Audio Audiophile and gears

Help me buy this...
HAT-DAC-P_b-800x800.jpg

not available with the above 3 sites.
I saw one or two websites with stock but dont know anything about them.
Digikey.in
Tanotics.com

One another option is to find any firms or lecturers who do project works for engineering, bachelors degree or post graduation students and ask them.

I saw one or two websites with stock but dont know anything about them.
Digikey.in
Tanotics.com

One another option is to find any firms or lecturers who do project works for engineering, bachelors degree or post graduation students and ask them.
Will check them out., Tanotis is an shipper./

My kz zsn pros that I've been using for almost 3 years now, finally decided to retire them (only left side has survived now lmao)

Any new recommendations?
I mostly use my earphones for everything from just using them casually at home, to commute from work to home walking connected to my phone and to use them for calls as well as a mic on my desktop (using a splitter cable)

Genres of music I listen to are - Well everything, not old enough yet to be a one genre guy :p but I enjoy all types of songs. However to be more specific, currently listen to hip hop (from kanye to yeat). One thing I didn't like about my kz zsns was the apparent lack of bass compared to my previous pair (beyerdynamic byrons)

Been looking into the new chifi and surprisingly enough it seems much hasn't changed (in my eyes)

Blon 03 still seems to be controversial, some saying it's the best at it's price range and beats many above it's weight while some say it's a pain with it's cheap wires and stock eartips (while the kz zsn pro tips do fit me and will maybe fit the blons well? I feel like I'll go crazy wondering whether the blons fit me properly and whether I'm getting the absolute best fit for sound)

Moondrop chu? These weren't around back in 2019 and I'm surprised to see many people like it, don't seem to hear crazy praises like the blons but everyone seems to be saying it's really good for its price. However their metal build (weight) and build quality seems to be fairly bad according to many people and break quite easily

Soundmagic E10c/E11C - These were the earphones that I compared long back along with the byrons, eventually bought the byrons (which I absolutely loved wish they would come back). Heard these are a V signature which are fun sounding whereass the 11c is more balanced?

Some wireless headphones/earphones from amazon (boat etc etc) - Might just say screw it and buy one of these, they seem convenient to use and I might not have to clean my eartips every now and then. Tried a friend's cheap 1k wireless earphones ones and they honestly aren't as bad as I thought it would be

Any help is appreciated guys!
Thank you!!

My kz zsn pros that I've been using for almost 3 years now, finally decided to retire them (only left side has survived now lmao)

Any new recommendations?
I mostly use my earphones for everything from just using them casually at home, to commute from work to home walking connected to my phone and to use them for calls as well as a mic on my desktop (using a splitter cable)

Genres of music I listen to are - Well everything, not old enough yet to be a one genre guy :p but I enjoy all types of songs. However to be more specific, currently listen to hip hop (from kanye to yeat). One thing I didn't like about my kz zsns was the apparent lack of bass compared to my previous pair (beyerdynamic byrons)

Been looking into the new chifi and surprisingly enough it seems much hasn't changed (in my eyes)

Blon 03 still seems to be controversial, some saying it's the best at it's price range and beats many above it's weight while some say it's a pain with it's cheap wires and stock eartips (while the kz zsn pro tips do fit me and will maybe fit the blons well? I feel like I'll go crazy wondering whether the blons fit me properly and whether I'm getting the absolute best fit for sound)

Moondrop chu? These weren't around back in 2019 and I'm surprised to see many people like it, don't seem to hear crazy praises like the blons but everyone seems to be saying it's really good for its price. However their metal build (weight) and build quality seems to be fairly bad according to many people and break quite easily

Soundmagic E10c/E11C - These were the earphones that I compared long back along with the byrons, eventually bought the byrons (which I absolutely loved wish they would come back). Heard these are a V signature which are fun sounding whereass the 11c is more balanced?

Some wireless headphones/earphones from amazon (boat etc etc) - Might just say screw it and buy one of these, they seem convenient to use and I might not have to clean my eartips every now and then. Tried a friend's cheap 1k wireless earphones ones and they honestly aren't as bad as I thought it would be

Thank you!!
Yes Soundmagic E10c/E11C are good very good but nowadays they are not coming with good quality.
I think anybody who wants below 1k can go and search from here: https://www.headphonezone.in/collec...l&filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=1000

Yes Soundmagic E10c/E11C are good very good but nowadays they are not coming with good quality.
I think anybody who wants below 1k can go and search from here: https://www.headphonezone.in/collec...l&filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=1000
I appreciate the response
This has unfortunately dropped me into a rabbit hole of chifi earbuds now lmao. The monks plus are kinda interesting me ngl
Edit :-

Said screw it, bought the blon 03. Should arrive by wednesday or thursday. How do I know that I have a good seal/ fit on these blons once I get them again guys? and what do most of the reviewers mean by cable quality? It does not affect the sound quality right?

