Audio Audiophile and gears

If you do not currently have any issues with your desktop/laptop i.e. it is already a good clean source of your audio, then you really do not need one. Maybe better to invest in your speaker upgrade.
I wouldnt say clean , i wanted to express that given that old of speakers ,they are quite good.
Also how much would the entry level dacs be ?

If you are looking for pure DAC, entry level starts at 2-3k (Fiio used to sell but those aren't in stock, you may try in Olx or ask here in the market section) .. I would have suggested getting the Khadas Tone Board (with the case) but its too costly. You can look at getting this cheaper pre-loved DAC. Both have been measured to be quite good. Alternatively if you want to look at full sized Desktop DACs, they usually start at 10-11k and upwards. Do note that my limited suggestions are based on my own limited experience.
I presume you would only be using these as a source for your new powered speakers. If you also want to use any headphones then you would want a combination DAC-AMP with a pre-out and that is a different class of devices.

Last edited:
Complete noob here , i understand what DAC is .. converting digital to analog. I still cant wrap my head around seeing exorbitant prices around DAC.
I have a Tarang 2.1 Speaker(very old) for my desktop and they are doing damn good job , but will be upgrading them soon. I thought what is this DAC , and should i be needing them .. Here are my doubts

1. I do listen to good music occasionally , will DAC world of difference ?
2. As a starter , if i need to get into the world of DAC , what would be the best option ? Given that i will be going for similar 2.1 setup , but with better speakers.. at that time , do i need a DAC ? I will be connecting them to my desktop/laptop audio jack.
3. which input should i use to feed the DAC ? Jack /usb/bluetooth/SPDIF ?

1 , YES and NO, if you have good speakers you will instantly notice a diffrence with a change of DAC, otherwise it wont.
Also a 1500-4000 bucks dongle DAC would be just marginbally better in terms of sonic value.

2. for any audio chain 70% is the speakers, rest is everything else, transport, DAC, Pre-Amp, Cables , Power supply and so on.

first get good speakers ( good actives) else AMP + speakers then move onto DAC, even before you do that make sure your source is good.
you wont notice a world of difference playing youtube.

Guys, I am looking for these specific earphones. Philips Audio Hi-Res Audio PRO6305BK
I just missed it, it was available a week back on amazon for Rs.1600. Now it's out of stock everywhere, seems like obsolete or out of production now.
Can some one suggest some reliable online store where I can buy this item or may be if it's available at someone's nearby local store.
thanks

whats your budget like ? instead of 2.1 focus on a good 2.0 and later when budget permits get DAC/Pre-amp/Sub.
budget 2.1 are usually bloated and the midrange suffers the most.
I know amplifier but what does this DAC do?
Is it like stand alone sound card or what?

I used to use creative sound blaster 5.1 internal pcie sound card long back but later all mobos used to get inbuilt Realtek soundchips so stopped buying those sound blaster sound cards.

As per him, HPZ does not provides invoices for RMAd gear.
The original invoice should still be available ? And you can ask him to share a copy of the RMA request ?
Still that does not imply that the item is fake unless something else gave you that impression.

The original invoice should still be available ?
The original invoice is of different coloured variant
And you can ask him to share a copy of the RMA request ?
Can't. He got banned.
Still that does not imply that the item is fake unless something else gave you that impression.
Doesn't sound as good as people say it should even with perfect fit. Wasn't impressed from Day 1.

Had posted this after testing, when I got it from him
I'm no audiophile by any means. So please pardon my ignorance. Do the equalizer settings need to be tweaked for Blon BL-03? By default, they don't sound any better than sub 1k INR earphones.

The original invoice is of different coloured
You can email HPZ to confirm
Doesn't sound as good as people say it should even with perfect fit. Wasn't impressed from Day 1.
Well it could be down to your preference. It is definitely on the warmish side. When you say it doesn't sound good what do you mean ? Is there anything indicating it is faulty ? Channel mismatch, low audio even at full volume, etc.
The only other thing I can think of is comparing it with another known piece.

Hi..can anyone suggest me some good 2.0 active bookshelf speakers under 35k budget range?
A bit over your budget, but has really good connectivity features and reviews :
(price is 40k, you see the final price after adding to cart)

Back