Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Official release dates from EA for BF3 -

According to the list Sing, HK, Malaysia, Thailand and SRI LANKA (?!?!) start on the 25th itself.

Also a country that's less than a 100 kms away from India (Sri Lanka) has the game released 3 days before India?! :(

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)

Brunei, Cambodia, Cocos Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Northern Mariana, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)

American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Martinique, Mexico, Moldova, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tajikistan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Virgin Islands

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Moscow Daylight Time (GMT +4)

Russian Federation

Thursday, October 27th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)

Antarctica, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Christmas Island, Cook Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, French Guyana, French Southern Territories, Germany, Heard and McDonald Islands, Kiribati, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauru, Mayotte, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Polynesia (French), Reunion (French), Romania, Samoa, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Syrian Arab Republic, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futura Islands

Friday, October 28th, 12:01am British Summer Time (GMT +1)

Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Ireland, Italy, Nepal, Pakistan, Portugal, South Africa, United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 2nd, 12:01am Japan Standard Time (GMT +9)

Japan

Game4u says its going to be in India on 25th itself... I am confused

I have ordered from flipkart, though it says Limited edition, but will I get physical warfare pack with it??

Well even if they "launch" the game on the 24th night, I don't think they have mentioned anywhere that a buyer will be able to actually PLAY from the 25th. Or have they?

The launch dates I posted above are from the official EA site when you login with your own account and check for BF3 release dates.

chiragsthakur said:
Game4u says its going to be in India on 25th itself... I am confused

I have ordered from flipkart, though it says Limited edition, but will I get physical warfare pack with it??

Dude every one gets the physical warefare pack eventually its just a timed exclusive content :D

Yes you can .... Cant comment about smooth gameplay at high settings, but you shouldn't mind toning down settings a bit if games doesnt run smooth..
psdatta2005 said:
guys my can I run this game at 1080p with aa off and antialiesing off at high smoothly . pls need to pre order

psdatta2005 said:
guys my can I run this game at 1080p with aa off and antialiesing off at high smoothly . pls need to pre order

You should get around 30 FPS at 1080p with 4X AA according to this image -

jGpgP.png

Note that these results were off "BETA" code so you may get a little more (hopefully) with the release code. Also note that the above bench was on an i7-2600k unlike your Q6600....

Looks right, I ran the beta at 1600x900 (ultra settings) on i5 2500, 8GB DDR3 and GTX 570 sonic, ran like a million dollars (smoother than Crysis 2 for sure with atleast 60+ FPS all the time and ZERO stuttering). But yeah there were freezes and network issues all the time, but I'm dying to see what the actual game would look like. :)

Here's how the Release date's gonna be.

1 Those who ordered the Digital version from Origin MIGHT get to play on the same day i,e 25th .

2 The Physical copy dudes MIGHT get it on 28th or on 25th. ........... IMO .

Mine's a Physical Copy Damn it :mad: !!!

As Game4U is giving PC copies on 24th midnite, I'm pretty sure on 25th our copies will be shipped from flipkart. And this can also be seen from EA website, that PC launch in India is 25, and console is 28. Although i do not know if we'll have to wait till the 28th even if we have are copies before 28th (for the PC). When we install the game, it just might be only preloaded and waiting for the official launch by origin.

Date for 25th just confirmed by an EA chat rep as the retail box release date in India.

This is the first and LAST game I ever buy directly from Origin.

Theres really no point in buying digital if the retail box version is available even BEFORE the release date. I would much rather buy a retail box in that case. With retail theres no headache to download, you can install it as many times as you like, it wont "expire" after 2 years (like EA's digital versions can).

Also regarding your question whether PC users can play before the 28th if they get the game, the EA rep said no.

When I asked why some other Asian countries get to play before us, the reply was (and I quote) - "I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please to inform you that it is games marketing policy. We at customer support can not modify this."

Back