking into KZ ZSN Pro X and Blon BL-03

Two people I have asked recommendations from reported that their Blons broke after ~7 months and I did some reviews talking bad about their build quality

So, I'm confused on what to get. As far as I understand, Blons have balanced sound but the build quality and fit is a concern
KZs has a nice fit for many, the copper cable is cheap, it has more bass and clear instruments. [according to a Headphone Guru from Headphone Zone]

Please let me know your opinions on this and some recommendations

Edit:
Hearing Blons have bad QC. I could get KZs and try it out. If I don't like it, I can exchange it for Blons [I could get tips later on unless it's expensive for better ones]
Been using Blon bl03 for about a year. Sound great. Still hold up build wise. I guess I got lucky and didn't suffer any fit issues. Other than keeping them in pocket sometimes, I handle them with care.

Edit:
Hearing Blons have bad QC. I could get KZs and try it out. If I don't like it, I can exchange it for Blons [I could get tips later on unless it's expensive for better ones]
They probably did have bad QC, not sure how it is now. In the blon 03 I received, the outer shell split in half because of poor fit just after few days of usage and I had to use glue to put them back together. They still work fine though even after close to 3 years.

Official Announcement :

As per this info - K9pro will feature ESS 9038 *2 and Ltd. Edition will include AKM4499, but official Fiio India showing specifications for K9 pro as 4499 DAC.
I am looking forward to it even it's 9038, I will surely call them before making any purchase.

As per this info - K9pro will feature ESS 9038 *2 and Ltd. Edition will include AKM4499, but official Fiio India showing specifications for K9 pro as 4499 DAC.
I am looking forward to it even it's 9038, I will surely call them before making any purchase.

ESS version still not out in the market, This is all 4499 version which is Flagship DAC from AKM.
About ESS 9038 - I strongly belive K9 will get ‘Q2M’ version which is made for mobile DAC not the ‘Pro’ version which is Flagship from ESS stable for desktop usage (only M17 got it - a burning coal I think)…hense the price will be definitely lower than this. Hope they don’t dare to use two pro chip with completely sealed box with leaner power supply seat just beside it.

About LTD ver & Pro version confusion - they may decide not to call name differently now - as AKM stock get sold out they eventually replace it with 9038 version and priced it low - Plenty of unit to sale, Price much cheaper everybody happy, win win situation for them….what they just did with BTA30 which came first with AKM4490 now came with 9038Q2M - Though they introduced some new functionality which made it complete DAC package with BT receiver / transmitter….hense they named as ‘Pro’ at the end.

Last edited:

Sale starts tomorrow. Some pretty good deals.

Sale starts tomorrow. Some pretty good deals.
Everything seems to be out of my budget...

Just got a pair of Blon Bl03s, man I tried 6-7 eartips that I had lying around and these just don't fit. I finally used the right earbud in the left and vice versa and voila. It fits much much better. I guess I'll have to spend the 700 odd that I saved and just try the spinfit cp100s and see if all the hype was worth it coz honestly my 6pp rupee realmi chapo earbud seem to fit much much better.

Also looking for a less janky cable but with an in-line mic.

Just got a pair of Blon Bl03s, man I tried 6-7 eartips that I had lying around and these just don't fit. I finally used the right earbud in the left and vice versa and voila. It fits much much better. I guess I'll have to spend the 700 odd that I saved and just try the spinfit cp100s and see if all the hype was worth it coz honestly my 6pp rupee realmi chapo earbud seem to fit much much better.

Be careful. The BLON 03 has very rare type of connector. At least mine does. It is the first version.

Agree, i bought CP145, still didn't find the fit that great, maybe need to geet the M one, i got the L one

I was wary of the blons because of fit issues. But luckily they fit fine even with stock tips. I find their sound to be great, vocals and treble aren't overbearing and neither is bass.
Do update us when you get the spinfit tips.

The CP100 seem to be the recommended ones and they are in stock. I usually use the largest tips but with the CP100s they extend in a bit so I'm not sure if the Large size is correct.

Are there any thing cheaper earphones under 1k with mic because I use them a lot to watch movies in OTT platforms & YouTube.
Thanks in advance.

And
Happy Christmas to all
Advanced Happy New Year 2022

Are there any thing cheaper earphones under 1k with mic because I use them a lot to watch movies in OTT platforms & YouTube.
Thanks in advance.

And
Happy Christmas to all
Advanced Happy New Year 2022
If you can sacrifice mic and increse your budget bit by 100, you can’t go wrong with moondrop quarks. If mic is important, there’s a mic version of quarks, but it hasn’t been released in India yet.

Finally Kz zex pro arrived in India. This I think is going to be one of the best tuned iems under 3k.
There aren’t many kzs that exhibit that good harman tuning without spiked treble. This might be it

The only review on theaudiostore mentions these being little sharp. If most KZs are sharp and this one is on the lower side, this makes one very afraid about the actual sharp KZs. Can someone with some experience with KZs pitch in?
If you can sacrifice mic and increse your budget bit by 100, you can’t go wrong with moondrop quarks. If mic is important, there’s a mic version of quarks, but it hasn’t been released in India yet.
+1

The only review on theaudiostore mentions these being little sharp. If most KZs are sharp and this one is on the lower side, this makes one very afraid about the actual sharp KZs. Can someone with some experience with KZs pitch in?
This is the one, not tuned by Kz themselves, but by Crinacle. That’s why no treble spike. Ignore the peak at 8k. It’s due to resonance.

Almost same as Dusk for 1/10th of the price. That’s insane.

Back