Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

In Gamer movie, gamer used to control another human being. This is just another representation of the TV/monitor. surrounding you. I just love it. I will be waiting for that gadget show to get more details about it.

I guess you mean a 4670..You could prolly do 1024x768/low and get an avg of 25fps..

And this just in! I can watch this all day until bf3 arrives ! :O

What an amazing trailer, better than the caspian border trailer for me. And also the recoil seems to have reduced, and the bullets required to kill have increased! AMAZING JOB DICE <3

Infected said:
^^ Source???

Check your mailbox for an Email from Origin -

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3. We would like to remind you

that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st. You will

receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include

your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.

Note: To ensure an optimal game experience, go to Origin.com/download

and install the latest version of the Origin Client before you pre-load.

Sincerely,

The Origin Team

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ubergeek said:
but sadly

My PC is not

*looks at 8800gt with contempt*

Similar situation here (GTX 260). Having said that the BETA was "playable" (but ugly) with most video options set to LOW at 1024x768.

^^ AFAIK, running a graphics intensive game on 1024x768 makes the CPU work more than GPU. Your GTX260 should give playable frame rates with decent eyecandy at 1600x900... At present at that reso, you are under utilizing your GTX260 IMO.

I have a Q6600 oc'd to 3 Ghz.

I found anything above 1024x768 causes significant frame rate loss in open areas (ie. the area before the metro entrance. Add to this the "bug" i experienced where zooming in to ones scope caused massive frame rate drop.

I tried several resolutions - and finally found 1024 to be the optimum for game play personally....

chiragsthakur said:
^^ AFAIK, running a graphics intensive game on 1024x768 makes the CPU work more than GPU. Your GTX260 should give playable frame rates with decent eyecandy at 1600x900... At present at that reso, you are under utilizing your GTX260 IMO.

I agree with this. Should have tried higher res?

^Could that be because the beta was less optimised? Supposedly they are bringing a patch on the launch day as well. Hope this improves the performance.

Battlefield 3 - System Requirements - GeForce

nV said:
Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU - check

Memory: 4 GB - check

Hard Drive: 20 GB - check

Graphics Card: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

or AMD ATI Radeon 6950) - check

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible - check

Keyboard and Mouse - Doh!

DVD ROM Drive - NA

Bring it on b1tches! :eek:hyeah:

Am sure day 1 will be better than the Beta. Plus subsequent patches (groan = 1 GB) will make things better....!

Back