Audio Audiophile and gears

My set of Audeze penrose X have finally arrived. These are 100mm planar mag.netic wireless gaming headphones from audeze. WIll leave unboxing and first impressions soon

@Synth-Pop Feedback on the edifier TWS?
Edifier x3 to-U
It's a very compact and portable unit with really comfortable earbuds and good passive noise isolation. I Swapped with my other sony eartips which further enhances the comfort level.
Earbuds size is medium. Not the smallest but neither gigantic, still protrudes a little and may hurt if intend to wear while going to sleep.
Absolutely no signal drop whatsoever, Multi point isn't available but can be easily switched to other device once paired. It's not one of those devices which requires bluetooth pairing very often.
Bluetooth coverage is also 5/5 as good as my former Sony 1000XM3.

Battery backup is very good, tested twice.
Connected with my desktop PC (Gigabyte aorus master x570s mobo, bluetooth ver. 5.1 I guess) & played continuously at 90% volume just for testing backup.
It played for 5.5 hrs at 90% volume. First 4.5hrs it reached 34%, and this remaining 34% fall really quick within an hour.

Sound signature - Sound is on the brighter side with good soundstage, Vocals and midrange is really good.
Bass is a little low (not the best for EDM or Hiphop), certainly lacks that punch but still adequate and comes in play when needed.
Highs are just ok only (but I can say good for the price). Treble is detailed but some songs sounded a little metallic and compressed, though using aptx.
aptx is between 300-400kbps ? but It really depends on the source, if we take some HD content highs also sounds good.

Overall I am pleased with this device at this price point. Absolutely worth considering the other aspects too like USB C charging, APTX support etc.
In other countries it sells for US$30 and I got these for Rs. 1732 after discounts, at this price it's a steal.

Comfort 5/5 (but is may be subjective)
Bluetooth Connectivity is 5/5
Battery backup 4.5/5
Passive noise isolation 4/5
Sound quality 4.5/5 (considering the price)
latency - you decide. I've not noticed any lag while watching videos or movies on mobile and desktop. Not tried on youtubeapp but games will surely lag with bluetooth.

I forgot, but I can't comment anything regarding mic as I never use earphones or headphones for calling. Some says it's good some reviewers says its OK.

Looking to purchase a wireless gaming headset.

Budget: < 5k

Requirements:
  • Great audio quality while gaming (mostly FPS & RPG games)
  • Good microphone quality (preferably with volume control, mute button, & detachable mic - good to have, but not absolutely necessary)
  • Decent durability (earcups tearing and cracking is absolutely unacceptable)
  • Willing to compromise on looks and extra comfort (as I rarely have time for extended gaming sessions)

Would appreciate all suggestions and recommendations.
Cheers.

I have an ATH M50x and I use it on my Desktop with a low-end Mobo (Gigabyte h110m) with a really bad audio chip. I had plans to upgrade from 7700 to 12600k but I don't really need an upgrade except for the audio setup.
I sometimes hear crackling sounds in my m50x but when I tested it on my phone it sounds perfectly fine. I've decided to go for a DAC but I have read so many people saying M50x don't really need a DAC unless it's a really good one.

I'm planning to get a E10k because I won't be upgrading my mobo anytime soon. I'm open to DAC suggestions and even looking to buy one of this forum if it fits my budget (5k)

I have an ATH M50x and I use it on my Desktop with a low-end Mobo (Gigabyte h110m) with a really bad audio chip. I had plans to upgrade from 7700 to 12600k but I don't really need an upgrade except for the audio setup.
I sometimes hear crackling sounds in my m50x but when I tested it on my phone it sounds perfectly fine. I've decided to go for a DAC but I have read so many people saying M50x don't really need a DAC unless it's a really good one.

I'm planning to get a E10k because I won't be upgrading my mobo anytime soon. I'm open to DAC suggestions and even looking to buy one of this forum if it fits my budget (5k)
An used Earmen Sparrow, Qudelix 5K or A Lotoo Paw S1 but its bit over your budget

Do you really want to have all the extra weight in the chain. It can be an inconvenience without much benefit.

