PC Peripherals Avoid Transcend products!

took me two months to get a working gigabyte mobo.

First RMA took a month, didnt boot.

second RMA took another month.

Dealer ( who i know very well) pleaded helplessness. Actually 2 months was after he expedited my case. I shudder to imagine how it is for others. He said they were getting non working products after RMA , and that they were directing customers straight to accel after they screw it the first time around.

And I thought Rashi was bad :S

i saw the same thing when i went for seagate RMA...the lady fought over telephone with a guy and told it will take at least 45 days for RMA and its NOT their fault and u shud complain at transcends end.......i even fought over this thing with the accels guys telling that they take contracts from dozens of companies and cant deliver service properly

If u people are interested u can file an online petition at PetitionOnline.com - Free Online Petition Hosting

and post abt this on other forums and then email transcendusa

earlier petition for airtel fup was made at Airtel Fair Usage Policy ....with many emails and activity airtel revised it original FUPS 2-3 times ..(it was mine idea then too :D)

I dont think we need to blame transcend for this. I think accel frontline should also be added to the thread title, and take some of the blame

i think one shall always take the case directly to the service center rather than dealer.

dealers are not entitled to provide warranty and service and thus, it is not their prime concern. they do the job on their own time and sometimes there no time.

ultimately they blame the service provider and the brand...which gives him the lead to sell other substandard material to the 'customers with hope'.

Hi All ,

I have same issue with Transcend / Accel. I submitted my DDR RAM at their Tardeo (Mumbai) office on 10th December 2009 and did not hear anything back from them. When I called them back yesterday I was shocked to hear "You will have to wait for 45 Days! ".

I tried to clarify if she meant 45 days from 10th Dec but to my surprise it was from 30th Dec.

People at Accel did not seem to help or give a clear picture of the situation.

I finally had to buy another RAM (NOT TRANSCEND !) and the wait is still on.

as of now even i spoke to the distri's and it seems it a move by transcend directly and even distris are told a 45 days time period. may be a better setup will come in with time. because first it was all via the distri and the channel at times got very long and the rma did not happen. not that its out of their hand transcend it trying to setup it self in india apart from the distri's for RMA

Anubis said:
Zion Ram RMA happens hand to hand on the spot if your Ram is faulty
Zion is relatively less known brand but their rams are of top quality. good to see service is equally good.

mediahome.in said:
as of now even i spoke to the distri's and it seems it a move by transcend directly and even distris are told a 45 days time period.
distri./delers can't do much when company itself willing to give such service.:mad:

Avoid transcend products... My brother had bought a transcend ram some months ago and had stopped working a few days ago. It now turns out that the store has closed down. The new store wallah guy has given a phone no of the old store guy. Now brother is trying to get in touch with him.

Transcend products are no good. My new 320GB HDD(External) went kaput on just a couple of days.
Showed Data redundancy errors just out of the box.

apextwin146 said:
for transcend do we requrie a bill for RMA? Also for transcend RMA do we need to directly get in touch Accel or the shop we got ir from ..

bill is not required and you can either approach accel directly or go via your retailer... in either case the rma will be handled by accel, thus you can save your time by approaching them directly.

madnav said:
bill is not required and you can either approach accel directly or go via your retailer... in either case the rma will be handled by accel, thus you can save your time by approaching them directly.

Though I am not 100% sure with this, but i think Bill is very much required for Transcends
Like Seagate, i dont think Accel has an online warranty tool for transcends
atleast i have not noticed it when i was there

^ i submitted a transcend RAM at accel on 24th DEC, there was no bill.. i usually do not prefer to run for rma and get it done via my dealer but he suggested to approach accel directly as the bill was missing.

the rma is still in process...cant really blame as most of the days in between were wasted as non-working days in calender. But they assured me that it usually takes 15 working business days for transcend.

Back