PC Peripherals Avoid Transcend products!

Spectre

Skilled
I was at Accel Frontline (Chennai HO) yesterday to submit a 2.5 AL housing

For everyone who came for transcend RMA ( RAM, pendrive, HDD etc) they were told it would take minimum 45 days for RMA :mad:

This is ridiculous, especially for the RAM. Now, someone who's RAM is dead is a goner

If some dealer here has good connections with Transcend India - Please email them and inform their service state

on the side note: for Kingston products, its 30 days

For Seagate, they were saying 2 weeks

Re: Avoid Transcend products

Same thing is happening in Kolkata

I hate to say this but Zion Ram RMA happens hand to hand on the spot if your Ram is faulty

so does corsair or ocz for that matter--zebronics / top notch handle ocz and a friend got his ram back in under 2 days.

corsair is right on the desk replacement.

i have given an transcend 4gb pendrive on 12th nov and there is no information till now. on calling they dont pickup the phones.

I have to travel all the way 1:30 hr journey to accel frontline for knowing the status, just to know that it has not yet come and will take another week to 10 days. this is their standard reply.

my dealer has been saying me right from last january that not to purchase any transcend products as there will be warranty issues. cuz the company is not present officially in india but it is represented thru dealers.

god knows what are they up to ?

I assume Transcend RAMs are the most commonly used/recommended by members here. But 45 days for RMA is really unacceptable. It just forces us to go in for a new stick for RAM than wait for RMA

Could someone please reconfirm the RMA period for the RAMs ? If this is the case then I guess it makes sense to go in for Corsair even if its a little bit more expensive.

Believe it or not, anything with "Accel Frontline" other than Seagate is totally screwed at service level.. one of the most pathetic third party service channels in INDIA. They screwed sony ericsson too.. now SE has revoked the service from them..

haha!

Accel Frontline.. Even their Seagate RMA is messed up.. I had to change 4 drives in order to get a semi working drive now.. :( my main rig was off for a good 3 months casue my Drives were at RMA..

But accel has a great service record with seagate and kingston. And any ways transcend product are not of quality they used to be. Their pen drives ( V series) is ultimate dabba, worse than the chinese oem counterparts.

bigbyte said:
But accel has a great service record with seagate and kingston. And any ways transcend product are not of quality they used to be. Their pen drives ( V series) is ultimate dabba, worse than the chinese oem counterparts.

Yeah Seagate is fine,considering the volume of RMAs that come up each day

The one good thing they did now was separate the counters for Seagate from the rest

But transcend RMA period is really ridiculous, same with Kingston - 30 days

imagine a guy going there with a faulty RAM

I wont go for a Transcend RAM if this is the case in future as well

Yep, a certain dealer was cribbing to me about how Transcend support really sucks. I had bad sectors on an external HDD, and he said Transcend will just plug it in; if the drive is detected its fine according to them - no drive sector tests, nothing. Asked me to write a mail to Transcend as well. Guess we should take that up seriously.

Seagate is fine. They say 2 weeks, but had it ready much earlier than that.

While Seagate's RMA procedure with Accel Frontline is fine so far, I still prefer WDs "pickup and delivery" HDD replacement service model. I don't know of many firms that care so much for a customer after he has bought a product. I may have faced problems once with their RMA but for RMA of my 2nd WD Raptor HDD, the experience was very good. I don't get this kind of service anywhere and I'm quite pleased with it.

IIRC, WD was in serious problems some 3-4 years ago. It's amazing how a good product + service model can turn the company around.

^ i would really talk in to this with transcend and forward the same. the only reason they shifted to accel frontline was to avoid the whole dealer thing and have better services, .

Even verbatim we were briefed 2 weeks time frame unless something is totally out of stock at the backend via accel frontline service.

mediahome.in said:
^ i would really talk in to this with transcend and forward the same. the only reason they shifted to accel frontline was to avoid the whole dealer thing and have better services, .

Even verbatim we were briefed 2 weeks time frame unless something is totally out of stock at the backend via accel frontline service.

That would be great Anuj :hap2:

atleast we have someone here to take this up, hope something better works out

But here, I think the problem lies with Transcend rather than Accel

When people ask why it takes so many days, they say its due to transcend policies and they cant do much abt that

I am now seriously reconsidering getting Transcend RAMs for my future upgrades or suggesting to my friends, if something happens, waiting with a non-working PC for 45 days is just too much

I have a transcend 320g external hdd which doesn't write data after a few GBs ( i checked the wire, connection etc everything, even quick formatted it because for some reason my pc shows an error while full formatting it).

My local retailer (in Mumbai) informed me that he had sent another customer's harddisk to Accel Frontline and it had still not returned since more than 40 days. And then i came across this post which seconded the fact.

my warranty period expires in mid jan. considering this urgency, i would like to know if i there is some way i could get past this problem (what is it by the way?) on my own or do i have to send it to those clumsy service guys or could any local repair guy do it?

^ Had exactly the same issue. Your disk is dying. There's no option but to send it in for replacement. As long as you give it in before your warranty expires, you should be fine.

For the record, my drive has been sitting in RMA for a whopping 3 months :D

^^Doubtful if a local technician can service it. In any case if the warranty's expired, why don't you try opening the casing and find out what internal SATA drive they've used - Transcend for sure does NOT manufacture internal drives. So it should boil down to Hitachi, Samsung, Seagate, WD or a Fujitsu.

Perhaps (most of the time - NO!) you could try claiming the warranty for the OEM internal drive.

Use this option if the drive's bricked and there's no way to service it.

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ Had exactly the same issue. Your disk is dying. There's no option but to send it in for replacement. As long as you give it in before your warranty expires, you should be fine.

For the record, my drive has been sitting in RMA for a whopping 3 months :D

Firstly thanks for the prompt reply. Ok then i guess service centre is the only option.

BTW 3 months a loooooooooong time dude! How do you manage to keep your cool with those Accel guys??

^^Doubtful if a local technician can service it. In any case if the warranty's expired, why don't you try opening the casing and find out what internal SATA drive they've used - Transcend for sure does NOT manufacture internal drives. So it should boil down to Hitachi, Samsung, Seagate, WD or a Fujitsu.

Perhaps (most of the time - NO!) you could try claiming the warranty for the OEM internal drive.

Use this option if the drive's bricked and there's no way to service it.

I could try that if Transcend does not replace my HDD.

If i knew Transcend did not manufacture internal drives i would have bought the bit costlier WD!:(:(

manekbhavin said:
I have a transcend 320g external hdd which doesn't write data after a few GBs ( i checked the wire, connection etc everything, even quick formatted it because for some reason my pc shows an error while full formatting it).

My local retailer (in Mumbai) informed me that he had sent another customer's harddisk to Accel Frontline and it had still not returned since more than 40 days. And then i came across this post which seconded the fact.

my warranty period expires in mid jan. considering this urgency, i would like to know if i there is some way i could get past this problem (what is it by the way?) on my own or do i have to send it to those clumsy service guys or could any local repair guy do it?

that is a general reason when the shop keepers want to avoid handling the rma between customer and the service provider.
approach accel frontline directly. dont wait n watch your drive's warranty expire.

Back