Audio Audiophile and gears

Nah..i dont hate everything apple ..even i have owned lot of iphone from 8 plus to 12 pro max but it doesn't change the fact they charge premium ..and regarding the Subjectivism everyone have different ears so what i like you may not like and what you like i may not like..
And here I am, having owned just an iPod touch and a SE defending them for a lowly DAC..... everyone has different ears (or preference) but not sure what that has got to do with a DAC, which is supposed to be transparent..

And here I am, having owned just an iPod touch and a SE defending them for a lowly DAC..... everyone has different ears (or preference) but not sure what that has got to do with a DAC, which is supposed to be transparent..
DAC doesn't have anything to do about the sound signature?

And what decide the factors how good or bad that conversion?
Here you go -

Here you go -
So your point is , you just believe in charts or graphs and statistics and value rather than hearing them out?

So your point is , you just believe in charts or graphs and statistics and value rather than hearing them out?
I like to make sure that the measurements bear out what I am actually hearing and it is not just that that my HD6xx is suddenly sounding better with a cup of good coffee..

I like to make sure that the measurements bear out what I am actually hearing and it is not just that that my HD6xx is suddenly sounding better with a cup of good coffee..
Rather than giving the measurements your main priority give the dac/daps some try and listen..i owned various DAPS/ DACS .. sabre chips, r2r chips , akm chips .. each have different sound signature and technicalities based on how well they are implemented.. A Sabre generally sound neutral , analytical and detailed , where a akm chips are warmish, enjoying and lush sounding..burr brown sound detailed with smooth sounding and r2r dac are organic sounding one.. every dac chips have different signature and tonality and if effects the dac sound in respect to how good the chips are implemented and what gear you use it just does convert the signal only..but that does not mean a cheaper dac will sound shit and costly one will sound great...that's what I found after trying different daps/dacs .. but its subjective as you can say..

Rather than giving the measurements your main priority give the dac/daps some try and listen..i owned various DAPS/ DACS .. sabre chips, r2r chips , akm chips .. each have different sound signature and technicalities based on how well they are implemented.. A Sabre generally sound neutral , analytical and detailed , where a akm chips are warmish, enjoying and lush sounding..burr brown sound detailed with smooth sounding and r2r dac are organic sounding one.. every dac chips have different signature and tonality and if effects the dac sound in respect to how good the chips are implemented and what gear you use it just does convert the signal only..but that does not mean a cheaper dac will sound shit and costly one will sound great...that's what I found after trying different daps/dacs .. but its subjective as you can say..
And I appreciate all of this. The only point I was trying to make was that we should not discount a suggestion due to our biases when it is proven to do what it is supposed to.

And I appreciate all of this. The only point I was trying to make was that we should not discount something due to our biases.
I mentioned it already its subjective to myself only ..i maybe am biased about the apple dongle but i am not discouraging others not to buy that.. my point was every gear at every price point have merits and demerits.. as an example if you buy a hd 650 for 22k and use it with your phone , it will sound shit.. drive it through an otl amp like feliks echo and then you can feel the difference.. the stage, the seperation.. 650 will scale accordingly on the amp ..Last i don't hate apple but i don't expect much from them in term of Audiophile grade.. but that's just me .. people can buy whatever suits them ..

ALC1150 is a codec its not a dac .. DT 770 must need a beginners dac/amp..For comfort meze 99 neo
Oh okay. Does the concerned motherboard have any kind of DAC at all? I remember deciding to purchase a DAC but held off at last moment as DACs do not connect through the front audio panel which I love to use for that simulated 7.1 sound.

And thanks for the suggestion on meze, may consider it.

For a pure DAC, only the SNR numbers matter. The better the SNR numbers, the more transparent/non-coloring, it will be. So when comparing 2 different DAC-AMPS (because all of these devices will have some amp section as well), the objective way is to compare the SNR values of the DAC section. Everything else will be subjective, which is also important, but not a way to compare the technical abilities of a DAC.

Oh okay. Does the concerned motherboard have any kind of DAC at all? I remember deciding to purchase a DAC but held off at last moment as DACs do not connect through the front audio panel which I love to use for that simulated 7.1 sound.

And thanks for the suggestion on meze, may consider it.
i doubt yours have one ..some motherboard have some dac chips - Example https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570S-ACE-MAX/Specification
Of course, the motherboard has a DAC. How else is it supporting a 3.5mm jack?

For a pure DAC, only the SNR numbers matter. The better the SNR numbers, the more transparent/non-coloring, it will be. So when comparing 2 different DAC-AMPS (because all of these devices will have some amp section as well), the objective way is to compare the SNR values of the DAC section. Everything else will be subjective, which is also important, but not a way to compare the technical abilities of a DAC.
I don't believe in a DAC OR DAP OR DAC/AMP untill i audition or listen to it ..SNR value of DAC doesn't mean that you will like how does it sound..And when comparing comparing two DAC/AMP you just can't compare the SNR numbers..It's a objective way to compare two dac/amp with SNR but it doesn't help any real-world usage..with different DAC chips and different amps in the amp section the overall sound Signature and technicalities does change..
Of course, the motherboard has a DAC. How else is it supporting a 3.5mm jack?
Ofcourse on paper you can say it have a dac but compared to a USB dac or like xonar stx it miles behind ..it can't drive his beyer dt 770 to full potential..

Last edited:
You had to open the Pandora's box .. didn't you ? ;)

Since this is an audiophile thread I will leave these here -

and

seems like KZ is literally scamming people in the name of multidriver iems. Lol. No wonder almost all their iems sound the same.

I've decided to go with Fiio E10K Unboxed (good as new) for 5k. Will be placing the order now I just need someone who has used it to tell me if it's worth it.

Complete noob here , i understand what DAC is .. converting digital to analog. I still cant wrap my head around seeing exorbitant prices around DAC.
I have a Tarang 2.1 Speaker(very old) for my desktop and they are doing damn good job , but will be upgrading them soon. I thought what is this DAC , and should i be needing them .. Here are my doubts

1. I do listen to good music occasionally , will DAC world of difference ?
2. As a starter , if i need to get into the world of DAC , what would be the best option ? Given that i will be going for similar 2.1 setup , but with better speakers.. at that time , do i need a DAC ? I will be connecting them to my desktop/laptop audio jack.
3. which input should i use to feed the DAC ? Jack /usb/bluetooth/SPDIF ?

Back