Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

This wallpaper looks stunning in HD

591484ec531ff0f5ab.jpg

^1080 of it please :p

Flashlight should be nerfed for sure it blinds even from fu**ing range. I can understand that for a laser sight but even that should be toned down a bit. Flashlight should be blinding only in close quarters.

It should be blinding in close range but how much blinding? It is way too bright right now., It actually fills up the whole screen. Will turning of bloom/HDR help?

DigitalDude said:
Battlelog / Sign in me too :p

and as an engi concentrate more on taking out vehicles than infantry :cool2:

_

Totally agree with Photonattack. As an enginner you save your teams tickets my taking out tanks, which eventually blow your teammates to bits!! Im just 9000 away from the javelin, cant wait!!

Yesterday on the BFI server, I shot down the enemy chopper pilot with the SV98, I never thought it was possible, but the SV98 is super accurate!!

@photonattack: Lets play in a squad, I have another friend who games in the evening and normally I see Chirag, baccilus and InspectorVijay gaming as well. :hap2:

Yeah I am always behind the enemy tanks... :)

Yesterday in rush mode in caspian border... I saw a Tank which wasnt been used... Another guy was running towards the tank, I wrote on chat that please let me drive, instead that guy took control of that tank and crushed me to death... Then I found it was an enemy rushing towards the tank, instead of killing him, I was asking him to let me drive :facepalm:

I never chat when playing...makes no sense, almost no one will listen to you anyway...BTW how does one become the captain? Is it random or what?

....Sorry guys couldn't join you yesterday, was doing minor updates to the machine. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun...:)

But tonite m ready to pull an all nighter :) A RedBull & V. to keep me up and BF3 till my flight!!!

See ya guys this evening....

I never chat when playing...makes no sense, almost no one will listen to you anyway...BTW how does one become the captain? Is it random or what?

Chat: use Teamspeak, their server IP's are mentioned on the BFindia site. I need a mic for it though....

The chat on Indian servers is so very *colorful* that you will fall in love with it, I recall this from TF2 and CS:S.

Squad leader is random, or so it seems, but if you are not getting any orders ASK the Squad leader to give some, it gives points for him as well as for you :)

chiragsthakur said:
Yeah I am always behind the enemy tanks... :)

Yesterday in rush mode in caspian border... I saw an Tank which wasnt been used... Another guy was running towards the tank, I wrote on chat that please let me drive, instead that guy took control of that tank and crushed me to death... Then I found it was an enemy rushing towards the tank, instead of killing him, I was asking him to let me drive :facepalm:

LOL @Chirag, you should have hit Q= spot first. I do that all the time, I have set it as a shortcut key on my mouse. As soon as i see an orange dot, i open fire.

I dont think BF3 has voice chat in-game, its through party i think. But the party join is a non-functional feature in Battlelog. It has never worked for me.

A bug which I came across yesterday in Grand Bazaar map... In one of the ways to market, I got stuck in that gate. You can see that gate which leads to market as well as the corridor to alleyway. I wasnt able to get out of it. Was stuck there. Tried everything.. Even a team mate "Joysharma" tried to do various funny things to get me out of there. I even fired a RPG on point blank range of the gate. Still no luck. Requested enemy members to kill me, and they did :) I dont like to suicide ;)

I will share that video when I get home. I have it recorded

BlitzCraig said:
Totally agree with Photonattack. As an enginner you save your teams tickets my taking out tanks, which eventually blow your teammates to bits!! Im just 9000 away from the javelin, cant wait!!

Yesterday on the BFI server, I shot down the enemy chopper pilot with the SV98, I never thought it was possible, but the SV98 is super accurate!!

@photonattack: Lets play in a squad, I have another friend who games in the evening and normally I see Chirag, baccilus and InspectorVijay gaming as well. :hap2:

javelin is potent only if you have an ammo pack nearby and a recon with soflam, even in that case if an engi is repairing the enemy tank forget taking it out (too much time to reload and lock again). I felt the rpgs with a ammo pack nearby is more useful than javelin. javelin needs a buff just like the jets. only advantage is you can be far away from the tank.

yes you can take out pilots even with normal rifles, saw it happen mostly in damavand peak map :eek:hyeah:

btw we can't choose squads yet :p

_

Back