Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

Aman27deep said:
I'm not sure about that. The company that publishes ea games in india has said that there will be no more discounts on preordered games in india. I read it somewhere.

Sent from my Motorola Defy.

That would be Milestone Interactive, Indian distributors of EA games, that'll be sad hope fully more people will learn from the model CD Projeckt RED is following with its Witcher line of games.

Aman27deep said:
PC FTW. You Know It ;)

My only comment on this one (slightly adapted from CoH) --

" Just give me a rifle, ten rounds and point me at a console. " -- taken from the rifle squad.

ALPHA17 said:
My only comment on this one (slightly adapted from CoH) --

" Just give me a rifle, ten rounds and point me at a console. " -- taken from the rifle squad.

10 rounds for the PS3, but 1 would be MORE than enough to kill a 360 :p Infact just hot air can do the trick too :D

ALPHA17 said:

Thats probably fine for console lovers - provided you get 10 HS with your 10 rounds and knife the other 2 enemies (24 max players max limit).

However on the PC, 10 bullets with 10 HS (which BTW will probably result in you getting banned for hacking in a heartbeat but thats another matter) will STILL leave 22 enemy combatants around - thanks to 64 player support!

PC wins for me anyday!

I already have my BF3 strategy planned.

I plan to hide behind Aman pro. He'll kill 31 players enemies single handed while the remaining 31 players in our team will (hopefully) kill the last one. ;)

64 player mayhem is going to be - AWESOME!

^^ The more I read about the game the more I lose interest.

...first its not on steam.

...then its got the prone position again so Snipers can just camp a lot.

...then m worried that 64 players will be mayhem more than increase co-operative team play.

...then the buildings will not be as destructible like in BF2.

...is there gonna be anything better than the current BF2:BC ?

yes, better graphics. yes, more players. yes, to newer tech....but would they lose out on the core elements....I certainly hope not as I am really looking forward to some awesome multi-player.....

Infected said:
^^ The more I read about the game the more I lose interest.

...first its not on steam.

If available locally for 999, who the f*ck would buy it on steam for 60$?

Moreover i kinda hate steam, for a small 10 mb update for my fellow TF2 players, i have to download 3 GB :|

PLUS, Origin is better cause it is vastly bug free + it isn't required to start you games.

...then its got the prone position again so Snipers can just camp a lot.

There's a feature which lets you know of the camping snipers so you can kill them :D

...then m worried that 64 players will be mayhem more than increase co-operative team play.

BF2 did it very well, so why can't this?

...then the buildings will not be as destructible like in BF2.

BF2 didn't have a destructible environment

...is there gonna be anything better than the current BF2:BC ?

There's squad leader, there's the eye candy gfx, there's a superior game in every way. BAttlefield is releasing their new game, nearly after 2 years. COD does that every year, i don't see COD-boi's moaning?

yes, better graphics. yes, more players. yes, to newer tech....but would they lose out on the core elements....I certainly hope not as I am really looking forward to some awesome multi-player.....

Answered in bold -

ps, you a Cod Fanboi?

^^ All my refrences to BF were to BF:BC2....and not the original BF.

No I am not a fan boi of any I just like any solid FPS ..

My favorite, you can all me old were MOH:AA and RTCW.

...but yes I love Steam and Valve, they have been great for me in all of their existence.

Yes, the price is a big issue I totally agree, thats the only -ve for steam, but I dont buy a lot of games just a few and I like to have steam as my primary gaming repository....

I really hope you are right Aman, and that the game is awesome, I really hope so too, but just worried....

I dont know the obsession by taging people "fanboi", if they comment on one game...I am not a fan boi of any I just like to play whatever comes my way....

@infected

Not having it on Steam does suck. Problem is, this issue is set to become a common trend for future EA games. DA 2 has been reportedly removed from Steam today much like Crysis 2 was.