Last edited:
This has unfortunately dropped me into a rabbit hole of chifi earbuds now lmao. The monks plus are kinda interesting me ngl

Said screw it, bought the blon 03. Should arrive by wednesday or thursday. How do I know that I have a good seal/ fit on these blons once I get them again guys? and what do most of the reviewers mean by cable quality? It does not affect the sound quality right?
In my experience blon ear tips will be a proboem if you are not comfortable with shallow fit. If fit gets tricky then try the longer eartip which is also provided in the box.
BL03 has very thin very tangly kimd of cable. Very hard to manage. That permanent ear hook and tangling makes it so annoying to use. A cable upgrade is highly recommended. And make sure you are getting a good seal in the ears too.

In my experience blon ear tips will be a proboem if you are not comfortable with shallow fit. If fit gets tricky then try the longer eartip which is also provided in the box.
BL03 has very thin very tangly kimd of cable. Very hard to manage. That permanent ear hook and tangling makes it so annoying to use. A cable upgrade is highly recommended. And make sure you are getting a good seal in the ears too.
I'm kinda used to using kz cables, if it's anything like that then I can manage but once if it does break I'll upgrade it.
I heard spinfit tips are good for bl03, is there any place where I can get it cheaper tho?

I'm kinda used to using kz cables, if it's anything like that then I can manage but once if it does break I'll upgrade it.
I heard spinfit tips are good for bl03, is there any place where I can get it cheaper tho?
No way to get those cheaper unless you want pre owned one.
Kz cable is thicker and less tangly than bl03 cable.

Blons are safest bet at 2k, they sound warm, have good bass. The only thing that is not ideal is the fit, some people have decent fit and some don't. If you like blon bl03 but don't like the fit you can go for hbb mele. They cost around 4k, and improve everything over blons.

I have Fiio E10K amp+dac
Was thinking of getting DT770 PRO 80ohms version.

I currently have blon bl03 and they sound very good but lack bass.
Main usage: spotify, movies, tv shows, twitch and FLAC songs

So went to Headphone Connect Delhi event last month, tried nearly all major brands that are available in India. Most of the stuff was pretty average and over-hyped to my surprise but some things that really stood out was Susvara, HE1000SE, Arya, LCD-4Z, Stellia and Fiio M17. Some of the big let downs were LCD 5, HD800S/HD820, Clear MG, most TOTL IEMs and AK stuff.

They also arranged some delicious snacks and drinks at Taj Palace, pretty cool afternoon on a hot day I must say.

Last edited:

Any new recommendations?

Thank you!!
I had those soundmagic ones, no comparison to BLONs. Get it, you'll find out.

Alright I'm sleepy so I'll just do a terrible quick review

Got the blons from headphonezone within a day (chennai to bangalore)

Immediate expressions :-
Cable : - You guys weren't joking about the cable being cheap, it is worse than my KZ Zsn stock ones but it is still usable imo, however I was surprised by how hard I would have to push them into the connector for it to fit snugly after I realise they were dangling loose after seeing pics from headfi. Bloody dropped the right unit on the floor and was so worried I already broke them but nah build quality is really good.
Eartips :- Dogshit lmao, thankfully the kz stock tips that I bought from a year ago fit me well and fit these ones well too so got a good fit, tried these on with the stock L size and jeez it sounded bad

Sound :- I'm honestly not too good at saying "AH THE HIGHS ARE RIGHT THERE" or the vocals are "FORWARD MOVING". I feel like I understand what these terms mean by other reviewers but at the same time I absolutely don't so I'll just use layman terms here

Bass :- It is not boomy as I thought it would be like my age old byrons, listening to blind-korn, that thump was missing that I remember hearing pretty well on my byrons from years back. HOWEVER, the bassline on any song is just so clear and smooth it's so relaxing and pleasing to listen to. Audioslave like a stone (while not the best example), that bassline that occurs during the verses, I didn't even know it existed

Mids? Guitar? - Oh wow these really make you feel that metal dusty feeling on those guitar strings, I assume this is what they meant by the tonality on these IEMs. Vocals also sound absolutely wonderful. And finger snaps sound like finger snaps right in front of you

Highs :- Ding dish dash idk it sounds good here as well

Something which I suppose is due to the warm sound as many here said, when a song does start getting fast or chaotic, still sound quite laidback almost, just a small little thing I've noticed (or I'm too sleepy and it's the first day of my ears getting adjusted)

Still great earphones, however I wish I didn't watch any iem review video because now for no reason needed youtube is recommending me crinacle vids and I for some reason wish I heard about CCA CRA a bit earlier since they seem to be cheaper lol.

Thank you for reading my terrible review
Edit :- Have to add, the mic on the stock is terrible compared to the KZ ones tho, KZ ones are crystal clear whereas the ones on this blon stock cable is just slightly better than a TWS mic

Last edited:
Back