Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

btw we can't choose squads yet

Ofcourse we can, select a Squad with some room (make sure you not in a squad already) Then you will see a JOIN button at the bottom, Just click that...

The button is not like the deploy button but much smaller, seems like a fix after the Beta was out...

What is a squad leader supposed to do? Point at an objective and press Q?

Yep, pretty much thats what he is supposed to do, and by doing this Both the Squad leader and the members, get points when they are near the objective, either defending or Attacking....Please try and do this all the time or ask your Squad leader to do so, it helps the squad stay focused on an Objective...as well as give extra points.

Think if we all add the [TE] tag religiously then maybe that will be possible...

maybe we should have it for all members who are not in some other clan....

Infected said:
Ofcourse we can, select a Squad with some room (make sure you not in a squad already) Then you will see a JOIN button at the bottom, Just click that...

The button is not like the deploy button but much smaller, seems like a fix after the Beta was out...[..]

there is no guarantee that you will land in the squad you clicked. all matchmaking are done according to 'skill'. btw that 'skill' calculation is crap.

the upcoming patch will bring squad management it seems.

_

DigitalDude said:
there is no guarantee that you will land in the squad you clicked.

Never faced this problem myself. As long as theres a free spot in the squad you want to switch to you can ALWAYS join it.

Like Infected mentioned, its important to understand that one cant join another squad if you are already in a squad. You first need to "leave" your current squad before you can join another one.

Also, never use the "Find Squad" option when you want to connect to a specific squad because it will randomly assign you to any squad with a free slot rather than the squad of your choice....

^^ yep I second that. As long as there is a empty slot it willo accept that squad join, just make sure you not in a squad or not looking for a squad option...

I have it You change your OOPS to TE now

I removed OOPs long ago more than " Oops! " it seemed like some "Object Oriented Programming Stuff" and I left programming about 4 years ago and dont wanna go there agian :p

......will add TE tonite :)

chiragsthakur said:
Atleast, lets any four of us play a round in one squad :)

Yes it will be fun, but without proper voice chat, its not easy to work as a team. For e.g. If i need help to capture a flag or hold an objective, I have to squad type it rather than just call for help.
Infected said:
Think if we all add the [TE] tag religiously then maybe that will be possible...

maybe we should have it for all members who are not in some other clan....

I added the TE tag, but there is a small disadvantage. When other players see 4-5 players with the TE tag on one side, they quit after the match. I guess everyone is afraid of clans..:huh:

Yes it will be fun, but without proper voice chat, its not easy to work as a team. For e.g. If i need help to capture a flag or hold an objective, I have to squad type it rather than just call for help.

Thats why we have a Squad leader, and he is supposed to do this for us!!!

Else we have teamspeak. I am not using teamspeak as of now, will get on to it later, but its is really nice on the indian servers :)

My dad will throw Me and my PC out of my house if I keep shouting in voice chat :ashamed:

BlitzCraig said:

chiragsthakur said:
My dad will throw Me and my PC out of my house if I keep shouting in voice chat :ashamed:

Hehe. I will try to use teamspeak tonight. But will be little late in joining today. Maybe after 10pm. But since i have holiday tomorrow can play all night tonight. :D

Infected said:
Thats why we have a Squad leader, and he is supposed to do this for us!!!

Else we have teamspeak. I am not using teamspeak as of now, will get on to it later, but its is really nice on the indian servers :)

My mate and I have a server on teamspeak. Its called H3LLRID3. you can join there and make a room, Im the admin.

^^ Cool thanks...please post the IP and port here if possible we will try and join...

Hehe. I will try to use teamspeak tonight. But will be little late in joining today. Maybe after 10pm. But since i have holiday tomorrow can play all night tonight.

So who else is up for an all nighter tonite???

NOTE: Please use the TE tag so we can all join the same squads....

Rickyk said:
Also, never use the "Find Squad" option when you want to connect to a specific squad because it will randomly assign you to any squad with a free slot rather than the squad of your choice....

This may sound noobish. . But in the RUSH of things I have not seen any other button there to join a Squad. . that is why I always used Find Squad Button :(. . Is there any other way to select the squad when you are not in a squad ?

Back