While I didnt like the story , but The CGI is the best I've ever seen! The merging of CGI Pendora and Real Stuff is flawless!! 3D effect just adds to the beauty! Thank GOd , JC didnt go for IN YOUR FACE 3d!It's prefect!

$237 million as Production Costs, with additional $150 million for promotion

237 Million - INR 1110 Crores (@ 1 $ = 46.5 INR)

150 Million - INR 700 Crores [didnt know promotion would take 150 million US $'s. Anyways that is what i read]

INR 1810 Crores (somewhere less than 1900 Crores).

Chennai viewers - 3D Views only available at Satyam and INOX, City Centre. Rest all 2D.

One thing i didnt like about the 3 D view is the video / picture quality of 3 D movie. I believe that is the best 3D movie can deliver.

Have to grab a DVD.:hap2:

Still not able to watch it.. All tickets booked this weekend in Satyam, Chennai.. Had to wait for a few more days.. Wish I could watch in Imax.. Missing hyd :(

This movie is "The best".
Storywise - Very standard sci-fi
Visuals and conceptualization - 11/10

The alien nav'vi world is beautifully shown and very well rendered. Nowhere does it look fake. After all it's done by Weta Digital, the same dude responsible for the wonderful Lord of the Rings movie.

Unfortunately I cannot find any good wallpapers of the nav'vi world anywhere. Just the main characters.

The Nav'vi inhabitants comceptualization is majorly influenced by...
1. African culture (the look, the rituals, the lankiness & height of the characters)
2. Native red-Indians (indicated in the scene where they thank their world for giving the flesh of the creature that the main character kills)
3. Underwater creatures. This is very apparent every where in nav'vi, the colours used, the transparent creatures, light emitting from them...beautiful!

guys, am planning to go to IMAX Wadala for Avatar, problem is dont know how to reach the place.
I live in Nashik, and havent been to those parts of mumbai before. A few directions and tips please:D

^^

1: get down at Kurla-east, then

2a: autorickshaw for anik depot till highway, you'll need to walk to theater hardly 0.5km.

2b: board best bus# 59, directly to IMax wadala.

About the story, as someone in IMDB said

"Th story could've gone in 5 different directions in third act of the film, all equally predictable"

eggman said:
About the story, as someone in IMDB said
"Th story could've gone in 5 different directions in third act of the film, all equally predictable"

for me its not about the story at all i ve seen the movie twice and what made me like the movie is how cameron made me care about the navi's and how beautifull the world of pandora has been constructed and awesome ost from james horner

At last got the tickets :hap2: Going to watch in Satyam, Chennai tomorrow. Booked on wednesday night at 00-00 and still got the second row from front :( Tried to save 10 bucks and allowed the system to choose the seats.. Will there be any problem on watching this 3-D movie from so close???? :S Hope i dont miss the full fun.

Back