Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Infected said:
^^ Cool thanks...please post the IP and port here if possible we will try and join...

So who else is up for an all nighter tonite???

NOTE: Please use the TE tag so we can all join the same squads....

The IP: 210.210.16.186

Port: Default ts

My TS server is facing some connectivity issues, till its fixed, We are using Infinity's server on ts.

Had one the best days in BF3 yesterday.. Recovered a little bit of my terrible W/L ratio. Took Photonattack's dog tags LOL..

Won a rush match as attacker with 3 tickets left :clap:

Cant wait to get back from work and game today!.

Yeah I am in from 1.30 pm onwards :)... Now I love using knife.. Got 4 knife kills yesterday :hap2:
BlitzCraig said:
My TS server is facing some connectivity issues, till its fixed, We are using Infinity's server on ts.

Had one the best days in BF3 yesterday.. Recovered a little bit of my terrible W/L ratio. Took Photonattack's dog tags LOL..

Won a rush match as attacker with 3 tickets left :clap:

Cant wait to get back from work and game today!.

Is there any difference in spotting enemies while playing on a bigger screen?. I am finding it very difficult to spot the enemy while gaming on my 15 incher laptop and end up getting killed even before i could spot them.

Yes may be your small screen is making it difficult for you, coz the game has realistic graphics and so its difficult to spot enemies in maps like caspian border or damavand peak because of the environment that those maps have...
fire said:
Is there any difference in spotting enemies while playing on a bigger screen?. I am finding it very difficult to spot the enemy while gaming on my 15 incher laptop and end up getting killed even before i could spot them.

Infected said:
^^ yep I second that. As long as there is a empty slot it willo accept that squad join, just make sure you not in a squad or not looking for a squad option...[...]

ah!!! just found out the 'join' button a few kilometers down the screen.. feel like a stoopid now :ashamed:

BlitzCraig said:
[...] Took Photonattack's dog tags LOL.. [...]

hehe by the time I realised, it became too late and I painfully watched the animation :p

_

Battlefield 3 update - Coming Soon
The DICE team are hard at work supporting Battlefield 3. To date, we have implemented several server updates to improve stability and performance. Next week we are publishing a significant Battlefield 3 client update for the PC. Console patches take a bit longer due to the certification requirements for console content, but it will follow shortly after the PC update.

So what’s in the PC patch? You’ll see improved polish, stability, weapons balancing, squad control functionality, user interface enhancements, and several feature enhancements that address feedback the community has provided to date – plus we’re removing the so called “negative mouse acceleration†that some of you have experienced.

Regarding cheating and boosting, we continue to analyze data to identify and hold accountable (ban, wipe stats) players that cheat or boost. We’ve received questions about what to do when faced with unsportsmanlike conduct in Battlefield 3 – the best course of action is to click the warning sign next to their profile name in Battlelog, or head to the EA Help Desk and report your issue. These leads will enable us to follow up on the report.

We appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming to help us with future improvements. Check back next week to confirm the patch launch date and the detailed fix list. Thanks for playing and sharing your feedback with us!

10 all-new Assignments extend the persistence
The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistencein the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game.
iD1ff.jpg

Let’s take a closer look at the “Let it Rain†Assignment. To complete this assignment, players must score 20 kills with Light Machine Guns and two mortar kills. The game will keep track of how far along you have come to fulfill it. When you have met the requirements, you will unlock a new Back to Karkand weapon (with a matching set of dog tags) to use on any map including the base game. You will also unlock the new Creeping Death Assignment.

As with all of the Assignments introduced in Back to Karkand, you can keep building towards these no matter if you play on regular maps or maps from the new expansion pack itself. Your regular persistence will also be intact and keep building up no matter what map you play – Back to Karkand is in this way completely integrated into the base game, including the ability to have a map rotation mixing base game maps with Back to Karkand maps.

Source

Lets hope the patch improves the frame-rate of the multi-player. Right now it does not support all gaming mice. I get different sensitivity levels at the same DPI setting on my mouse.

Dont run away brotha.... Enjoy...you will get used to it... ;) Today was a bad day for me...My team was not playing for the motive... Died 11 times with only 4 kills...Courtesy Deathvirus :mad: Sniper... Ximpher and Me were playing together... :) The jet pilot of enemy was damn good I should say, he didnt allow our tanks to even leave the base camps.... In metro map, me and blitzcraig had a good exchange of fire... We got killed by each other at the same instant, me killed by his bullet whereas he was killed by my RPG :)

It isnt about the K/D ratio or the W/L ratio guys, dont let that tie into your self image or self worth, its a game, Period. Enjoy it. No ones gonna look at your K/D ratio and judge u, only u do urself.

If u die a lot, find out who plays best [like rey3z, jesterprax666] and send a friend request, join them to see how they play what strategies they use, how they move across the map tactically and u try to mimic it. An another option would be to watch whole game sessions in youtube, you will get some real insight as to the strategic application of ur firepower.

P.S Try the xbox controller for jets and helis, makes a huge diff.

Absolutely true :) I enjoy BF3... Coz when we play,the enemies are those who have been in our team and even many of them are in our friendlist...So I thoroughly enjoy it..
memnom said:
It isnt about the K/D ratio or the W/L ratio guys, dont let that tie into your self image or self worth, its a game, Period. Enjoy it. No ones gonna look at your K/D ratio and judge u, only u do urself.

If u die a lot, find out who plays best [like rey3z, jesterprax666] and send a friend request, join them to see how they play what strategies they use, how they move across the map tactically and u try to mimic it. An another option would be to watch whole game sessions in youtube, you will get some real insight as to the strategic application of ur firepower.

P.S Try the xbox controller for jets and helis, makes a huge diff.

Back