AutoBiography of Dhoni for 1 RS

I can still see it for Rs 1.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys who got multiple copies for rs 0; I wonder why it said only 1 copy per user, but anyways this DEAL is EPIC.

^^ my payment was also showing the same " Payment declined by the bank" . I made payment using HDFC netbanking.. Now it is showing "order being processed"

madnav said:
im betting that this book will be full of Ads from all the brands that he endorses.

This is just another yellow pages.

Hahahaha!!! I like this... Yellow Pages!!! Lolzzz :rofl:
intacto said:
^^ true..could be..lol.....nehal clarify?? wht is it all abt....hope its no abt the list of brands he advertises or how he got these offers :p
^^ I dunno as of yet mate!! I am not into cricket at all. I may not even read it. It's for friends who go mad for Dhoni!! :p

But I saw the book and it's not having any Ads or sponsorships! But I have a feeling that Dhoni may have actually paid Indiaplaza for getting this book circulated!!

See, my estimations & calculations tell me this:

The Book has an MRP of Rs.150/-. I have a feeling that the Actual printing cost will be close to 20% of this i.e. Rs.30/- for bulk printing.

Shipping would take another Rs.30/- (max) for a bulk contract with the shipping companies.

So, total price comes to about Rs.60/- (which again IMHO is a much higher estimation).

So, if Dhoni pays Indiaplaza Rs.60 Lakh (Maybe even More) (which is like a 5 second add for him!!), he can reach 10,00,00 people!!

Also, as each buyer pays 1 ruppee for the book, the total expense comes to like 59 Lakh (60 Lakh - 1 Lakh) - I am not considering the payment issues that have cropped up. :p

Now, that means he gets to tell 10,00,00 people how great he is and Indiaplaza gets 10,00,00 new prospective customers whose inboxes they can spam with silly offers!! (Just got a stupid blackberry offer from them)!!

With all the world cup hype going on, I guess Dhoni may have made an attempt to get 10,00,00 (or more!!) Fans that are sophisticated (well, I assume readers are sophisticated!!) and will not be willing to kill him if and when he ill performs in the World Cup!! :rofl:

EDIT: I had messed up with the calculations due to extra Zeroes... :p Hope I corrected it now!! :rofl:

I advice selling these before world cup ends.

or you will have to sell these to raddi-wala.

ohh wait, raddi-walla will fetch you more :p !!

techno_guy said:
how much time do they take for shipping and delivery ?

and do they send tracking details via sms ?
courier name is updated on their website. No tracking details as such. I ordered on friday and received today. It may have come early to courier guys but since mine was office address they delivered today.

Epic deal, tried with SBI debit card , then it directs me to https://www.citibank.co.in/PgJsps/PGTransErrorFrameNew.jsp After loading for few minutes opera says cannot connect to server, WTF

finally got this error:
Your transaction could not be processed due to one of the following reasons:

You have used the Back / Forward / Refresh button on your Browser.
Your cookies may be disabled.
Your session has been expired.
You may be using same browser for different transactions.
Your transaction has been timed out due to inactive.

While others have received it through Blue Dart/First flight/ deccan 360, my book has been sent by some ICL, the tracking also does not work there, my rupee one has gone down the drain :( :p

EDIT: UPDATE: the book just arrived, nicely packed, and a bookmark free too, Indiaplaza, you rule :) 8)

madnav said:
now will anyone take the pride of scanning and putting it up as a pdf for others to enjoy the deal? :p :lol:
Well. I am doing my bit have informed everyone in my team and everyone is ordering too :hap2:

Back