Audio Audiophile and gears

Guys, any IEM suggestions in the 6k-7k range which will be an upgrade to KZ ZS10 Pro that I use currently?

Was looking for an upgrade but not sure what will be a good choice considering the vast number of Chi-Fis available these days.

I'm Looking for a new HP. I'm not a audiophile but I enjoy music. My sound source is primarily LG V20 and sometimes a Note 20 Ultra. I've already ordered a Qudelix 5K which is on the way.

Till now I was using IEMs (KZ ones) and TWS .

I had a OKCSC ZX1 too. Although it was enjoyable with some eq but it was uncomfortable. So stopped using it. Planning to mod it with Brainwaivz sheepskin pads.

I'm not a basshead but like bass as a part of balanced music. I prefer wide soundstage and natural sounding HP which are not too bright. From my initial research I've finalized into open backs. Shortlisted a used Hifiman HE400se and a new ATH r70x.

So please suggest some good sounding HP within max 20-25K. Must be very comfortable too.

I ordered from Ubuy which is on the way. Not found anywhere in stock in India.
R70x and he400se need serious amplification to sound good. Try to demo the headphones before purchasing if there is a chance.

Consider meze 99 classic and shure headphones if you can get them under your budget.

Guys, any IEM suggestions in the 6k-7k range which will be an upgrade to KZ ZS10 Pro that I use currently?

Was looking for an upgrade but not sure what will be a good choice considering the vast number of Chi-Fis available these days.
If you are looking for a TWS then I have a Lypertek Tevi. In my so far amateur ears it's excellent. Available on Headphonezone
R70x and he400se need serious amplification to sound good. Try to demo the headphones before purchasing if there is a chance.

Consider meze 99 classic and shure headphones if you can get them under your budget.
Is it possible to get HP auditioned in Delhi? I heard that the Qudelix is sufficient for delivering the power. Isn't it so?
Meze 99 is surlely much above my budget which is already stretched.
What I prefer is to buy two headphones of slight different sound signature in my budget rather than buying one.

I'm Looking for a new HP. I'm not a audiophile but I enjoy music. My sound source is primarily LG V20 and sometimes a Note 20 Ultra. I've already ordered a Qudelix 5K which is on the way.

Till now I was using IEMs (KZ ones) and TWS .

I had a OKCSC ZX1 too. Although it was enjoyable with some eq but it was uncomfortable. So stopped using it. Planning to mod it with Brainwaivz sheepskin pads.

I'm not a basshead but like bass as a part of balanced music. I prefer wide soundstage and natural sounding HP which are not too bright. From my initial research I've finalized into open backs. Shortlisted a used Hifiman HE400se and a new ATH r70x.

So please suggest some good sounding HP within max 20-25K. Must be very comfortable too.

I ordered from Ubuy which is on the way. Not found anywhere in stock in India.
R70x is an excellent choice but it needs good amplification. you can also consider akg 712 Pro.
If you're ok with pre-owned, can also try the Sennheiser 6xxx series.

If you are looking for a TWS then I have a Lypertek Tevi. In my so far amateur ears it's excellent. Available on Headphonezone

Is it possible to get HP auditioned in Delhi? I heard that the Qudelix is sufficient for delivering the power. Isn't it so?
What I prefer is to buy two headphones of slight different sound signature in my budget rather than buying one.
Quadelix 5k is not enough to drive 470 ohm r70x and he400se of 91 db sensitivity.

You can try to get pre owned headphones to get some relaxation in price.
I dont know about any demo places in delhi. headphonezone conducts headphone connect events in delhi but dont know when is the next one. Last one was in june. You can try visiting any audiophiles in your area for a short demo.
R70x is an excellent choice but it needs good amplification. you can also consider akg 712 Pro.
If you're ok with pre-owned, can also try the Sennheiser 6xxx series.
@tech.addict , K712 has wide sound stage and more of a neutral bright tuning as per users and 6xx sound so warm and intimate in my experience. I think they complement each other well and can be obtained for less money in pre owned market. ( you said you need two headphones of different tuning)

Last edited:

I already have a tws, was looking for a good wired IEM

Qudelix is Ok for r70x but with a powerful amp it will be much better. Sennheisers are more relaxed and warm sounding.
All these are good headphones but personally I'll go with R70x. It has a hint of warmthness but a notch less than Sennheiser.
AKG 712 pro is also praised my many but I believe it's build quality is mediocre for the price we pay, no clue about after sales support.
R70x comes with 3 years of warranty and Sennheiser provides 2years only if I am not wrong, but Sennheiser's customer support is commendable and not to forget the resale value.

Thanks. I'm getting a quote of 19k for r70x in Delhi. Let me see what can be done.

In the meantime please keep the suggestion pouring. I also have good offer on a used he400se, a dt770 pro (not open back though), also someone is selling a Deva not pro in the forum from NCR.

Anything from the above?

Thanks. I'm getting a quote of 19k for r70x in Delhi. Let me see what can be done.

In the meantime please keep the suggestion pouring. I also have good offer on a used he400se, a dt770 pro (not open back though), also someone is selling a Deva not pro in the forum from NCR.

Anything from the above?
I would suggest go for open backs if you are going for that high of a budget. Anything below 8k and i would suggest the dt770 pro but beyond that for sure the he400se

19k is good price for r70x.
You can avoid this closed back DT 770.
He400se is neutral to a hint bright sounding if we compare it to slightly warmer sounding Deva.
It's your choice you have to decide but you cant go wrong with audio technica.

As this link the Qudelix is sufficient do drive the r70X.
Ok, but if you can get a chance to try r70x with any other more powerfull and matching amplifiers ( especially otl tube amp) dont miss that.
I had an HE4XX before and i agree with @Synth-Pop for his description on he400se assuming both 4xx and 400se sound similar.
People say, if you dont hear good bass with he400i then you are not driving it well.

Any idea about the AKG 612?
In the head-fi I was reading good things about isk mdh 9000 clones and yeona which are rebranded as Oneodio later. Anyone used the Oneodio studio pro series headphones which are available for around 3.5 k as a backup?

So , while i mostly use open back headphones with portas and grados sr60 being my daily drivers and having quite a few other high end open backs , I ended up trying a friend's senn HD 25 other day and surprisingly singly liked the sound quite a bit ( as I generally don't like closed back headphones ).

Any idea what price do HD25's go for on sale generally ? I would mind picking em up for right price as my closed back pair of headphones for when I need some isolation once in a while !

So , while i mostly use open back headphones with portas and grados sr60 being my daily drivers and having quite a few other high end open backs , I ended up trying a friend's senn HD 25 other day and surprisingly singly liked the sound quite a bit ( as I generally don't like closed back headphones ).

Any idea what price do HD25's go for on sale generally ? I would mind picking em up for right price as my closed back pair of headphones for when I need some isolation once in a while !
Had seen a pair for sale at 8k on amazon. But i think the DT770 is better if you can get at that price point.

Back