I dislike Origin/EADM when compared to Steam, Gamersgate and GOG. I dont trust EA - period. At the drop of a hat they "phase out" (read "retire") games without any warning while usually citing "expiration of licensing". Its a bit odd that Steam has never had any such issues with any game to my knowledge.

Then theres the "downloads only allowed for one year after purchase issue" which completely p1sses me off. The fact that EA reps themselves are confused and unaware about their own policies doesn't inspire much confidence either.

Unfortunately there's little choice unless one is prepared to wait for the retail release (to actually reach you at home) which may well be 1-2 weeks after the online version. I cant wait that long.

Prone was present in BF2. Will there be annoying prone snipers? Count on it. However just because a sniper is prone doesn't make him somehow invulnerable. There are pros and cons to everything.

As for your point on Co-op players on pub servers - I have played a bit of BC2 and I can honestly say I never really saw any sign of REAL team co-op play even in 32 player games.

What I did see was groups of friends (3-5 guys) who tend to cooperate regardless of what the other players in their team are doing. They are the ones who actually try to hold/attack objectives in a coordinated manner, use tanking tactics etc. Everyone else is just doing their own thing - which is perfectly fine. It -IS- a PUB server after all.

Co-op will prolly be the same in BF3 though I do agree that with 64 players it will possibly be less effective with just 3-5 players cooperating against 32 enemies even if the enemies are not cooperating themselves simply due to the sheer no. of enemy players.

I agree with you regarding the building destruction issue. This really sucks. I can however see a couple of reasons why complete destruction of every building/structure may not be ideal from a game play perspective.

Issues that I am more concerned about are -

How many BF3 servers will come up in India and will they even be able to handle 64 players? I remember Indian servers lagging with 32 players at times. :(

Lack of mod tools - leading to a complete lack on innovation. We will be stuck with whatever EA/Dice decide to "gift/sell" us (DLC). If you think back to BC2, most of the earlier "DLC" was just a re-hash of regular maps. Nothing truly innovative. People are still playing BF2 even TODAY thanks to mods. Without mods I seriously doubt BF3 will last as long. EA/Dice probably don't want it to anyway.

Another peeve I have is why they have shown absolutely nothing about flying so far. I mean come on! Thats one thing I am so looking forward to. Apart from a few isolated clips here and there, theres not much out on this. At least for the tanks we got a decent look on what to expect. Not so for aircraft....

Can someone clear my doubt ?

I pre-ordered BF3:LE on nextworld for 999 INR, few weeks ago. Now, the price on all sites has been raised to 1499 INR, so would I be getting Normal edition instead of LE or would they cancel my order ?

kRuSnIk said:
Can someone clear my doubt ?

I pre-ordered BF3:LE on nextworld for 999 INR, few weeks ago. Now, the price on all sites has been raised to 1499 INR, so would I be getting Normal edition instead of LE or would they cancel my order ?

well just now i checked my account in nextworld it still say 999 :S

Also this will be coming to steam post release :)

PS : Isnt it time , one would show the JETs Gameplay ?

! 0 t A said:
PS : Isnt it time , one would show the JETs Gameplay ?

Seriously man. I mean come on!

I'm sure aircraft WILL have a significant role to play in BF3 regardless of whether they are fixed wing or rotor.

All they have shown about aircraft in BF3 so far is a sad joke.... :mad:

The fact that there are no mod tools means we wont get stuff like this for BF3 either -

what! price increased. when did this happen??

I was thinking of buying this directly of the store on the first day of arrival in india as pre-orders generally take 2-3 days more than normal.

Off topic : EA has even increased the price for NFS RUN. Not good. They should have done this only for the future titles and not for one's which were already up for preorder.

Infected said:
SOURCE??? please....

0kD0J.jpg

EA Technical Support Chat Transcript :)

Source : FB

^^ Thank you sir...

Some good news for the day....I am one of those addicted to Steam....So will for it no matter the intl price.

Back