Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

reddead said:
i have a lappy with ati 6630m gpu...

enough??

Probably at low :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
^Could that be because the beta was less optimised? Supposedly they are bringing a patch on the launch day as well. Hope this improves the performance.

Yeah that might be it. BTW check Facebook PM :p

uh8ru.jpg

This is how your SteelCase will look.
Xacw4.jpg

Aman, Ricky, Jojo - who amongst you folks scored the best one? Where is mastersquall these days? Don't get to see him in the forums. Is he into the BF3 OB scene as well?

EDIT: I am confusing mastersquall with some other member. Don't recall his ID. He was a pro going by the BFBC2 stats.

PS: The thread just entered the 50th page wOOt!

360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack. (Texture pack will come on a separate DVD)

360 owners are going to want to clear some space on their hard-drive ahead of next week's Battlefield 3 launch.

As previously reported, the 360 version of Battlefield 3 will ship with an additional DVD containing a texture pack for optional installation to the 360's hard-drive. These high-definition textures will be streamed from the hard-drive during the game to enhance DICE's visual representation of its own take on modern warfare.

The original story raised a number of questions concerning a possible disparity between the different versions of Battlefield 3 and so at this week's EA showcase in London, Gamerzines asked executive producer, Patrick Bach, to clarify the purpose of the optional texture pack.

"There's nothing magic about it," explained Bach. "It's the same thing we do for PC and PS3, so there's nothing extra. I think the controversy about this is that we actually let you do it on 360 for once. So what it does is it gives you the same abilities, kind of, as the PC and PS3. You can actually stream information from the hard drive."

"That's new for Xbox 360, but it's not a new idea for the gaming industry as a whole. No one has really tried to do it properly, so us doing it will create question marks."

Bach was insistent that the optional install is most definitely worth it, though was unable to state exactly how much HDD space the textures will require.

"It does make a difference, yes, absolutely. The whole engine is based around streaming textures, streaming terrain and a lot of other content.

"The thing with the 360 is that you need to be able to give consumers a game where you don't have to install it on a hard drive, because there are 360s without a hard drive. So we need to give you the option of installing it, rather than just demanding it. You could call it a 'standard-def' version for the 360 if you don't have a hard-drive."

Read more on: 360 Battlefield 3 is 'Standard-Def' without Texture Pack - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Gannu said:
Aman, Ricky, Jojo - who amongst you folks scored the best one? Where is mastersquall these days? Don't get to see him in the forums. Is he into the BF3 OP scene as well?

EDIT: I am confusing mastersquall with some other member. Don't recall his ID. He was a pro going by the BFBC2 stats.

when you said pro i was completely fell from my chair laughing :rofl: indeed mistake look at my state . Not even good player forget pro player .

Gannu said:
Aman, Ricky, Jojo - who amongst you folks scored the best one? Where is mastersquall these days? Don't get to see him in the forums. Is he into the BF3 OP scene as well?

Well i'm not an awesome sniper yet at BF3, so mine would've been under 150m for sure. But practise can change that ;)

Aman27deep said:
If it's long enough, you can see it in the marksman bonus.
thanks! Anyways i am not a sniper.:D

Another question if you go in my profile it says dogtags 24 but in tags its 26.
how is this different?

Back