Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

I can't even glide up after the dive bomb and i'm stuck at part where you dont need to touch the ground in main story mission

Mark Hamill Retires From Joker Role

Looks like Batman: Arkham City is the last time we'll hear Mark Hamill voice the Joker.

Hamill indicated on Twitter he's done voicing the Clown Prince of Crime.

"Hello/Goodbye Joker! I've enjoyed every minute behind the wheel of the Crown Prince's crazy car- I'm going to miss him more than I can say!!"

This news should come as no surprise as Hamill said in an interview with IGN back in May that Batman: Arkham City would be his final project.

Hamill began voicing Joker back in 1992 in Batman: The Animated Series and would continue to do so in episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, and Static Shock. He also played the Joker in two animated films: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Source: Gameinformer

This blows royally. Hamill was had voiced the role of Joker to perfection. :(

Completed the game though I didn't looked satisfied at the end of the game the number of characters where pushed into the game but overall a good game

:eek:hyeah:

3D Cover

-

2011-10-25%25252018.55.54.jpg

-

-

Preorder gift: Reebok Watch

-

2011-10-25%25252018.57.08.jpg

-

-

Also got Catwoman playable character.

Finished with the main story on Hard :eek:hyeah:

The story, I think, is expertly written with a surprising twist in the end.

I read on some forums people calling it a weak story but those are the guys that didn't bother thinking the whole thing up and reading the Arkham City stories.

Boss battles were at least better than Arkham Asylum but the side quests involving characters could have had better endings.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Nice! Do you just need to solve all his riddles or collect all his trophies as well?

The prompt for the final showdown came at 400/440 ie you need to complete at least 400 of the 440 Riddler challenges and that includes a lot of things like trophies, physical challenges, riddles, breakable objects and even Catwoman trophies count.

I have all the Catwoman trophies and there are about 7 Batman trophies left but now its not required to do them all.

Now I'll try for some more trophies before moving on to UC3.

{Augmented Reality Training activated - Augmented Reality Training failed} ^ ∞

:mad:

Augmented Reality Training complete!!

(= AR Knight)

:eek:hyeah:

Began playing the title since yesterday morn and have had quite some progress by far. The only gripe I have had is the lousy boss encounters. Save for one, the rest of them felt as if they were included just for the heck of it. I recall the encounter with Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum and that guy still gives me the creeps! However, I loved the combat in the game with all those added combos and the extra dose of gadgetry plus all the upgrades in the game. Seemed like a good addition to me. The sound effects really stand out esp. in a 5.1 environment (Dolby D) wherein you can distinctly hear those thugs chatting to each other and during combat as well, which comes from individual speakers. When Batman turns around, the output changes accordingly. Voice acting and sound tracks (felt a bit like Batman Begins and TDK?) in the game is excellent. Pretty sad Mark Hamill had to resign from the role of Joker's voice actor - he did a fantastic role overall! And I really wish Batman could sprint by default instead of walking. Walking or movements by stealth could have been done by manually controlling the analog stick. Got used to these controls in several titles esp. Uncharted for instance.

Btw is Alfred serving as Batman's butler? From the game it looks like he took over Lucius Fox's post! :/

kestrel5915 said:
The prompt for the final showdown came at 400/440 ie you need to complete at least 400 of the 440 Riddler challenges and that includes a lot of things like trophies, physical challenges, riddles, breakable objects and even Catwoman trophies count.

I have all the Catwoman trophies and there are about 7 Batman trophies left but now its not required to do them all.

That's just insane man! The sheer amount of Riddler's trophies and challenges in the game (400?) drives me nuts. I can spot a Riddler's trophy in almost every nook and corner of the level. :dead:

Been playing the game on the 360 since past couple of days. Have not spent more then 2 hours overall on the game but I am hooked on. Will try to beat the game tonight as I have a day off tomorrow. Lets see. Though the game looks like an excellent game.

The dive bomb thingy is just too tedious :p

Switch said:
The dive bomb thingy is just too tedious :p
Thankfully, you don't need to use that a lot, except when you perform those AR trainings. Once you have the grapple boost upgrade, travelling will be a piece of cake. :D

Back