Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

^^you misinterpreted my post.;)
I never mentioned anything about region restriction. Actually unlike mw1 we wont have any retail version release.you could also purchase mw2 from steam too.But the price was even for all.
btw dont always go by the stats they post.sometime they are incorrect too.But here in this case nope the case seems correct.
let me elaborate please.
actually modern warfare is modern warfare nobody can replace it.
Call of duty game is kind of all rounder game having a kick ass single player with an equivalent entertaining multiplayer.Where as battlefields is speciality is multiplayer only. Therefore no doubt MW made a huge fan base within a little time.People who are mostly interested in single player games will crowd for it even multiplayer lovers wont be left behind.Therefore you can very well understand the reason.
Also you might know MW2 had no definite or dedicated servers that was its prime fault.But still i liked it.
anyways for different release dates many assumptions can be made.May be they require server setup time.or they have decided to release it first for those countries where business is expected more.Region favouring.Marketing strategy may be.

So, 15 minutes till the reviews come out? Excited are we? How much will it score? Care to venture a guess?

I'm thinking at least 9.5!

guys i dont think we need to worry about the steel case. i wrote to flipkart and this is what they had to say

Thank you for writing in.

You are completely entitled for the Freebies available with the game "Battlefield 3" if you are placing the order for it when you see it advertised in our website. The special offer mentioned in the "Battlefield 3" page will be removed at once when the offer is no more valid. You will be eligible for the entire offer only if your placing an order when the special offer is mentioned in the product detail page.

also in the BF3 page it clearly mentioned(only on First come first serve basis) which is removed now

so iam assuming if you had preodered BF3 when the offer was present you will most probably get it.

8.0 Presentation

The multiplayer’s robust, the browser-based launcher works well, but those who don’t play online won’t find much meat in the other modes.

9.5 Graphics

Frostbite 2 shines in multiplayer, single-player, and co-op.

9.5 Sound

You’ll hear every bullet whizzing by your head, and the crash of rubble all around you.

8.5 Gameplay

Traversing the enormous world feels great, on foot or in a vehicle, but the single-player’s quicktime events are just lame.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

Multiplayer unlocks will keep you chasing the dragon for months.

OVERALL
Amazing

Closing Comments

When you shut down Battlefield 3 and let the Frostbite 2-powered dust settle, it certainly has some problems. But DICE’s adoration of and expertise with the online experience permeates every aspect of its multiplayer. Regardless of the narrative missteps or the occasional glitches, Battlefield 3 offers an unforgettable, world-class multiplayer suite that's sure to excite shooter fans, whether they fired their first bullet in Battlefield 1942 or have just now heeded Battlefield's call of duty.

Rickyk said:
I dont understand one thing - MW3 has a single world wide PC release date regardless of region. Why cant BF3 have the same?

So does this mean that IW is actually more competent at releasing games than Dice/EA? After all I'm sure more people will be playing MW3 on PC than BF3....

I guess it's mostly because of variable pricing (it's cheap locally).
_

chiragsthakur said:
Should have been 9.5 IMO.... I know they will rate outdated MW3 to 9.5

Who cares about the score. Nowadays people have moved on to more "reliable" ways of making informed decisions. The multiplayer kicks ass, which is what matters.

jc36lect3r said:
Who cares about the score. Nowadays people have moved on to more "reliable" ways of making informed decisions. The multiplayer kicks ass, which is what matters.

For me BF3 is pretty much the new benchmark in Shooters and therefore gets my money :)

But yes a beautiful 9.5 across all sites would have been nice to kill MW3 fans :) , rather BF3 haters.

Excellent reviews all around. :D

VG247 said:
IGN – 9.0

Joystiq – 4.5/5

Game Informer – 9.50

GameTrailers – 9.2

FZ.Se (Swedish) – 5/5

1UP – A-

GameSpy – 5/5

Everyeye.it – 9.2

Gamearena – 9.5

AusGamers – 9.8

GameReactor Sweden – 8

GameReactor Denmark – 9

GameReactor Norway – 9

Games.cz – 9

PCGames.de – 87%

GameStar.de – 9

CVG – 9.2

3DJuegos – 9.3

Oh and seems like DICE has teased the next Medal of Honor in the copies of BF3. :lol:

2U6Aj.jpg

Source: New Medal Of Honor Announcement Teased With BF3 Insert, Presumably Unveiling Soon - NeoGAF

Every year expect one awesome shooter from EA.

Battlefield

MOH

Bad Company

MOH being honest is designed to beat COD (which BF isn't according to me).

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Continuing to celebrate our hitting 2,000,000 fans we've got a whole pack of Battlefield 3 digital goodies - Wallpapers for your mobile devices, ringtones for your phone, and an excerpt from the upcoming Battlefield 3 novel, "The Russian".

Back