Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

soumalidon said:
WTF!! there is a 472MB Update as well after installation :(

ya it sucks . specially for person with stone age internet like me . after installing when i saw update size i was like WTF

What will be the latency in Battlefield 3 with an Airtel Wired Broadband connection? My BSNL Broadband hasn't been working properly for the last one month and I might have to change my connection. Airtel is the only option in my locality besides BSNL.

anybody can tell me what the BSNL pings are like? that will be the deciding factor whether I buy this game or not, as Singleplayer is reported in every review as 4 hours long and underwhelming

is there LAN play?

I think I will have my book : Battlefield Collectors Edition Official Guide from amazon.com by the time you guys get your copies from Flipkart.com,

That too was released on the 25th. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!

...DHL says tomorrow wonder if the work tomorrow.

41XU23dzVQL_SS500_.jpg

YOu guys can read a lot without the guide at the following locations|:

http://www.primagames.com/games/battlefield-3/primaguides/95/gameplay

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165568

:p

...m waiting for you guys to start fragging me. :(

Done with the campaign. Felt it to be pretty short. There were 12 chapters and I must have clocked somewhere around 6~7 hours on the Normal difficulty. But I am really impressed with the game. DICE's Frostbite 2 engine clearly stands out. The insane lighting effects in the game takes the cake! :O

The plot of the SP campaign was actually pretty good with the inclusion of all the QTE elements and vehicular combat. The F/A-18F Super Hornet gameplay - possibly the best chapter in the entire game! Right from the moment she takes off from the aircraft carrier till she lands. Do not take my word for it. Experience it yourself!

Btw these were the gfx settings I'd used on my system:

wcGpq.jpg

I made a really bad choice getting the PC version. It runs worse than the BETA version. Everything from the intro cut-scene to in-game sequences seem to be a stutter-fest. I tried dropping every possible setting to low, resolution to 1280x720, updating to the latest 11.9 Catalyst drivers and it still has no effect. :mad:

Back