Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

BF3 patch coming today with following fixes:
General performance and loading time improvements
• "Black Screen" fix for an issue occurring on some PC configurations
• Stereo and rendering support for Nvidia and AMD graphics cards
• Fixed several crashes that occurred when joining multiplayer and co-op sessions
• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement (aka "negative mouse acceleration")
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it (dangerous in Hardcore mode!)
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM, SQDM, or Conquest
• A large number of damage and range tweaks on a number of weapons to fine-tune overall balance in the game
• Added round duration and ticket summary at End of Round screen
• Fixed a problem regarding key bindings while playing
• Significant changes to the Join Squad interface, detailed at the bottom of this post

Source

Have they fixed the size of the stupid chat window yet? in my 19" monitor it occupies 1/5th of the screens really estate and is utterly distracting :mad:

anyhow i totally outta touch with the game now :( as iam busy with Skyrim and COD MW3 SP and everybody is ranking up how do you guys find the time with all the other games released this month i have barely enough time to spend on BF3 :mad:

Yeah true that, its very hard to find time to play other big games..I play BF3 for atleast 1 hour everyday, atleast for the first 100hours then will slow it down and concentrate on other unfinished games(which I have a truckload :p)

ubergeek said:
Have they fixed the size of the stupid chat window yet? in my 19" monitor it occupies 1/5th of the screens really estate and is utterly distracting :mad:

anyhow i totally outta touch with the game now :( as iam busy with Skyrim and COD MW3 SP and everybody is ranking up how do you guys find the time with all the other games released this month i have barely enough time to spend on BF3 :mad:

I only play BF3. Haven't touched any other game in a while. I don't even find single player games interesting any more.

ubergeek said:

baccilus said:
I only play BF3. Haven't touched any other game in a while. I don't even find single player games interesting any more.

Yup, Not getting much time any other game. I play battlefield atleast 1 hour daily.

Yet to finish MW3 SP. I purchased LA Noire on saturday(which is gr8 but so much time consuming) and also that awesomely awesome Batman Arkham City is also releasing today. :facepalm:

Oh God make DAY of 48 hours please please.

Why all developers want to release all the games at the same time. :mad::mad:

Am just stuck with Skyrim, LoL and BF3. Dont even want to think of my backlog (Witcher 2, AC all pending ). Haven't even started with COD or Batman. I just hope i can finish these before {diablo 3, Guild Wars 2} comes out.

And have a bigger backlog at work :facepalm:

Well, its not about finishing is it? Atleast, I play for the fun of it. Once it starts getting boring I will give it a break for a while.

I do it everytime right on the day of release of new drivers .... But more and more number of people who never experienced a crash are complaining about the crash after todays update, So I thiink it will be fixed....
devesh38 said:
^ try to update with new drivers also. If u have ATI card. 11.10 drivers were released recently.

For the base game download - yes. For the patch - no. Didnt work for me at least.

Origin had downloaded 85% of the new patch when my ISP decided to breakdown. When the ISP got back online an hour later, Origin restarted the download from scratch.

Perhaps Origin CAN resume patch downloads provided you don't exit and restart Origin like I ended up doing. Only way to find out is try I guess....

Enjoyed a Rush round at Tehran highway yesterday with Devesh, we both had [TE] tag on our names and were leading our team till end. Devesh did a fantastic job of activating the charge when we had zero deployments left and we regained the tickets at that time. It was fun

chiragsthakur said:
Enjoyed a Rush round at Tehran highway yesterday with Devesh, we both had [TE] tag on our names and were leading our team till end. Devesh did a fantastic job of activating the charge when we had zero deployments left and we regained the tickets at that time. It was fun

yes it was total fun and frustrating too in the end. The points were almost "zero" when the bomb was planted and it blasted after reaching zero. We regained the tickets and only one more attack remained. We were able to deploy one of the bombs very quickly. After that even the music also started which means the game is going to end and we had around 65 tickets left. But the enemy somehow became very strong and all started spawning at the bomb site. We were not able to pierce through and reach the "A" bomb. In the end we lost.

Had nice 15kills to 5 deaths in starting which ended up in the 30/29. That shows how strongly the enemy defended. But it was gr8 fun.

About the patch. I played 3 matches yesterday and had no problems at all. Was playing as usual at ULTRA settings. I couldn't understand the head and tails of the squad management in the new patch. Was niether able to join any squad nor leave. Had to spawn always at the base and had to run a lot to reach the bombs everytime.:mad:

heres the result screenshot :

10dryo6.jpg

Next time you upload an image kindly do it via TE image hosting :mad: ;)

Yes they defended really well, that one tank remained an headache till the end... I should have deployed with a javelin ...Shit... I didnt recognize it at that point :(

As far as the patch goes, well then I had to come down from Ultra to Low settings to save my game from crashing. Patch is not good indeed in terms of stability. Rest gameplay features are fixed but still some bugs..

Back