PC Peripherals Avoid Transcend products!

As of today, Accel is not accepting Transcend "inward" ( their words ) products. Lost half a day. To add to it they have posted two e-mail address at Transcend tw where you could complain.

PoBoy said:
As of today, Accel is not accepting Transcend "inward" ( their words ) products. Lost half a day. To add to it they have posted two e-mail address at Transcend tw where you could complain.

could you please elaborate a little more on this?

any reason why they would not accept?
anyways i found the staff (atleast the people who accept and issue replacement material) very arrogant and unwilling to be clear.

The notice said something to the effect that Accel was not receiving sufficient stocks from Transcend, or something of the sort.

My mail to Transcend & Accel :
To : A.Jecintho Jarald, AccelFrontLine.
CC : Darren_Lin, Gordon_Wu, Transcend.

I took half a days leave so that I could RMA the Transcend memory. When I reached the Accelfrontline service centre I was greeted by a notice that said that Accel was no longer accepting Transcend products for RMA. I'm really surprised that Transcend has such bad customer service. Guess I'll have to stick to Corsair from now on - and I'll spread the word.

From Transcend :
This is a miscommunication. Now service is suspended due to system upgrade and internal auditing.
Service will be started on Jan 15th after.
Sorry for the disturbance happened on you

BR
Darren

From Accel :
Dear Customer,
Yes, we will start accept products once all internal formalities complete.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Regards,
Sasikumar.A

Good ? Funny part is - just a few days back Accel told me this :
Here i am sending all my service center address , Pls visit your nearest branch ...
Thanks & Regards
A.Jecintho Jarald
He could have told me to wait until the 15th.

madnav said:
bill is not required and you can either approach accel directly or go via your retailer... in either case the rma will be handled by accel, thus you can save your time by approaching them directly.

If your product shows up here you can claim warranty :
Welcome to Transcend Website

Don't believe Prime BS that Transcend memory has only 3 year warranty.

When contacting Transcend do that first, and mention the serial number - they will ask for it anyway before responding.

shouldn't we stop advising transcend RAM

Hi,

Referring to Avoid Transcend products thread. Also, I had talks with local dealers here. Transcend does have RMA woes and pathic after sales service.Which Means is people having transcend products and buying new ones will have lot of problems on later stage.still, I see most people in TE recommend Transcend Rams freely.I think people should stop advising transcent products till Transcend USA improves its service. is not, then decreasing sales will put pressure on them to do so:)

Its important because people blindly follow advise given in the forum and may get into trouble with their transcend products later;)

Re: shouldn't we stop advising transcend RAM

heard about d pathetic service of transcend in some thread at te and this time i avoided transcend, bought kingston instead.. the dealer didn't have transcend at dat time and he advised that kingston is better than transcend.. :cool2:

I just happened to give one of the Transcend rams modules i purchased in Sep 09 for a replacement yesterday, dunno if i will get a replacement without any issues anyways will post updates within this week as i am supposed to get the replacement this Wed...

I agree. One of my 2 sticks of 2GB developed stability problems and I took it to dealer and he wouldn't agree. He just boots the system and says "It's working fine in my system, why not in yours?" :mad:

How much ever I tried to explain him politely the problem, he won't listen, as he doesn't even know that bad rams can cause stability issues like bluescreens and shit, he thinks if the system boots, the Ram is fine. He kept the Ram with him for almost a month saying that he will send it to the service centre to see if he can RMA or not, but he never sent it and always claimed that the Ram is still fine.

Finally had to have a fight with him and he took the ram and returned the money to me. :mad:

Immediately I purchased Gskill 4GB kit and sold off my other 2GB Transcend stick. Will never buy anything from Transcend, or for that matter, anything that involves dealer for RMA process.

We have become habitual of recommending Transcend RAMs cause earlier there were only two RAM companies.
One can either go for Transcend, at a bit more price, or go for cheaper, but pathetic Hynix RAMs. (TwinMOS was in between)
For an enthusiast, the choice was clear. Stable RAM was much better than cheaper RAM.
This was in the days of DDR 1 RAMs. Later Kingston made it's presence felt in the market.
But till then for DDR2, we were searching for Corsairs and GSkills.

Also there was some price difference between Kingston and transcend. Initially Transcend was a bit costlier than Kingston. Now general mentality is , if something is costing sightly more than the competitor it must be better.
Widespread of Transcend Pen drives, reputation of Transcend Portable HDDs ( against chinese USB case + PATA Hdd) helped it.

Even now, Transcend RAM, Pen drives etc are not bad products and most of the time at par with the competition ( some times better eg. transcend pendrives are faster than Corsair non GT pendrives, former costing lesser).

If Transcend improves A S S, it's good.

Hope MSI is kept on this list as well

Heard it from an internal distri guy, that MSI rejects RMA requests for lame reasons
Getting a MB replaced by MSI is a very hard task (dont know abt their other products)

Infact, there are many companies/products are like this in India, they take Indian customers for granted
Wish we have stronger laws here to sue these buggers

One of My Transcend 2GB modules has gone bad... Computer refuses to boot on it.. Its under warranty...

Whats the procedure.. they ask for bill or is it serial no. all the way @ Accel.. .

accel had promised me replacement for 2GB ddr2 module in 15 workingg days..

date submitted: 24th Dec'09

Last Status updated for my Call ID was on 1st Jan 2010... no update sisnce then, called them and they said that nothing can be promised regarding transcend now.. you will have to wait and watch...

Buy Corsair RAM man, I was so amazed to see that my RAM got changed in Flat 2 days. Since they were not having RAM of Capacity of 512 DDR2 RAM 667 MHz, they had asked me to wait for 2 days and thereafter I got 1 GB DDR2 RAM instead. I was really delighted by their service.

I agree with OP, Transcend RAM RMA via Accel is slow. I can prove it using the Accel service tickets that took more than 2 months to resolution.

I went to accel trivandrum office some 3-4 weeks back to RMA my 1TB Seagate HDD. Saw a note stuck there on the noticeboard that they no longer accept RMA for transcend (due to some delays or something).

It seems we need to contact transcend directly for RMA :O

Back