Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

Gannu said:
That's just insane man! The sheer amount of Riddler's trophies and challenges in the game (400?) drives me nuts. I can spot a Riddler's trophy in almost every nook and corner of the level. :dead:

Yes, there are a heck lot of things related to Riddler.
The riddles and physical challenges can be done pretty easily but its the trophies that take much effort.

But anyway, I owe it to Letsbuy for delaying my UC3 shipment and giving me time for doing all that.

Also I found two of the Advanced AR training difficult to master.

Boss battles are pretty easy to do even on New Game Plus but countering some of the specific types of enemies (*see spoiler) becomes tough on New Game Plus because of no on screen prompt.

*Talia guards and assassins. Also Ra's fight is a good place to get the x50 combo.

I shall NOT buy from Letsbuy henceforth. Not at least games. These guys took their sweet time and to add salt to the wound, Blue Dart delayed the delivery by 2~3 days. Shipped the copy on Monday and I received it by Saturday. Not again. :|

kestrel5915 said:
*Talia guards and assassins. Also Ra's fight is a good place to get the x50 combo.

Talia's guards were pretty easy too albeit slightly harder than the usual crop of thugs wandering in the Arkham City. The only good boss encounter by far was Ra's. :p

Gannu said:
Talia's guards were pretty easy too albeit slightly harder than the usual crop of thugs wandering in the Arkham City. The only good boss encounter by far was Ra's. :p

Did you play the New Game Plus already?

The absence of the on screen prompt confuses me whether its a normal attack or a sword attack but now instead of countering I just jump and evade.

kestrel5915 said:
Did you play the New Game Plus already?

Do you mean the second playthrough? Not yet. I'm left to complete one final mission I suppose. Here's where I stand ATM:

Done with Freeze's boss battle and interrogated Quincy Sharp. Need to go back to the Steel Mill to confront the clown.

Completed the main storyline. Well, I am underwhelmed. :( I do not know why but I suppose Uncharted 3 can be blamed for that. I simply sat on the couch, played it without any mojo and my roomie kept watching as I completed it. Will attempt some side missions. Wouldn't care about the new game plus and the trophies.

Completed several side quests over the weekend and the overall progress stands at 64%! :D

And a first for any game by far, I felt the side quests were more interesting and fun over the main ones! Barring the AR training missions and rescuing the political prisoners (which I completed anyway :p) the others were really good and worth attempting IMO. In the course of completion, gained a lot of XP, unlocked many gadgets and improved the existing ones. Hunting Deathshot, helping Bane with a kahaani mein twist towards the conclusion, finding Nora for Mr. Freeze, attending Mad Hatter's tea partay, chasing Victor Zsasz aka the Cold Call Killer etc to name a few. Some more missions remain such as finding the identity killer, recovering Freeze's tech inside the steel mill, rescuing the hostages from Riddler and finding who is the Watcher in The Wings . Not sure if I can complete them all but the sub-plots are definitely interesting.

If anyone has completed Watcher in The Wings side quest, need some pointers here. I have found just 2 markers on the map. Any clue on the remaining ones? Do they have to be found randomly when searching the areas or does Oracle/Alfred send us some clues?

^

My game progress for now stands at 80% :)

Those locations aren't random but fixed and they have to be found out by yourself ie Oracle/Alfred will not mark it for you.
Using detective mode will help.
However sometimes its buggy and won't appear, just reload the game.
Here are the approximate locations IIRC:

1. Opposite to the entrance to Solomon Wayne Courthouse.
2. On top of that big ferris wheel near steel mill.
3. In Bowery, on a very tall building near the subway entrance.
4. Near GCPD.

And if you're playing on console then its your chance to get the Catch trophy/achievement. Just throw your RC Batarang at that guy and the bugger will catch it.

Ohh man, I was thinking of buying one but it seems the game has lot of bugs (according to the article). I guess I will play the first part again until they come up with a patch. Very much disappointed :(

devesh38 said:
i heard today from one of my friend....

That's right. I too got a mail from them saying first week of December. But the PC port released today, guess they'll take some time to procure and ship.

Bluffmaster said:
Has anyone got hold of the PC version? According to reports its a bad console port, some even suggesting it to be worse than L.A Noire. :(

The game runs fine in DX9,the DX11 part of the game is really messed and rocksteady has announced that a patch is on the way to fix that,the game is silky smooth in DX 9 mode :D

Back