Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

If you plan to play this game on the 360. I'd say please install the texture pack.

Without texture pack -

vhmulticam2011102200412.png

WITH IT -

vhmulticam2011102209274.png

If this works, (and I dont see why it wont), then it makes region locking release dates redundant.

The author says its not illegal to do this and doesn't violate EA TOS but don't blame me if something goes wrong.

Apparently you only need the 3rd party app to "activate" the game. Once the game is activated, you dont need the 3rd party app anymore.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFO MENTIONED ABOVE OR THE LEGALITY OF THIS METHOD.

Rickyk said:
If this works, (and I dont see why it wont), then it makes region locking release dates redundant.

The author says its not illegal to do this and doesn't violate EA TOS but don't blame me if something goes wrong....

Ain't that super :p That is what i'm gonna do!

I will wait for 3 days more rather than doing this, coz if EA blocks the activation then to reactivate it legally would lead to more wastage of time... will wait ;)

From the EA UK forums - Again, please note I take NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS INFO OR ITS USAGE -

Thread link -

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1442947-vpn-play-25th.html

Just thought I would tell everyone about a free VPN service to play on the 25th in EU, since everyone is trying to find one or wondering if it will work.

http://www.privatetunnel.com/

I was looking for a way to play on the 25th and I found this site, it works perfectly, the release date check told me I could play on the 25th, the only problem is that is has a 100mb limit, so don't use it for anything other than launching BF3. Origin will only check the release date once, once it is verified you can play it anytime you want. So on the 25th, just sign up there, install the VPN client and then run origin and BF3, it will check the release date and will be verified as playable. Then i am pretty sure that you won't need the VPN again.

Normally one shouldn't get banned provided using a VPN to activate the game doesn't violate the games TOS. I don't know if it does.

Apparently some people used a VPN to get around release dates with BC2 as well so its not something new. No one got banned then. However with EA one really cant tell. It all depends on their whims and fancies.

Why they have these silly restrictions in place to begin with is beyond me. I really sympathize with the Japanese - they get the game LAST on the 2nd of Nov! Really stupid IMO. What did they do to deserve that!?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Link for BF3 PC Manual.

Dont know if its "Final" but it sure looks authentic. Its very basic....

http://support.ea.com/ci/fattach/get/785628/

^^ Don't you guys think a Korean or something of that side would be a better VPN to get..slightly earlier even...Tomorrow night maybe...

^^I meant any of the countries releasing on Korean midnight, that would be the earliest....

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)

Brunei, Cambodia, Cocos Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Northern Mariana, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

I dont understand one thing - MW3 has a single world wide PC release date regardless of region. Why cant BF3 have the same?

So does this mean that IW is actually more competent at releasing games than Dice/EA? After all I'm sure more people will be playing MW3 on PC than BF3....

Rickyk said:
I dont understand one thing - MW3 has a single world wide PC release date regardless of region. Why cant BF3 have the same?

So does this mean that IW is actually more competent at releasing games than Dice/EA? After all I'm sure more people will be playing MW3 on PC than BF3....

Activisions release is limited(not in all countries exclude india too AFAIK).On the other hand EA is doing almost worldwide release.Therefore has to cater the needs of people almost twice that of activision.Maybe due to this the varying dates.

BTW i hope they fix the bf3 stats site well.BC2 stat site is worst this time they even didnt updated my stats.every points achieved in the last game is lost.idiot site.:mad:
i will monitor bf3 stats site for few says.if the situation remains the same then i wont opt for it.

quan chi said:
Activisions release is limited(not in all countries exclude india too AFAIK).On the other hand EA is doing almost worldwide release.Therefore has to cater the needs of people almost twice that of activision.Maybe due to this the varying dates.

You CAN buy MW3 via Steam in India. Its not region restricted. Its been released worldwide. Countries include -

US, Australia, Belgium, France, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands,

Norway, Ireland, Span, Sweden and UK. Anyone from Asia can buy it via Steam.

EA method of staggered regional releasing seems outdated and redundant, especially if the VPN workaround works.

As for the no. your "no. of people argument" I think you put it the wrong way around.

To put this into perspective - MW2 sold 7 Million copies on DAY ONE. In comparison, BF-BC2 has sold 9 million copies till date!

To quote from wiki -

As of January 18, 2010, MW2 has taken over $1 billion in sales. Activision also claims that Modern Warfare 2 had 8 million players online within the first five days, constituting the largest 'army' of players in the world. On March 8, 2010, Robert Bowling announced that the game had amassed 25 million unique players.

So MW2 actually has almost 3 times the sales BC2 had, not to mention the fact that it had 8 million players online within the first 5 days whereas BC2 sold 9 million copies total in its entire lifetime.

BC2 was a "baccha" in comparison to MW2.

MW3 is set to be MUCH bigger. Therefore its more than likely that many, many, MANY more people will be playing MW3 compared to BF3.

Despite this, IW/Activision are able to do a coordinated simultaneous world wide release for MW3 but EA/Dice are not able to do the same thing for BF3....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update - Some more info on the VPN issue. As before, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK -

Official EA response regarding VPN - Electronic Arts UK Community

Back