If there is no power requirement then the phone is enough. If you have doubts on the phone dac then get this and call it a day.

Do you really want to have all the extra weight in the chain. It can be an inconvenience without much benefit.

If there is no power requirement then the phone is enough. If you have doubts on the phone dac then get this and call it a day.

That's just an adapter to be used with type c to 3.5mm

@ibose It does have cirrus logic chip but i didn't feel any difference in that adapter.. i guess for the value it's pretty good but it doesn't compete to akm or sabre dongles for me..

Of course it is not meant to compete with those, but as a DAC it is right there punching much above its weight and is a pretty good suggestion for the requirement mentioned earlier.
To be honest with a company which sells polishing cloths for Rs 1900/- , i dont expect anything high from their Rs 900/- dongle. But thats just me.. M50X does not need an amp right but a dac (Dongle or something like q1 mk2 ) will improve the sound to some extents.. q1 mk2 punches way above the 99$ price

I have been using a DT 770, 32 ohm for nearly 6 years now. I use it on my desktop and motherboard DAC is all it has, never bothered with a dedicated DAC. The motherboard is a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming and it apparently has Realtek ALC1150, is this decent enough?

On the other hand, is there a level up headphone of DT 770? I like the sound, it's detailed, dynamic and V shaped but bass is a bit too much at occasions and so is the treble. Sometime the treble is ear piercing really. But the most uncomfortable thing is the fit. From the very first day I was displeased with how much these hurt my ears, but I tolerated with hope that with time it'll be better, but nope. It's not the clamping force btw, I did the pillow method of extending the metal band for 48 hours, rather it's the dumb shape of the earcups. Our ears are not round, yet Beyer made them totally round! Most other manufacturers have the common sense of making them egg shaped, so they're actually circumaural, but with these it's a hybrid of circumaural and on-ear. Anyhow, the ear cushions are completely worn off now, they were hanging by a thread for a while, now totally came apart.

Anything available in audiophile-grade category which is an upgrade over these? I can spend up to 15k max.

I have been using a DT 770, 32 ohm for nearly 6 years now. I use it on my desktop and motherboard DAC is all it has, never bothered with a dedicated DAC. The motherboard is a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming and it apparently has Realtek ALC1150, is this decent enough?

On the other hand, is there a level up headphone of DT 770? I like the sound, it's detailed, dynamic and V shaped but bass is a bit too much at occasions and so is the treble. Sometime the treble is ear piercing really. But the most uncomfortable thing is the fit. From the very first day I was displeased with how much these hurt my ears, but I tolerated with hope that with time it'll be better, but nope. It's not the clamping force btw, I did the pillow method of extending the metal band for 48 hours, rather it's the dumb shape of the earcups. Our ears are not round, yet Beyer made them totally round! Most other manufacturers have the common sense of making them egg shaped, so they're actually circumaural, but with these it's a hybrid of circumaural and on-ear. Anyhow, the ear cushions are completely worn off now, they were hanging by a thread for a while, now totally came apart.

Anything available in audiophile-grade category which is an upgrade over these? I can spend up to 15k max.
ALC1150 is a codec its not a dac .. DT 770 must need a beginners dac/amp..For comfort meze 99 neo

To be honest with a company which sells polishing cloths for Rs 1900/- , i dont expect anything high from their Rs 900/- dongle. But thats just me.. M50X does not need an amp right but a dac (Dongle or something like q1 mk2 ) will improve the sound to some extents.. q1 mk2 punches way above the 99$ price
I get it, you hate everything Apple .. and you are a subjectivist. To each its own.

I get it, you hate everything Apple .. and you are a subjectivist. To each its own.
Nah..i dont hate everything apple ..even i have owned lot of iphone from 8 plus to 12 pro max but it doesn't change the fact they charge premium ..and regarding the Subjectivism everyone have different ears so what i like you may not like and what you like i may not like..

Back